The Sprinter Wanna Be's

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the thing that takes the sprinters edge especially the new ones is cost to maintain and replace parts and downtime doing so. Take fuel mileage out of the picture the American vans are better especially when anyone and their mama can work on them and any parts store has parts. But gotta love the room in an extended sprinter lol

That is why folks decide what to buy. It is there choice. I have heard people say, (Non Sprinter Owners), the main reason they did not buy a Sprinter is due to the repairs. But, they wanted a Sprinter type van that was able to haul the tall freight and have room to stand up. Thier choice.

I do not regret buying my Sprinter, my choice. I do not look down or think mine is better, if you think that, then that is your thinking not mine.
The numbers are correct, I made a call, and it was a Ford AreoCell with a 4.10 rear end. Did not find out the engine size but it was a small V8. The only thing was, he was rocking the van to get as much in as he could, so he would'nt have to stop and get more fuel before his drop.

I saw his fuel purchase first hand, as he saw mine.

And Chef, you getting 1 full shower from pilot for gas purchase from the back? That's great! He couldn't do that at the Flying J, he could only fill up out front.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry Chris, that post was not directed to you in general.... Meant to reply to tread instead of reply with quote....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Eddie wrote:

I do not look down or think mine is better, if you think that, then that is your thinking not mine.

From Edddie's post #24

my van is better than your van thingee.

Kinda makes you go ..Hmmmm..i guess someone else is posting under Eddies name...

Eddie wrote:

I made a call, and it was a Ford AreoCell with a 4.10 rear end.

Wow..far cry from a Chevrolet Cargo Max...:rolleyes:
Eddie wrote:

And Chef, you getting 1 full shower from pilot for gas purchase from the back? That's great! He couldn't do that at the Flying J, he could only fill up out front.

Ahh then he doesn't contract with Load 1..or if he does, he doesn't know what he is doing...my bet he doesn't contract with Load 1....We GAS trucks and Diesel unts get a FULL shower credit at 15 gallons no matter if it is out ft or out back (i never get gas out back) and that happens at either Pilot of the "J" with our "OTR Fleet Fuel Card" that Load 1 gives us and we use wih no interest charge...Its: Load 1's deal with Pilot/Flying "J"....full shower credit after 15 gallons of gas or diesel either out ft or out back...Just another "perk" John has worked out for us..:D

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eddie wrote:

From Edddie's post #24

Kinda makes you go ..Hmmmm..i guess someone else is posting under Eddies name...

Eddie wrote:

Eddie wrote:

Ahh then he doesn't contract with Load 1..or if he does, he doesn't know what he is doing...my bet he doesn't contract with Load 1....We GAS trucks and Diesel unts get a FULL shower credit at 15 gallons no matter if it is out ft or out back (i never get gas out back) and that happens at either Pilot of the "J" with our "OTR Fleet Fuel Card" that Load 1 gives us and we use wih no interest charge...Its: Load 1's deal with Pilot/Flying "J"....full shower credit after 15 gallons of gas or diesel either out ft or out back...Just another "perk" John has worked out for us..:D

Dang man! Do you read only what you want to? From post #24

I said-Nothing to do with weight class, my van is better than your van thingee.

Now, if I can decode your post, you should be able to decode mine. Or at least post the whole quote?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
That is the plan.......ya know Edster...these guys talk repairs? Like how often do we need repairs?...
t

These guys?? Point out one place in this thread other then where i quoted another Sprinter owner, where i have said anything about repairs or the cost of them...I didnt see that stated by Rocketman either...I did see Guido and Chris bring it uo...hmmm one drives a Sprinter....:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dang man! Do you read only what you want to? From post #24

I said-Nothing to do with weight class, my van is better than your van thingee.

Now, if I can decode your post, you should be able to decode mine. Or at least post the whole quote?

Theres no need to decode it, it sayes what it sayes, quote.. "my van is better then your van thingee"

As Rocketman and i pointed out, from the title to your post naming (incorrectly) the Cargo Max to the above..all you were looking to do was stir crap and bust on what other people run if it isn't a sprinter...and thats all good..I do it also, but i confine it to the "soapbox" for the most part...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's another miss quote you said I said thingee

The unit was a 2012 Aero Cell Ford, or a Cargo Max can't remember, with a 12 foot box.

You only see CargoMax... And reread post 24 I did not say my van is better than your van. For some unknown reason, that is what you see. Slow down read my post #1 and post #24

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Its no misquote..it sayes CARGO MAX..ill give you that you added i don't remember, but that addition of the CARGO MAX in the statement was nothing more then a shot at them and those that own them. and on top of that, since you can quote me when i spoke of my business failures from memory, id think you could also recall that i have stated more then a dozen times that the CARGO MAX is only available on a CHEVROLET chassis...So you took a deliberate shot at the CARGO MAX and us that own them to prove your point.

As for post 24, there is no need to re read it, the mileage thing had been covered from the 1st post, there was no question as to your van getting better mileage, that was acknowleged from the start...I brought up the weight issue and you tried to shoot that down with the simple point that "your van was better...its not hard to figure out....LOL....:D

LOL, Rocketman seen the same point i did...and as i said, thats ok...its just funny that from the title to your post in this thread, you feel the need to knock others to prove your point...instead fo letting the mileage #'s stand on their own merit...you set the tone right from the start with the title of the thread....."D

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Full Disclaimer:

Two Sprinter drivers sitting in a truck stop. A Sprinter type van pulls up. Both Sprinter drivers will look at each other, and at the same time say "Sprinter Wanna Be" Sorry, that's the way we roll.

A Cargo Max or AeroCell all look the same to us Sprinter guys.

And Chef: I said- From post 24-"It has nothing to do with weight, (and I guess I should have completed it with), OR instead of a comma, my van is better than your van thingee" I hope you don't think I was calling your CargoMax a "Thingee" it is one sentence, you quoted after the comma.

Put a fork in me, I'm done....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL, ahhh yes you were calling the CARGO MAX a "thingee".... :D actually you said "YOUR VAN THINGEE"...and since my "van" is a CARGO MAX....your reference to it was to call it a "thingee"...LOL..

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I talked to a guy in an '06 Sprinter the other day. He has 550k on it and only uses 15W40 Dino oil (knowing full well that it's not recommended). Says he's never used any oil and the engine has never been apart. Who knows...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There are several dino oils on The List, including Shell Rotella T Multigrade 15W-40.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL, ahhh yes you were calling the CARGO MAX a "thingee".... :D actually you said "YOUR VAN THINGEE"...and since my "van" is a CARGO MAX....your reference to it was to call it a "thingee"...LOL..

Oh Lord,
Alright, put me back in the heat I guess I am not done at the moment.

I said:
Funny

It has nothing to do with weight, OR, It has nothing to do with I think my van is better than your van thingee. The thingee is weight and better statement. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WEIGHT OR I THINK MY VAN IS BETTER THAN YOUR'S.......THINGEE> Steady Eddie decoder rings ships today. When can I exspect my Chef decoder ring? Please make sure it is ver 2.01 or higher as I already have a 2.0 ver.

Take me out now.....I'm done.

moose

Veteran Expediter
One of those days...one of you guys... will build a GliderKit out of a Sprinter.
simply order a brand new 06' motor (or a re-man), & a brand new 2013 sprinter-without the motor. get rid of all the emission control save a few thousand on the buy price and dead weight, save money on fuel & repairs, and be happy.