The NEW Ultrone TA program is finally here!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
just got the first 19 gal on u-1. had to go to the diesel fuel desk to have it manully enterred.

had a shower at the nicest place ever in a truck stop. discount diesel in laredo. huge shower room and 7 x 5 shower. granite walls and floor. nice 7.50. towels extra.

I was sooo glad to hear that they have those showers open again. And did you see that laundry is $1 wash, $1 dry?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Last week I got fuel on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, a total of 60 gallons. No shower on the card. I called in, they said it was a batch operation and that it might take 24 hours. Saturday, no shower on the card. Called in and said a supervisor would have to look into it and that it would be on the card Monday morning. It wasn't. I called in Monday morning and they manually added a shower credit to the card, and on Wednesday when the person in charge of all this gets back they'll check into it. It's a new program and there's clearly a glitch in the system.

Got an update:

Glitch in the system is now supposed to be fixed.

On Wednesday when whoever it was that checks on these things checked on it, there was indeed a glitch in the system. It took them looking at my fuel purchases history and seeing that no showers were getting loaded on the card. I asked if it was my card specifically, or if it was a glitch in the system because it's a new program. The answer was the latter.

It will be a batch operation that will be done over night, so it will take 24 hours for the shower to show up on your card. Those buying more than 50 gallons in one whack, of course, will see the shower credit immediately on their card. But for van and Sprinterfolk, don't buy that 50th gallon expecting to get the shower for it a few minutes later. It won't show up on the card until the next day.

I also asked if the 10-day expiration date was 10 days from the date of the 50th gallon bought, or 10 days from the date the shower credit gets added to the card. It's 10 days from the date the shower credit gets added to the card. ;)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I signed up for the U-One Expediter card on-line and printed out my temporary card. I called customer service and had the points on my Road King and Passport transferred to the new card. I used it Tuesday at North Baltimore for 57 gallons. The points went on the card, but the shower didn't. I called and the shower was added, but the lady was puzzled as to why it would do points and not the shower. Hopefully they've found the problem.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
today we fueled at the t-a in laredo. monday i got points added no prob. today, and i will cut to the chase, the mgr suggested going to the fuel desk to open the gas pump and return to the fuel desk to pay and have points added until i get the card. okay i do need the exercise.:D

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Went online and signed up for the Ultraone Expediter card today will try the new program and see what happens

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We signed up at the kiosk at the TA here in Houston today. We shall see what happens. I like the idea.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
used my TA card at the Petro El Paso TX,worked fine,but the showers there are nothing to brag about.;MOst of the TA's I've been to have made many improvements to their showers.I also fuels at the Petro,no fuel price savings like the TA.I'm averaging $2.65/gal at the TA's,and with my chrome card elite,my showers practically never drop off,of course I buy about 500 gallons of fuel a week there.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
used my TA card at the Petro El Paso TX,worked fine,but the showers there are nothing to brag about.;MOst of the TA's I've been to have made many improvements to their showers.I also fuels at the Petro,no fuel price savings like the TA.I'm averaging $2.65/gal at the TA's,and with my chrome card elite,my showers practically never drop off,of course I buy about 500 gallons of fuel a week there.

Night, are you using the UltraOne EXPEDITER card?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
what a pain. most of the fuel clerks know nothing about this plan. they think it is only for diesel. they don't want to do it.

be sure to tell them, if you don't have the card yet but have the number, to do a 2nd chance entry.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
we are getting very tired of this program already. it seems very few if any of the store clerks know the u1 expediter program is for gas trucks. we have had better luck getting shower credits by calling the customer service line.

last week we stopped at 5 t-a locations along 1-20 el paso to atlanta. ONE clerk knew what to do and did it cheerfully. everyone else wants to fight.

yesterday we went to the t-a on 94 exit 4 just out of minne. the woman not only refused to listen to us but also told gracie that she was sick of her job in front of her suprv!!. nine million folks not working and this woman is the face of t-a?

been told that some of the cards have not shown up yet either since expo. t-a better get this straight soon or we will go elsewhere. i suggest they actually travel the country in vans buying fuel and experience the rudeness of their staff.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
we are getting very tired of this program already. it seems very few if any of the store clerks know the u1 expediter program is for gas trucks. we have had better luck getting shower credits by calling the customer service line.
It's a new program, and some glitches should be expected, especially since it's very different from the previous program with regard to vanners getting showers.

i suggest they actually travel the country in vans buying fuel and experience the rudeness of their staff.
Not really necessary, since I know for a fact that they read these threads. :)

While these threads are being read and taken to heart, phone calls are a big fat hairy deal at TA, and if you have a problem at a TA and relay that with a (polite and informative) phone call, the people at the highest levels are made aware of it.

Reactions: 1 person

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If I had the money, I would somehow open up a cars and vans only fuel stop, no rigs period. 10 gallons gets ur a free shower, and a drink.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If I had the money, I would somehow open up a cars and vans only fuel stop, no rigs period. 10 gallons gets ur a free shower, and a drink.

Er... sky ... I think it is called a gas station and they have those already. :p

Don't know about the shower thing, the drink should include something like 44 ounce coffees. By the way I can't take my truck to the BP station around the corner because I can't fit it near the pumps, the same goes for Marathon station that sells Diesel.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It's a new program, and some glitches should be expected, especially since it's very different from the previous program with regard to vanners getting showers.

Not really necessary, since I know for a fact that they read these threads. :)

While these threads are being read and taken to heart, phone calls are a big fat hairy deal at TA, and if you have a problem at a TA and relay that with a (polite and informative) phone call, the people at the highest levels are made aware of it.

.......Turtle you are 100% correct. :)