The NEW Ultrone TA program is finally here!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here is the response to my e-mail to Pilot/Flying J....

Thank you for taking time to email me with your concern. I am sorry but
during the changeover we are having some delays. I know as an expeditor
you were used to using your FF card and Pilot has never had an expeditor
card, however, I have been assured they are totally redoing the driver
payback and they will have a card for the expeditors. I have no idea
what that is going to be but hopefully since I have voiced my opinion
many times, it will be a good one. I guess we just wait and see but I am
doing my best to push it along.

Maybe she can get something done.....

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
my petro card shows no showers no points,but my ta card at petro shows points and showers.both cards were up dated to the new card.confusing

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
my petro card shows no showers no points,but my ta card at petro shows points and showers.both cards were up dated to the new card.confusing

I was told only the Road King card would work once you linked them and signed up for UltraOne. All of your points should have transferred to the Road King.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
When all this nonsense gets straighten out, i may go back to the conglomerated truck stops, but I'm finding the small places are more friendly, one here in Black River Falls, does not charge u a fee when u use the ATM and showers are only 5 bucks, and they faxed my paper work for a dollar, not 3 dollars as the big boys do. They were cheaper then staples, it pays to shop around. I stayed at the wal mart lot,,really quiet there, no loud boom boxes, and speeding idiots in the lot. Nice place and nice town. I dont buy much gas, maybe 12,000 dollars a year, but for now,,the mom and pops will get my business, its a thing now.:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Some info on the new UltraONE card...

Read the Official Rules PDF for the details, but some things to keep in mind. As always, you don't get fuel points for more than 2 fuel purchases in a 24 hour period. Also, the program is for diesel only, not gas.

On the regular UltraONE (non-expediter card) cumulative fuel purchases do not count towards a shower credit. They do count for the Expediter card (so some straight trucks may want to get the Expediter version just for the heck of it). For the regular card, it's all about the 50 gallons in one whack.

Also, over the last 3 days I've bought 23, 25 and 16 gallons of diesel, which is more than the 50 gallons, but the shower credit did not show up on the card or online immediately. I called into the Road King department and they took a look to see if it was a glitch or what. It's a computer batch operation where the credit will show up tomorrow once the computer calculates and registers the cumulative fuel purchases. That may change. Of course, purchasing 50 gallons in one transaction gets you the shower immediately. One thing I don't know is whether the 10 day expiration is 10 days after that 50th gallon is bought, or 10 days after the shower credit gets posted (if that's the case, then it's an effective 9 day expiration).

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well that sucks if it won't work on gasoline purchases. Sounds like there are going to be zero options for gasoline vans.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Leo, there are 2 different cards, the UltraOne and the UltraOne EXPEDITER ... The EXPEDITER card works for gas purchases...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry about that, I was very unclear. The points are for diesel only, and you don't get the points for gas.

But you DO get the showers for gas or diesel purchases.

guido4475

Not a Member

When I called yesterday to the T/A and changed my expedite king card to the new card, she also transferred the petro points onto the new one as well.She said the Petro card will no longer be used at the petro, but to use the T/A card at both.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Now that the flying hook, is part of Pilot. I was hoping they clean up the place.Like remove all that over priced junk from China,so you can walk.Have they ever sold one of those valet painted framed wolfs? Ha! Or rush hour 7am and the line is a mile long and there three clerks working,and only one waiting on customers.Now Denneys takes over the food,$10.00 bacon and eggs.Now there a service for us truckers rip you off at the pump,dirty restrooms,poor service,...well you can see what they think of us................I remain

bryanvolsfan

Seasoned Expediter
The website for Ultraone didnt say anything about GAS purchases. In the benefits section it says "1 Point" for diesal purchase. Does anyone know if it will work for GAS?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As was pointed out in above posts. the Ultra1 expediter card works for gas or diesel. According to Turtle gas gets showers only no points.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, if you go to the Web site and click over on the upper left on "Official Club Rules" there will be a link to a PDF file in the middle of the page that has all the details. Read through them and, you will see three main things. There are different sets of rules for Coach, Expediter and the Regular UltraOne cards.

The UltraONE Coach is for Bus Drivers and Tour Guides, and they earn points for shop and diesel purchases, as well as points depending on how long their passengers spend inside the TA. They don't earn showers.

The UltraONE regular program for big and straight trucks gives points for diesel and shop purchases, and you get a shower credit for each 50 gallon purchase. Cumulative diesel purchases do not count towards a shower. The 50 gallons must be in one whack.

The UltraONE Expediter program is for vans and Sprinters and anyone else with smaller fuel tanks. You earn points for shop and diesel purchases, but ZERO points for gasoline purchases. Showers are earned for a cumulative total of 50 gallons of gasoline or diesel within a 5 day period.

So the only difference for those with gasoline vehicles is they won't earn points when they buy gas, but they will earn showers.

At 25 gallons or less per fill-up, it takes a bazillion years to earn enough points to redeem them for anything good, anyway. (although, the points never expire as long as there is some kind of activity on the card every 6 months.) It's gonna be tough for a vanner to earn 5000 points in a year.

1600 points will get you a junior basketball or a backpack cooler, 4000 points gets you a hot air popcorn popper. 21,600 gets you an 8GB iPod Touch, and 271,900 points gets you a 52" widescreen HDTV.

Read through the special promotions they have going through the end of September. Buy $100 within a three week period at one of the fast food restaurants, and you get a $10 certificate. Same thing for spending $100 in the sit-down restaurants. No mix and match, tho. It's $100 for each type of restaurant.

And you also get a free dessert on your birthday. Yay.

Last week I got fuel on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, a total of 60 gallons. No shower on the card. I called in, they said it was a batch operation and that it might take 24 hours. Saturday, no shower on the card. Called in and said a supervisor would have to look into it and that it would be on the card Monday morning. It wasn't. I called in Monday morning and they manually added a shower credit to the card, and on Wednesday when the person in charge of all this gets back they'll check into it. It's a new program and there's clearly a glitch in the system.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Well that sucks if it won't work on gasoline purchases. Sounds like there are going to be zero options for gasoline vans.

There are options, i got the book with all the mom and pops and the big guys in it, has phone numbers and such, call ahead and ask them about showers,mom and pops are 5 bucks. :D get the 2010 truck stop location book

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
5 bucks is great. I'm gettin' them free at the Flying J and the TA, tho.

guido4475

Not a Member
That's right brother! Just pull in to my gas station and I'd have your windows washed in a jiffy....*LOL* There's nothing I love more than customer service..the customer IS King!

Well that's what I mean.In all actuality,If it wasnt for the customer, that business wouldnt be able to keep it's doors open in the first place.Businesses seem to forget that, along with a few others...No, I dont expect to be waited on hand and foot, but dont inconveinence me because youre doing youre job on my time.We live in a fast-paced society now, in most places.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
just got the first 19 gal on u-1. had to go to the diesel fuel desk to have it manully enterred.

had a shower at the nicest place ever in a truck stop. discount diesel in laredo. huge shower room and 7 x 5 shower. granite walls and floor. nice 7.50. towels extra.