All State Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Whats your problem with Panther? I like Panther. Panther offer some loads with 1$ per mile. When did you run for ASE for a buck per mile? I think never! The insurance cost is half at Panther . No 200 per year ''admin fee'. ETc.etc. So please don't compare your small company to Panther ,Fedex , etc.
When I was leased on with Panther and did a fleet search on the Qualcomm, it told me that there was a cargo van on the moon 1st out. It was at that point I realized Panther had too many vans all over the place just to try and snatch up 1 or 2 loads a week. Panther might pay slightly more than ASE, but I beg you to show me one Panther driver that is getting 10k miles a month. The most I did was 5-6k miles a month with them, and that is because I know their system and where to reposition to get away from the other trucks, and get the good loads. Panther is very restrictive too; forcing you to stay on certain boards out in the middle of no where. I once waited on the New Baltimore Michigan board from Friday morning all the way till Monday morning just to be offered a fifty mile run.

I could have been at the Detroiter watching movies and chilling with other drivers. Instead I waited on a board first out for 3 days in a Meijer parking lot. This was before I had a laptop with internet access, it really burned me up. One time I was first out in Memphis for 4 days and kept on getting bumped out of my position by "mini-run first outs." I had to drive 600 miles in order to get a thousand mile run, but again experience guided me to the right spot to get loaded. Got loaded within minutes of rolling in there on a Sunday of all days.

But there is a lot of rules and bureaucatic red tape to navigate when you work for the Cat. Working for Bolt is stress free. I just park anywhere I want and they will deadhead me into an area to pick up a load if necessary. This works out great for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

guido4475

Not a Member
Whats your problem with Panther? I like Panther. Panther offer some loads with 1$ per mile. When did you run for ASE for a buck per mile? I think never! The insurance cost is half at Panther . No 200 per year ''admin fee'. ETc.etc. So please don't compare your small company to Panther ,Fedex , etc.

Now,Mike...yes I have had loads here for OVER a dollar a mile..At All-State..Several times..How can you say never? Are you a ghost that rides with me?? I hope not...lol.. How do you know???LOL...I mentioned Panther and Load-One, not Fed-ex.Please, keep them out of this,since I did not mention them.Every company is a good fit for a certain typeof driver. Hats off to you for feeling home at Panther.Some like them, some dont.Just like there are drivers for ASE and then there are some who dont care for them.Everyone cant please everybody.

Last,but not least, my original comment had a humourous tone to it, hence the LOL mentioned several times.It was supposed to be of humor,but I guess someone must of urinated in your wheaties this morning.Dont be so easily offended, you'll live longer..LOL.

guido4475

Not a Member
When I was leased on with Panther and did a fleet search on the Qualcomm, it told me that there was a cargo van on the moon 1st out. It was at that point I realized Panther had too many vans all over the place just to try and snatch up 1 or 2 loads a week. Panther might pay slightly more than ASE, but I beg you to show me one Panther driver that is getting 10k miles a month. The most I did was 5-6k miles a month with them, and that is because I know their system and where to reposition to get away from the other trucks, and get the good loads. Panther is very restrictive too; forcing you to stay on certain boards out in the middle of no where. I once waited on the New Baltimore Michigan board from Friday morning all the way till Monday morning just to be offered a fifty mile run.

I could have been at the Detroiter watching movies and chilling with other drivers. Instead I waited on a board first out for 3 days in a Meijer parking lot. This was before I had a laptop with internet access, it really burned me up. One time I was first out in Memphis for 4 days and kept on getting bumped out of my position by "mini-run first outs." I had to drive 600 miles in order to get a thousand mile run, but again experience guided me to the right spot to get loaded. Got loaded within minutes of rolling in there on a Sunday of all days.

But there are a lot of rules and bureaucatic red tape to navigate when you work for the Cat. Working for Bolt is stress free. I just park anywhere I want and they will deadhead me into an area to pick up a load if necessary. This works out great for me.

That is exactly what i mean.Nothing like doing a 250 mile run and being told to go to a certain area and wait, and you get there, and BOOOOM!!! 15 other cat vans in front of you...That'll do good for morale !!!!!

That is why I prefer it here at ASE..Freedom, and hardly the problem of being behind people, waiting for a load.And, at ASE, I guess you copuld say you are always #1 !! Sounds like a u-tube video, right?LOL...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That is exactly what i mean.Nothing like doing a 250 mile run and being told to go to a certain area and wait, and you get there, and BOOOOM!!! 15 other cat vans in front of you...That'll do good for morale !!!!!

That is why I prefer it here at ASE..Freedom, and hardly the problem of being behind people, waiting for a load.And, at ASE, I guess you copuld say you are always #1 !! Sounds like a u-tube video, right?LOL...
I learnt real good how to count when I was working for Panther. lol

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Lets tell the real reason, that was 15 vans with a 250 mile radius. Guido was you ever lease on with Panther and how long ago? The system they use now is only about a year and half old. They will be going to a even better system within the next six months from what I have been told.

guido4475

Not a Member
Lets tell the real reason, that was 15 vans with a 250 mile radius. Guido was you ever lease on with Panther and how long ago? The system they use now is only about a year and half old. They will be going to a even better system within the next six months from what I have been told.

Who said it was 15 vans within a 250 mile radius? Several times I have been at a truckstop and it looked like a Cat terminal.

I was leased on with the Cat back in 1995, when they were good, but were quickly on a downhill slide.So was my income there.I came back and was in orientation a couple of years ago, and walked out after 30 minutes of starting.I wont get into why.

But why is it that when I go to Laredo, for example,there are usually Cat vans stacked up on top of each other after a week of waiting for a load.Some getting an empty move to points north or north east from there.I feel for those guys.I hope the new system you are telling me works out for the better for them.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I don't see what the problem is here. I started at Bolt with just 1200 dollars in my pocket and part of that money was spent on fuel to get up to orientation in Ohio. You might need to take a coupke of advances for your first month or two, but then your deductions are paid off and you should have a decent amount of cash saved up in the bank. I also once startred at Panther with a mere 400 dollars in my pocket and grossed 15k in under 3 months.

You will make money out here, you just got to get yourself established first. Most companies charge for Qualcomm, Personal Injury Insurance, Bobtail Insurance. Also thar 200 dollar administrative fee is low compared to some companies like Panther who charge an administrative fee along with Decan and Qualcomm installation fee. They also charge for the drug test and DOT physical, they just take it out of your weekly settlement instead of making you pay for it up front. This is pretty much standard operatring procedure at most major "reputable" expedite carriers.
That is it Bliz.
Well now, we have been reading a saga of one persons odesy to find the "roasted goose". Wanted to get into business as an "Expediter". However, it seems when he left home he was carrying the ever prevailent entitlement, employee mentality. Warnings (at least a hunnert times on this site) about having, and be willing to use funds to support the new business venture were ignored.....evidently. In other words ya gotta get the revenue pipeline full, before anything will come out. How long it takes for the pipeline to fill depends largely on "luck" for a newb. There is very, very rarely instant gratification when one starts {any} business I might add. So....we are at orientation and stark reality smacks us in the kisser and we start looking for reinforcement of our figgur'in from a Nurse friend whom it seems has the same entitlement, employee mentality. And in fact got the negative reinforcement that was wanted, ie. NO "I wouldn't wait four weeks fo a payday".
However had he looked for a Nurse friend that had the fortitude to go out on their own, and say.....was a practicing home care provider, and was accustomed to providing a service, then.... billing for that service, then.....recieving revenue, the reinforcement i'm sure would have been different. I tink thats what I read, did anyone else read the same???The last thing I read was after all the trials of this odesy, all the individual ended up with was......a pizz poor example of a camping machine. So what is the moral of the story?

Regardless, it makes for some entertaining reading, and I can't wait for our "next generation" of entitlement, employee mentality to find this site. It should make for some real knee slapping humorous reading.

Last edited:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I had no idea how expediting was when I got into it working for a fleet owner, but I am a very fast learner and a self-starter. Anyone who wants to get into this business needs to be extremely motivated. This is not a lazy mans business, even though the actual work aspect of this job is not as physically demanding as being a construction worker. You have to have a very strong worth ethic, a will to survive, and a positive attitude. You can't come into this job thinking that success is owed to you; you have to prove yourself and then success will come to you.

I just find it strange that Bry went out and purchased a van only to quit before he even started. That's just stupid. Also, Bry is starting out at a bad time of the year, because this gig slows way down in January. You gotta come out on April 1st like I did and atr least work 2-3 months straight to get your bank account built up.

I hope the people who are thinking about getting into this business learn a valuable lesson for this thread. Also inexperienced people who get int this gig make for good reading, but i'm personally going to refrain from making humor out of anotherr drivers bad decisions. The last time I celibrated "when Nicholas Cage was reported to be bankrupt" I blew an engine. lol.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Bliz, when you have been readin for more than a decade it get pretty trying not to respond to the foolishness. So.... maybe i'll quit looking so often. But ya gotta admit, ya gotta smile at "stupid" sometimes.

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Bliz, when you have been readin for more than a decade it get pretty trying not to respond to the foolishness. So.... maybe i'll quit looking so often. But ya gotta admit, ya gotta smile at "stupid" sometimes.

well i look at it as a business, and what ASE had to offer was not good, Stupid, no, i did not buy a van to go and work for ASE, i did leave home to look at them, it was not so good, i have many other options on the table, however reading this tells me that, maybe some of you are making a good lliving at this, but some of you are a slave to this, come on, it makes much more sense to work as a company driver, ASE are a bunch of cowboys, im sitting at home with the girlfriend, in florida, im not sleeping in a van, if someone wants me to drive my vehicle to make a living, then they have to make it worth my time, and its worth way more than ASE had to offer, so i know its out there, but if it does not meet my standards then im not going to do it, as far as my van, its just a van, i could sell it, i may keep it and find another use for it, no big deal, im 47 im basically retired, so stupid, sleep well in your van, im in a bed, im at home, and i may go swimming in my pool in the morning, good night :)

Lets all take a moment to remember our Veterans.

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I love how people come on to find out they don't like the lifestyle, then basically bash the lifestyle cause someone else likes it. To each their own. Enjoy your pool.

Sheesh!

guido4475

Not a Member
From what I heard through a reliable source, and the information gathered, I honestly think his intentions were not to actually sign on at all.I mean, he is complaing about the lack of money he has to start with, wanting $ for lodging, travel to the orientation, but yet, he is bragging of his lifestyle at home, and retired....Go figure.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We don't need any more part timers or RVers in this trade...it ruins the gene pool...creates a glut of vans and keeps the recruiters in a job...because they have an alternate source of income they can take cheaper rates and carriers just love these kind of people...

Thank you for not signing up....much appreciated..

guido4475

Not a Member
We don't need any more part timers or RVers in this trade...it ruins the gene pool...creates a glut of vans and keeps the recruiters in a job...because they have an alternate source of income they can take cheaper rates and carriers just love these kind of people...

Thank you for not signing up....much appreciated..

Preach it brother!! Uh-huh !! That's right!! Can I get a AMEN in the house this morning ??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We NEED honest, dedicated professional minded people that NEED and WANT this way of life..the kind that want to improve their way of life...not for scab wages and merely for green fees and a tax dodge...but caring, responsible individuals who want to make this gig even a better way of making a living, not merely just getting by...
Part timers and RVers will not get any sympathy from me...

Sympathy in the dictionary comes somewhere between sh!t and syphilis...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.