Two questions about the new board ..

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Lawrence,
Pick one - I have them all

When you test, do you test with virgin machines or do you test with machines that are used for dev work?

As stupid this may sound, it makes a difference.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Lawrence,
Pick one - I have them all

When you test, do you test with virgin machines or do you test with machines that are used for dev work?

As stupid this may sound, it makes a difference.

Really Greg? Yes - they are on non-dev machines.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We are aware that some browsers are not keeping members logged in and we are working on a solution.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Really Greg? Yes - they are on non-dev machines.

Yeah really Lawrence :)

But are they virgin machines?

I have been doing this stuff for a while and it is habit to find issues, customers like when I turn up something that they didn't think about before going live. I also do load/stress testing every once in a while, using Loadunner and opensta.

You may notice in your server logs that it appears to be one or two browsers and maybe two or three OS platforms, it is setup that way for Geo-Testing of sites but I am using everything from Aweb to Safari with different flavors of platforms, including Amiga.

I don't get this issue, I mean I have two customers who use this very same software, they have no issues with upgrades or reskinnning of the software and they are backwards compatible for earlier browsers. I mean like the advance editor thing, here I jump to the bottom of the page when I hit "reply", which isn't right - I should be on the advanced editor page when I click "reply". The keep logged in option doesn't appear at all.

With that said, I recommend that you take notes for the next upgrade (which your developer team should be doing anyway) with names and contact those people to test out the system to ensure these "little" bugs are fixed before going live.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ok, i now have to login each time i leave and come back....that just started and I cannot find a way to lockin and not have to login each time i come back...anyone know where the "setting" to "stay logged in" is at??

Think jenny had this issue..what was the fix, if any...

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Hope they keep this V4 Board up and running!!

I'm Lovin' this......

I can see what all is "New" across the WHOLE board within 1/2 a minutes time instead of the 4-5 minutes it used to take jumping from Forum to Forum to Forum.

That means LESS time I have to spend around here.............:p

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Hope they keep this V4 Board up and running!!

I'm Lovin' this......

I can see what all is "New" across the WHOLE board within 1/2 a minutes time instead of the 4-5 minutes it used to take jumping from Forum to Forum to Forum.
I take it you weren't using the "New Posts" feature on the old board ? :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I take it you weren't using the "New Posts" feature on the old board ? :rolleyes:

Old board at the top, new board at the bottom.

Captureaaa.jpg

ok, i now have to login each time i leave and come back....that just started and I cannot find a way to lockin and not have to login each time i come back...anyone know where the "setting" to "stay logged in" is at??
When you go to login, leave the login and password blank, and hit the login button anyway. It'll take you to another screen to login again. Check the box. :)

I don't get this issue, I mean I have two customers who use this very same software, they have no issues with upgrades or reskinnning of the software and they are backwards compatible for earlier browsers.
In the inimitable words of Montgomery Scott, "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think looks good, but I still like the old way better.

I think it looks more like the oldER way, before they changed the color scheme to more red. And everyone whined about it, cause we don't like change!
And then we got used to it, lol.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think it looks more like the oldER way, before they changed the color scheme to more red. And everyone whined about it, cause we don't like change!
I'm calling the current color scheme and smiley icons...
Taking Daffodils To Your Unicorn
fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

I think you're right, some of us don't like change. We will learn how to use the new system in time. :)