The NEW Ultrone TA program is finally here!

guido4475

Not a Member
Maybe they could put on island on the truck side that could have the smaller nozzles for diesel and one gas pump for you gas guzzlers. I wonder if there is enough business for that? You know, not only expediters but other commercial accounts.

Most T/A's, not all, have a smaller nozzle for pickups and whatever at them.On the big truck side .Usually the first island.But my vehicle has a opening large enough to accomodate the large nozzle as well.Besides, My van is diesel, not a gas guzzler.This should be mentioned to the T/A as a suggestion,anyhow, about the nozzle problem.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Im not sure yet,,the nozzle thing has me going in circles, no nozzle here or there, I just wanna buy gas and not have to walk 500 miles in a circle, amen?:D I can see this thing getting out of hand when buying gas. I will be ok 2 morrow, dont mind me im old, and mental:rolleyes:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
So you'd rather wait in a long line while gramma and grampa buy their souveiners and roll-aids while you are in a hurry to get back on the road, right?The separate buildings for cars and trucks are the best way to do it. I never had a problem getting fuel in my ford van on the big truck side, which I do, because our fuel card works only in that side to begin with.And that is where I get my free showers, anyway.

When u rush, thats when accidents happen, I dont worry about Grandpa and Grandma anymore,,u see I am one, 6 grandkids, so rushing is nill now, anyway the cemetery awaits us all,,dont rush, u will live longer and can drink more beer,lol:D

fredb29617

Seasoned Expediter
I agree I went in to a pilot the other day and they would not enter points on the card I told them how am i susposed to get a shower with out swipeing the card . his response BUY ONE. I will go to TA where we are wanted.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd have the manager up there fast and if that was the manager I'd be on the phone to Pilot corporate standing right in front of them.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'd have the manager up there fast and if that was the manager I'd be on the phone to Pilot corporate standing right in front of them.

Very good Leo...I see a fellow proponet of the old adage..."It's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled".

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My squeaking is mainly old age related tired joints but I'm not averse to pushing for what's right. My mom was the knockout winner at it though. Anyone who got on her bad list usually rued the day they were born.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I don't have my ultra one card yet(am signed up)but found out this morning,my TA card works just fine at the Petro.I'm at the Petro out side of El Paso Tx.Called service department at Freightliner last night,told them had a turbocharger going out,still waiting on call back.Guess I'll get it fixed at home.It still works,just plunger is sticking and causes lots of smoke.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
It seems to me that T/A and Petro are trying very hard to get and keep our business. Not so with Pilot/Flying J. We quit using them about a month ago for anything except a parking lot and restroom.

guido4475

Not a Member

Preach it, Brother!! That is exactly what I would be doing, and what we all need to be doing. Customer service has fallen way too deep in the crapper amongst many places.They act like we are the ones doing them a favor.What gets my goat is the cashier who thinks it is more important to refill the foam cup display or the ice machine and they say, "hold on a minute".I dont expect a person to wait on me at the drop of a hat, but c'mon already.Remember the gas stations of the 40's? Now that was customer service.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
My squeaking is mainly old age related tired joints but I'm not averse to pushing for what's right. My mom was the knockout winner at it though. Anyone who got on her bad list usually rued the day they were born.

I'd have liked your Mom! I bet she made you sit down to the table at dinnertime...and made sure you did your homework...Sounds like she just might have had the good old fashioned values of what makes a family.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Preach it, Brother!! That is exactly what I would be doing, and what we all need to be doing. Customer service has fallen way too deep in the crapper amongst many places.They act like we are the ones doing them a favor.What gets my goat is the cashier who thinks it is more important to refill the foam cup display or the ice machine and they say, "hold on a minute".I dont expect a person to wait on me at the drop of a hat, but c'mon already.Remember the gas stations of the 40's? Now that was customer service.

That's right brother! Just pull in to my gas station and I'd have your windows washed in a jiffy....*LOL* There's nothing I love more than customer service..the customer IS King!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You don't have to go back to the '40's to find customer service at gas stations. I had to check oil, fill tanks, wash windows, fill tires, etc and that was in late '69 and early '70.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My mom was pretty impressive. She was administrator of a hospital and assistant director of personnel for the Shamrock Hotel in Houston that employed about 3000 and was the place in the 40's/50's with anyone who came to town. She did all that after having to leave school after 8th grade to help in the depression. She was very active politically also and even made a few trips to Washington during Reagan's administration to work with some committees and groups. Most everyone liked her, at least until they did something wrong and she unloaded on them.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
My mom was pretty impressive. She was administrator of a hospital and assistant director of personnel for the Shamrock Hotel in Houston that employed about 3000 and was the place in the 40's/50's with anyone who came to town. She did all that after having to leave school after 8th grade to help in the depression. She was very active politically also and even made a few trips to Washington during Reagan's administration to work with some committees and groups. Most everyone liked her, at least until they did something wrong and she unloaded on them.

Wow..she really sounds like one hell of a woman...and the thing is...she did all that when it was truly a man's world. Back in my hayday...I used to come out with my side guns loaded...gotta love it when grown men quaked in their boots...*LOL*

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
stopped at the t-a just north of madison wi on 39 this morning. cashier said the u-one card does not include gas. glad they are getting the word out.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We linked our Road King and Petro cards a couple of days ago in Illinois at the T/A kiosk. Today we bought fuel at a T/A and took a shower tonight at a Petro using our Road King card in the Petro kiosk.
It seems the system is working.:cool: