Two questions about the new board ..

Monty

Expert Expediter
I disagree with all of you that wish to use a different version. (See, two can't agree!).

I love the fact it is personalized for EO ..... and the different splashes of red, etc, make it a bit more cheerful.

And I never did have an issue with staying logged in, I signed in when there were no forums being displayed at all, and clicked on "keep me logged in" .... and it did.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Why pay? Because it faster because the "AD's" that are there are minimal and the bulk don't load or show...if the advertisers ads aren't seen,you really think they will continue to buy as they do now?? If a % of the membership wants to go to a board with mimimal ads, then pay for that option...

Its all about revenue...period....

Dump it after the change over is done, or charge for it....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I wonder if you could start at the homepage that does have the ads and then switch. Everyone would still see the ads.
Just a thought.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK it loads faster but here are a few things Lawrence, if you care to listen.

There are bugs, I think the biggest one is the reply button doesn't bring up the advance editor but the quick post box at the bottom of the page.

There are a few things I like, like with the full editor, we now have table features and super/subscript buttons - not that anyone would use them but they are nice to have. The one thing that I have had customers add to thsie site is a strikethrough option on the full editor, makes life nice.

There is one thing a few of us discussed this morning, it is the pastel color thing, which was my fischerprice forum comment. For some odd reason, forum owners seem to think that people like these soft colors when in fact a lot of people don't. Maybe it has to do with the OTS solution or what ever but changing it seems to help. So not to keep you puzzled, take a look at the forum home page and look hard at the read and unread icons. They are soft, so I tell people, those who have problems with their eyes, can hardly tell the difference and this includes many who I spoke to this morning. So having a bit more deep blue for unread posts and forums helps. The same goes for the threashold on the "hot" topics, maybe setting that at 25 would help with a contrasting red.

Wolfman mentioned smilies, they too are soft/light and should help if changed.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
It doesn't work for me that is why I am complaining!

I was on my laptop when I did it, so that was the difference.

Odd thing is that I didnt use my phone on the forums last night and figured I would have to log in. Mine apparently wasnt effected. Im using the phone now and earlier today and its like nothing ever changed?? Guess I'm special? :D

Monty

Expert Expediter
Color is really critical. For those of us with some degree of color blindness, (me), when guru's decide "this is it", they may be wrong for a lot of the viewers.

Case in point, DeLorme and their versions past 2007, I can't see the data worth a hoot! I called and asked them if, in future versions, they coud allow the user's to select our own default colors.

"Nah, it is what it is."

And I have not upgraded to the marvelous, (so they think), new versions.

KISS .. Keep It Simple Stupid always seems to work.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ok whats goin on in the "soapbox"?? I don't need to go back to 2007 each time i go there...I make the changes and they don't hold...only the soapbox...

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
ok whats goin on in the "soapbox"?? I don't need to go back to 2007 each time i go there...I make the changes and they don't hold...only the soapbox...

Chef I too noticed that the latest post on many of the forum with both the app and the website is reversed, the latested post is the last post even with the option selected.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Why pay? Because it faster because the "AD's" that are there are minimal and the bulk don't load or show...if the advertisers ads aren't seen,you really think they will continue to buy as they do now?? If a % of the membership wants to go to a board with mimimal ads, then pay for that option...

Its all about revenue...period....

Dump it after the change over is done, or charge for it....

????

No Advertisers within this format???

Hell, I'm sittin' here looking at an All State Express Ad/Banner along with a whole list of Advertisers on the right side of the page as I'm typing this in.:confused:

So Yes, Advertisers Banners CAN be placed here within this boards programming too.......

And...I agree too.....Default Smileys here Suck. Tried and True Smileys, as well hundreds of others, can be scripted in to be used here too.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
This thing of the settings not holding in the soapbox for thread /post display order is getting real old real quick....its a pita....:mad:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What happened with the sync among platforms discussion from a while back?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK someone explain to me how I can stay logged in?

Another thing I noticed outside of the quick reply popping up, is I have no browser/site spell checking going on. Whats up with that?

It's blocking it for some reason.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
OK someone explain to me how I can stay logged in?

Another thing I noticed outside of the quick reply popping up, is I have no browser/site spell checking going on. Whats up with that?

It's blocking it for some reason.

1. We are aware that some browsers are not keeping members logged in and we are working on a solution.

2. We are not aware of any reason why spell check shouldn't work - works in all the browsers we tested locally. What browser are you using?