The NEW Ultrone TA program is finally here!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I went to the site and filled out the form. Came back and said to call this number and my info would be taken over the phone. Called the number and was told to call customer service on the back of my card. I said I don't have a card thats why I was trying to get one. Oh, then you have to call TA to get one.....I ask if she knew something I didn't, this was the number I was given to call. I said thank you and hung up. Don't think she knew what the program is yet.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
expediter or OTR, who cares ... harmonize the mess, get it on one card and only one card so if one is an expediter one week and then driving a 'big rig' the next, there isn't 20 cards that he has to keep track of.

Gas, Diesel, alien fuel - it should not matter.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Considering how small a segment of trucking the expediting industry is, and Sprinters and cargo vans especially, I think it's awesome that TA has gone above and beyond on this. And I told them so.
And I just told Flying J that I have another option for showers, and how easy it will be to lose my business.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I will be telling them that besides my van I have 3 big trucks that will be going elsewhere now and encouraging others with both vans and trucks to take the trucks elsewhere as well.

guido4475

Not a Member

So let me get this straight.I do burn alot of fuel, especially for a van. And can actually put 25 gallons in at one time.So if I put 50 gallons in on one day, 2 separate fuel stops, this will earn me a free shower.Is this corrrect?And I also get a point for each gallon purchased as well, right?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Correct, Guido.

"Purchase a total of 50 gallons of diesel fuel or gasoline in 5 consecutive days and earn a free shower credit that lasts for 10 days."

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will be telling them that besides my van I have 3 big trucks that will be going elsewhere now and encouraging others with both vans and trucks to take the trucks elsewhere as well.

Before everyone goes off...the J will be gone you are talking to a non existent entity by years end so save your breathe....

Now Pilot did say they'd roll out a program...why don't we just wait and see what they come up with?

guido4475

Not a Member
So in five days, if I get 6 fill-ups of 25 gallons each, this will put 3 shower credits on my card, right? And I still get the fuel discount and points on top of that, right?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So in five days, if I get 6 fill-ups of 25 gallons each, this will put 3 shower credits on my card, right? And I still get the fuel discount and points on top of that, right?

Whats your problem MEATBALL.:confused:...English a 2nd language for ya? :eek: gee whiz....*LOL*

YES!!!!!!!:p

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'll say this...patronize the TA with your UltraOne Expediter card and the program will only get better.

guido4475

Not a Member
I told Guido many times...I'd beat on him like a dirty rug...*LOL*

See, Todd, I had to change things around a bit to not embarrass OVM. He ASKED me to ask these questions for him, so others would not realize it is him actually doing the asking.

There also is a reason for him living in Bison, S.D. also.It is because not really many other people live there, either, and it is less embarrasing for him to explain to fewer people why he moved to the U.S. from Cananda....To avoid being charged for having a certain type of relations with a Miss Piggy Muppet animal...lol....Slam !!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As one of the biggest detractors of the expedite king card I have to say this is a major improvement! Could it be better of course what couldn't? It does seem to be totally fair. I have to say I do not put as a lot of faith in pilot to come out with a program for us, you know the old phrase actions speak louder than words.

TA/Petro has taken a step that will win at least some of my business which is a 100% increase and if the J/Pilot does not some up with something fast they will be the ones on the losing end. That is if they even care.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I fueled a couple times at TA yesterday and used my card, just to show my appreciation. Here are a couple observations.

If you have a diesel van, you might still be out of luck at some of them. One I stopped at did not have any diesel pumps out front and none of the truck pumps had small nozzles. I thought about using a funnel, but didn't want to wait in line behind a couple semis so I just went to a Shell station that had diesel instead.

TA still has the separate cash registers for the front pumps and the truck pumps, and the "gasoline" registers won't take your rewards card or your comdata card. I didn't tell what kind of card I was paying with and just swiped my comdata and entered a pin to use it as a debit and that worked though. The cashier will have to take your rewards card over to the diesel registers to put your points on.

When the Expedite King program first rolled out, employees were clueless and didn't seem to know anything about it. Yesterday at both of the ones I stopped at the employees appeared to have been adequately trained about the program and were enthusiastic about it. That was a big plus.

All in all, I like the program, but I just wish TA could have one fuel desk and have all the registers able to handle everything, whether you fuel out front or at the truck pumps, and it would be nice if your rewards card could turn on a pump out front like the J frequent fueler card does. Fuel stops take a little longer at TA than at the J because of those couple issues, but it's still a vast improvement over the way it used to be.

guido4475

Not a Member
So you'd rather wait in a long line while gramma and grampa buy their souveiners and roll-aids while you are in a hurry to get back on the road, right?The separate buildings for cars and trucks are the best way to do it. I never had a problem getting fuel in my ford van on the big truck side, which I do, because our fuel card works only in that side to begin with.And that is where I get my free showers, anyway.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So you'd rather wait in a long line while gramma and grampa buy their souveiners and roll-aids while you are in a hurry to get back on the road, right?The separate buildings for cars and trucks are the best way to do it. I never had a problem getting fuel in my ford van on the big truck side, which I do, because our fuel card works only in that side to begin with.And that is where I get my free showers, anyway.

Maybe they could put on island on the truck side that could have the smaller nozzles for diesel and one gas pump for you gas guzzlers. I wonder if there is enough business for that? You know, not only expediters but other commercial accounts.