All State Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
1200 miles a week,,i can relate to that, was el zero miles :)for me this week,,well there will be days like that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats why i went to ASE, who told me average miles with them would be 1500-2800 a week....

you had the big F's numbers and you had ASE's numbers..didn't you find that strange the difference? If you just called a couple more carriers you would have known ASE was full of crap....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've been averaging 1200-1400 miles a week even with 8 weeks off since I started in April. It can be done with the right company.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mama didn't raise no fool. That and the fact that San Diego is one of the busiest border crossings between the US and mexico, which also means every trip home gets me a nice long load back out.

sure if I got a load out of SD every time I came out I could do 12-1400 standing on my head...:p

but a newbee like Bryce won't see that...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
We need an expediter clubhouse in the midwest for all of us expediters who live in weird parts of the country. We just get 4-5 guys together and rent a house somewhere in the midwest and take turns using it. Kind of like a time share. Help cut down on the deadheads. I will be moving from Cali next year, i've already spent 1800 dollars to get home 4 times and to get to the bolt orientation in April. I can save money by getting a roommate in the midwest.

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
My neighbor across the street does car hauling, he does well, so he and i are talking about going into business together, i wish i had got the number for the guy i drove to the drug test at orientation, i would love to know how many miles he is getting.
i really do not understand how anyone can make a good living driving 12-1400 miles a week, at least not at 90 cents a mile

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
We need an expediter clubhouse in the midwest for all of us expediters who live in weird parts of the country. We just get 4-5 guys together and rent a house somewhere in the midwest and take turns using it. Kind of like a time share. Help cut down on the deadheads. I will be moving from Cali next year, i've already spent 1800 dollars to get home 4 times and to get to the bolt orientation in April. I can save money by getting a roommate in the midwest.

or if your single, a girlfriend with a house ;)

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Bry, you better make sure you've got what it takes to drive a big rig before you even think about going into business as a car hauler. I know grown men who were brought to tears at the thought of driving a big rig on the freeway. I know, I drove big trucks for 2 years. Also, most auto hauling companies require 2 years of over the road driving experience before they will allow you to haul cars. You better look into all of the insurance requirements and training costs that are associated with being a big truck driver. It's not as simple as just buying a cargo van.

Yup, I need to get me a girlfriend in the midwest. lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My neighbor across the street does car hauling, he does well, so he and i are talking about going into business together, i wish i had got the number for the guy i drove to the drug test at orientation, i would love to know how many miles he is getting.
i really do not understand how anyone can make a good living driving 12-1400 miles a week, at least not at 90 cents a mile

You can't..not a family guy with a mortgage and van payments and kids in school...maybe a single guy who lives at home with mother or lives in the van ...most of us have a second income source.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You can't..not a family guy with a mortgage and van payments and kids in school...maybe a single guy who lives at home with mother or lives in the van ...most of us have a second income source.
Don't hate on us single drivers who still leech off of our parents. You are right about the second income though. Once I get me about 5 cargo vans leased on with Load 1, and find me some motivated drivers to put in them, i'll be on easy street. It will be a hotel every weekend for me along with more frequent trips to the all you can eat steak and shrimp buffets at petro!! Yes, an extra 20-30k a year will put me in Donald Tump status out here. I might even put a generator on the truck in the future. lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't hate on us single drivers who still leech off of our parents. You are right about the second income though. Once I get me about 5 cargo vans leased on with Load 1, and find me some motivated drivers to put in them, i'll be on easy street. It will be a hotel every weekend for me along with more frequent trips to the all you can eat steak and shrimp buffets at petro!! Yes, an extra 20-30k a year will put me in Donald Tump status out here. I might even put a generator on the truck in the future. lol.

Now stop yankin my chain....*LOL*

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some of this is our own fault, we come here and promote this business as something easy to get into while making crap loads of money. NOT too many will tell the truth of what we make or not make. Even some promote it as making a million dollars being an expediter and they are looked upon as something special because they are so successful.

Just more proof two people can read the same things and find them to say totally different things.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Let me break it down for y'all here. I started with Bolt Express in April of this year. Since then I have had approximately 8 full weeks off and a couple extra days when I was sick. I have grossed 35k in that time. That is almost 7 months. If I quit working right now i'll have averaged 5k a nonth in gross revenue. Now out of that amount of money, I have been able to take home 15k after all expenses. That is after all food, fuel, deadheading home, insurance, weekly deductions, cell phone, and all other expenses that I have in my personal life.

That is darn near half of the gross earnings. I am talking about what I have put away in the bank as of now and have not touched. That is even after 3k in repairs to the van, including ball jounts, tires, lifetime alignment, tranny flushes, radiator flushes, air conditioning system repair, and some other stuff. That is not too shabby.

I don't have a van payment, so a portion of that money ius being saved so that I can buy a replacement van in a couple of years from now. But if you know what you are doing and have limited expenses, you can do well in this job. Now if I were to throw in 500 a month rent, and 300 a month for utilities somewhere that would be 5600 ndollars taken off of what I have saved. I'd still have managed to save 9k which is not bad at all. This job can work for you if you want it to.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I want to add that I spend about 15-20 bucks a day in food, drinks, coffee, etc out here. I have also had 10 hotel rooms this year. I am still saving decent coin and i'm not living like some pouper inside my van like a recluse. I get out of the van a couple days a month when I am doing 9 week stretches on the road. You can live good out here and still make a good income, but you gotta be dedicated to the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.