Two questions about the new board ..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And another thing......

If you're looking at the board and you're seeing the old style of the board with different font, a huge white background, etc, and would like to see the board in a different light, just look down there at the bottom of the main discussion board page and change it to " --Vb 4 Default Style (B) ".

You'll see a Whole NEW board style that, IMO, is very easy to use. Plus, it also looks like all the newer style boards that Discussion Boards all over the Internet have been using for a while now.

Thanks Brisco...that option is MUCH better to me at least....and NO bottom bar...either!

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Let's see...

Don't like the changes.

EO Forum app on my phone will not work any longer. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it without any success.

Smilies look awful.

Like and share have disappeared.

This is an improvement how????

All I know is I couldn't get logged on from my Droid for several hours. Started to think it was something I said (no, really, MOI?!?). It is just something new, we'll adapt.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
And another thing......

If you're looking at the board and you're seeing the old style of the board with different font, a huge white background, etc, and would like to see the board in a different light, just look down there at the bottom of the main discussion board page and change it to " --Vb 4 Default Style (B) ".

You'll see a Whole NEW board style that, IMO, is very easy to use. Plus, it also looks like all the newer style boards that Discussion Boards all over the Internet have been using for a while now.

This is only temporary. It's there for testing purposes. ;)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I say leave the "optional" display there also...As long as those that want to use it will pay a registration fee and a monthly membership fee...It ain't rocket science as to why its faster....:rolleyes:

Dump it when the change over is finished....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I say leave the "optional" display there also...As long as those that want to use it will pay a registration fee and a monthly membership fee...It ain't rocket science as to why its faster....:rolleyes:

Dump it when the change over is finished....

I'd pay for this...for a reasonable fee....:)

Brisco

Expert Expediter
This is only temporary. It's there for testing purposes. ;)

Why Temporary???

This vBulletin 4 format is one of the most popular boards on the internet. And If I'm not mistaken, it's vBulletins top selling board of all time.

I like this program/format and hope you decide to keep it. It's brings EO into 2012 and not stuck in 2004 when it comes to the type of board we're all participating on.:p

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I say leave the "optional" display there also...As long as those that want to use it will pay a registration fee and a monthly membership fee...It ain't rocket science as to why its faster....

Why "Pay"??? I mean, costs for these boards are almost nothing compared to the revenue OTM is probably bringing in. One of these "Advertisers" here could pay for this board for a 4-5 year period on just 1 months payment to OTM easily.

I'm not a big fan of anyone opening up a discussion board, letting everybody and anybody on for free over a period of time, and then either charging said members to be on the board, or optional charges for said members to have access to other programs on the board. Been down that road before.....Hell, the slowly dieing "Auto" board was bought and paid for for a 3-4 year period by yours truly, and now I have NOTHING to do with that board due to an inept owner of the boards attitude and ignorance.