The Sprinter Wanna Be's

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Overall fuel average for my 2011 extended Sprinter is 19.6 mpg driving whatever the posted speed limit. Not all that great. If I run 63, it goes up to 20.9. Still no where near the 5 cylinders. I get about 11k miles per tank of Def. Holds about 5 gallons. So that knocks down the fuel milage difference for me vs a gasser. I can legally carry 2250#s. Have had 3k in the box with no problem. 4k would be a problem.

Just wandering Dennis what your legal load limit is.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Time for everyone to go have a beer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Oh Lord,
Alright, put me back in the heat I guess I am not done at the moment.

I said:
Funny

It has nothing to do with weight, OR, It has nothing to do with I think my van is better than your van thingee. The thingee is weight and better statement. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WEIGHT OR I THINK MY VAN IS BETTER THAN YOUR'S.......THINGEE> Steady Eddie decoder rings ships today. When can I exspect my Chef decoder ring? Please make sure it is ver 2.01 or higher as I already have a 2.0 ver.

Take me out now.....I'm done.

As u said, it sayes what it sayes..there is NO COMMA, there is No period to seperate or end it...you typed it as "my van is better then your van thingee...." That taken along with the Title of the read, and the fact that none of us are mind readers..it sayes what it sayes...you typed, it came from you...

Golf, it is a 12,300 gvw chassis recertified to 10,000 gvw , my "Cat Scale" ticket from the Pilot Scale on alexis road & I-280 in toledo has it at 6600 lbs and that is what "safety" has listed....so that would be 3300 lbs by the listing on the door...but i have no issue at all with the weights i have hauled since i still haven't come close to capacity of the chassis limit....LOL, i mean its not like truckers don't ever run over weight...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can see where Ron is headed with this weight "thingee" since we are into thingees...LOL

ya see all you EX straight truck drivers get TOO focused on weight because you had to....BUT...to be successful in CVing, the rules/lines are blurred at times....a little more weight/ a few more hours behind the wheel and so forth....we push the limits to edge and then maybe one foot over...If someone is going to stick to the rules they are going to have a tough time.....we chase down loads, we boogie when we have to....we beat loads from the bushes....we wine and dine dispatch and generally suck up...even if it means cheescake or pickles or donuts, yes, you heard that from me.....whatever it takes to get that next load...We don't play fair.....nice guys finish last in CVing...it is CVing at its best....

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I can see where Ron is headed with this weight "thingee" since we are into thingees...LOL

ya see all you EX straight truck drivers get TOO focused on weight because you had to....BUT...to be successful in CVing, the rules/lines are blurred at times....a little more weight/ a few more hours behind the wheel and so forth....we push the limits to edge and then maybe one foot over...If someone is going to stick to the rules they are going to have a tough time.....we chase down loads, we boogie when we have to....we beat loads from the bushes....we wine and dine dispatch and generally suck up...even if it means cheescake or pickles or donuts, yes, you heard that from me.....whatever it takes to get that next load...We don't play fair.....nice guys finish last in CVing...it is CVing at its best....

LOL I think you had better add that you are joking - otherwise there will be a thread on how L1 dispatchers can be bribed ROFL :p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
BTW...Chef knows how I roll...he was almost a victim of the OVM touch last month....LOL

LOL, been there done that....LOL, what OVM said about running a CV is why it take ex ST drivers a while to "adjust' to the life in a CV...*** the old saying goes..."rules, we don't need no stinking rules"....and before anyone goes there, in 5 yrs out here, i have run over weight more then i can remember...and i ain't ver had an issue with the DOT or LEO's and i have been stopped while running heavy, its never been an issue..will be? who knows, but until it happens, i aint worried about it...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey....well....no bribing really..but telling a dispatcher they are losing weight or looking good never hoits any...LOL

its all good..at least me and chef have no expectations other then the opportunities we ourselves create....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As u said, it sayes what it sayes..there is NO COMMA, there is No period to seperate or end it...you typed it as "my van is better then your van thingee...." That taken along with the Title of the read, and the fact that none of us are mind readers..it sayes what it sayes...you typed, it came from you...

Here- I said the aero Cell was a Ford, I never said the CargoMax was a Ford.

Post 24- Nothing to do with weight class, my van is better than your van thingee.

Note the comma at the end of weight class

Read this with one eye shut, since you have eluded to having a few.

It has nothing to do with if I think my van is better than your van, or, it has nothing to do with the weight class thingee.

Feel better now.........

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Here- I said the aero Cell was a Ford, I never said the CargoMax was a Ford.

Post 24- Nothing to do with weight class, my van is better than your van thingee.

Note the comma at the end of weight class

Read this with one eye shut, since you have eluded to having a few.

It has nothing to do with if I think my van is better than your van, or, it has nothing to do with the weight class thingee.

Feel better now.........

You might want to call an old teacher, for it to read as you'd like it to, the comma needed to be between the words Van and Thingee...

but the fact is from the title of the thread to the mentioning of the Cargo Max you set out to stir the crap and nothing more...LOL, if that wasn't the intent, you'd simply have offered up the mileage comparisons without mentioning a "specific vehicle" as you did...as i said, rocketman read it the same as i did, he just has enough sense to let it die on his part, me i am just an azzhole like that and will keep pushing it till i get bored....:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Eddie is a very wise expediter....:)

When you run for .70 and 17 cents per fuel - you have to be wise or else you'll be out of business! Eddie can stretch them fuel surcharges to the limits. lol. I just had to take a shot at you Eddie. You can be profitable anywhere as long as you have a solid business plan!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Again, the milesage in the diesel vs the gas isn't an issue, i pizz more more on gas away every month running 2-300 empty to go to dinner.., id i was worried about mileage to the extent that i would consider a sprinter, id just get out of the business...:D

Do i track my mileage? sure i do and i am making efforts to improve it, but it certainly isn't an overwelming deal for me, it if was, i wouldn't have bought what i did....LOL....

Then there is rate that i get when Itake those 3500- 4000 lb loads..:D

I am the same way. I have burned well over 3k in 2 years just deadheading 2000 miles home to Cali. I go wherever I want whenever I want. I deadhead out of laredo for 250 bucks a pop to get back into the freight lanes and it always pays off. I'd rather be rolling down the highway with the A/C on listening to rock music than sitting in a parking lot bullsheeting with other drivers! I get around 15 mpg in my van and I do 70-85 everywhere I go. I drive how fast want whenever I want and just chalk it up to business.

If I wanted to get anal about numbers I'd start calculating how much money I've soent on cigarettes for the past 20 years and imagine that money having gone into an IRA account with compounding interset. That would make me almost depressed to the point of tears. lol. I don't even give a crap about mileage and numbers. All I look at is I did 24k last year and netted 14k - put another 4k back into the van for maintenance and had 10k left over. That works for me! If you are going to nickel and dime every little expense out here then you are going to drive yourself mad.

I can honestly say that it is only running me around 300 to 350 dollars a month for the cost of buying my van for 5,500 dollars and for the cost of maintaining it! That is when you take all of the maintenance costs nd add it to the purchase price and divide by 36 months. But purchasing a new van when this van goes out is not a top priority for me right now. But if circumstances force me back into driving, I'll just use my corporate credit to buy a new van similar to what Chef has!