All State Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
OVM
You really don't want me to comment on that .... opps got to go, another $4 a mile run :p

See, thats my point, you can make good money, so why settle for less, it pays to shop around, when i get working i will be out for 4-6 weeks at a time, if im gonna do that without quitting i need to be confident in the company i would be working for, the thing is, you all know that!!! you are all working for a company that you chose for your own reasons over another, ASE may work for Guido, thats fine if he is happy, as for me im still looking, although, i think spending that much time in a van will be tough, so i may even buy a semi and do that, i have time, i will take the time to make the right decision for me, i really appreciate all the input from you all.

Lets all take a moment to remember our Veterans

Last edited:

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
From what I heard through a reliable source, and the information gathered, I honestly think his intentions were not to actually sign on at all.I mean, he is complaing about the lack of money he has to start with, wanting $ for lodging, travel to the orientation, but yet, he is bragging of his lifestyle at home, and retired....Go figure.
Guido, your ignorance is showing again, i have every right to pick who i work for, i am semi-retired, i do not have to work, i choose to work to enhance my retirement, and to keep busy, if i had no intention of signing on i would not have driven 1300 miles round trip to NC, i understand why you work for ASE now, your ignorant.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
he is complaing about the lack of money he has to start with,

I'm not sure where you read that, but I don't think it was in this thread. He plainly states that he can afford it. He just complained about the hold back.

Why are some making the assumption that he wouldn't work as hard as anyone else? Seems a stretch from what he's said here.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
See, thats my point, you can make good money, so why settle for less, it pays to shop around ...

Dude, no disrespect but I work my a** off for my customers, so that $4 a mile was actually more like $6 and it was a lot more work than most people would put up with here. The hassles I go through just to move the truck are unreal and I have met only a few who see the reward in doing some of the work I do.

There is no selection process for me, I started at the bottom, took risks and chances and it paid off by allowing me to do what I want, when I want to. Unlike a few around here who started at the top and look down at us while telling people "you can do it too", it wasn't easy and I, like others made a lot of mistakes.

Every company has its good and bad points but when you look at all of it, most are good for beginners like you.

I wouldn't worry about a three week window of payment, especially if you are "semi-retired" and for what its worth, a lot of us have done our time and settled with companies that work for us.

It seems that maybe you need to listen a bit more to find out "the secret" to a lot of this, because it isn't something we actually talk about.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Dude, no disrespect but I work my a** off for my customers, so that $4 a mile was actually more like $6 and it was a lot more work than most people would put up with here. The hassles I go through just to move the truck are unreal and I have met only a few who see the reward in doing some of the work I do.

It's amazing how many "don't wannas" keep someone from having real success.

People who don't wanna:

-Go to NYC
-Hand Load
-Debris removal
-blanket wrap
-gather up some parts and put it in a box yourself
-Go to the northeast
-Go to the northwest
-Go to the southwest
-Go to the southeast
-Go to Texas
-Deliver to a convention
-Drive all night
-Do really long runs
-Do really short runs
-Run loads back to back, even after 10 hrs off (Too tired.)
-Drive in the cold states
-Drive in the hot states
-Drive in the rain
-Drive in the snow
-Sit for more than a day and a half.

I've heard it all. It's amazing how picky people get and then complain at how hard ii is. Steering wheel holders are a dime a dozen. Just showing up with a van and saying, "Here I am! Show me the money!" is not going to cut it. What makes this recruit any different that the next 20? Not much. What works is finding your niche, even as an owner operator, where the carrier knows that he can count on you to produce certain results. That takes time, and doesn't necessarily come through the business relationship that carries the most immediate gratification and "sparkle."

Seems like there are a lot of hunter's of the "golden goose," but certainly not many being roasted.

Just my $.015 after taxes.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
No jeff, trust me, you have NOT......read it all. Like I mentioned, I cannot wait for the next generation.

BTW, believe I typed your list bout ten years ago, but, there has been NO change. An most prolly won't be gett'in better anytime soon. And.....it's the ALREADY roasted goose, soo's all they gotta do is chuck it in the pie hole.

Last edited:

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
no jeff, trust me, you have not......read it all. Like i mentioned, i cannot wait for the next generation.

Btw, believe i typed your list bout ten years ago, but, there has been no change. An most prolly won't be gett'in better anytime soon. And.....it's the already roasted goose, soo's all they gotta do is chuck it in the pie hole.

lol :D:D:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
well i look at it as a business, and what ASE had to offer was not good, Stupid, no, i did not buy a van to go and work for ASE, i did leave home to look at them, it was not so good, i have many other options on the table, however reading this tells me that, maybe some of you are making a good lliving at this, but some of you are a slave to this, come on, it makes much more sense to work as a company driver, ASE are a bunch of cowboys, im sitting at home with the girlfriend, in florida, im not sleeping in a van, if someone wants me to drive my vehicle to make a living, then they have to make it worth my time, and its worth way more than ASE had to offer, so i know its out there, but if it does not meet my standards then im not going to do it, as far as my van, its just a van, i could sell it, i may keep it and find another use for it, no big deal, im 47 im basically retired, so stupid, sleep well in your van, im in a bed, im at home, and i may go swimming in my pool in the morning, good night :)

Lets all take a moment to remember our Veterans.
Was this clown even at ASE's orientatoin? I think this is just a disgruntaled fleet owner driver who couldn't hack it in the business. This guy has got to be about the most ignorant poster that i've ever seen in this forum. If he has so much disdain for the expediter lifestyle, maybe Lawrence should delete his name so that he doesn't have to come in here and talk to us expediters no more. This is just getting ridiculous. So, you have a pool to swim in...Well so do I stupid. Having a pool doesn't make you anything special. lol. What a fool!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh, and by the way, a real doll doesn't count as a girlfriend. I just thought i'd let you know that before I crossed you off my list of people I associate with. Goodbye you waste of skin and bone.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Come on guys/gals don't be so harsh on Bryce.

Some of this is our own fault, we come here and promote this business as something easy to get into while making crap loads of money. NOT too many will tell the truth of what we make or not make. Even some promote it as making a million dollars being an expediter and they are looked upon as something special because they are so successful.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on guys/gals don't be so harsh on Bryce.

Some of this is our own fault, we come here and promote this business as something easy to get into while making crap loads of money. NOT too many will tell the truth of what we make or not make. Even some promote it as making a million dollars being an expediter and they are looked upon as something special because they are so successful.

Who does that? they should be tarred and feathered.....this is not an easy thing to do nor is there a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Who does that? they should be tarred and feathered.....this is not an easy thing to do nor is there a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

Driving thru Ohio two weeks ago I saw a double rainbow. No pot of gold just a good paying load. Guess its gotta be a double rainbow.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love how people come on to find out they don't like the lifestyle, then basically bash the lifestyle cause someone else likes it. To each their own. Enjoy your pool.

Sheesh!

I didn't read it as bashing, he's just saying he wants to be paid to live in a van. Is his idea of what "being paid" is more than the market will bear? Could be...

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
It's amazing how many "don't wannas" keep someone from having real success.

People who don't wanna:

-Go to NYC
-Hand Load
-Debris removal
-blanket wrap
-gather up some parts and put it in a box yourself
-Go to the northeast
-Go to the northwest
-Go to the southwest
-Go to the southeast
-Go to Texas
-Deliver to a convention
-Drive all night
-Do really long runs
-Do really short runs
-Run loads back to back, even after 10 hrs off (Too tired.)
-Drive in the cold states
-Drive in the hot states
-Drive in the rain
-Drive in the snow
-Sit for more than a day and a half.

I've heard it all. It's amazing how picky people get and then complain at how hard ii is. Steering wheel holders are a dime a dozen. Just showing up with a van and saying, "Here I am! Show me the money!" is not going to cut it. What makes this recruit any different that the next 20? Not much. What works is finding your niche, even as an owner operator, where the carrier knows that he can count on you to produce certain results. That takes time, and doesn't necessarily come through the business relationship that carries the most immediate gratification and "sparkle."

Seems like there are a lot of hunter's of the "golden goose," but certainly not many being roasted.

Just my $.015 after taxes.

You left go to Canada off the list

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
A pool in Florida? That sounds pretty good today. Tell ya what, I'll stop by tommorrow, you can drive my van for 4 to 6 weeks like you said, and I'll hang out at your house and float around your pool. You can try out the business. You'll love it! Really...

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
A pool in Florida? That sounds pretty good today. Tell ya what, I'll stop by tommorrow, you can drive my van for 4 to 6 weeks like you said, and I'll hang out at your house and float around your pool. You can try out the business. You'll love it! Really...
You would be very welcome, im sorry if i have upset anyone, one reason i love this country is freedom of speech, i have much respect for all on here, i am no better than anyone else, i may just be a little more outspoken, i may have my expectations set to high, if i dont like the way a company looks, i will walk away, if i cant afford to choose, ill give it a try, ASE may well be a great company to work for, but for me it did not feel right so i walked, i, like most of you have done many things in my life, i have standards, i make mistakes, at the end of the day we are solely responsible for our decisions, i am just looking for some guidance from the experienced people here, and i appreciate the posts made here, however a couple of people made some remarks i did not like, so i responded, that is in my nature, i do not apologize for it, in fact i love to engage people with strong opinions, we have a huge thread here, i think if anything this has brought out allot of character in the people on here, one thing i have learned is:
The people who are happy to work for less are letting us all down, thats a normal thing, as long as we are happy to let the big companies dictate the terms, it will never get better, but, most of us do not have the luxury to choose. I think the negative posts in this thread are made by those who are not happy in their work, "understandable" this is not an easy job to do, it takes you away from home, family, children, it has its risks, you the driver takes all the risks with breakdowns, all the expenses, the companies we work for have it relatively easy, that is why i choose carefully, ASE had nice friendly people at orientation, so what!! we can all be very friendly when we want something, the bottom line is "how much am i going to make" i will work hard for your company, but i want to get paid what i think im worth, anything less, i am not interested. we all have our own ideas as to what that may be. If your in Florida, layed over, need to do some washing, good meal, if i am here , stop by............

Last edited:

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Was this clown even at ASE's orientatoin? I think this is just a disgruntaled fleet owner driver who couldn't hack it in the business. This guy has got to be about the most ignorant poster that i've ever seen in this forum. If he has so much disdain for the expediter lifestyle, maybe Lawrence should delete his name so that he doesn't have to come in here and talk to us expediters no more. This is just getting ridiculous. So, you have a pool to swim in...Well so do I stupid. Having a pool doesn't make you anything special. lol. What a fool!

LOL, you missed the point, i have no disdain for the people in this business, maybe you are an ASE employee? someone earlier tried to make it look like i was destitute, and could not wait 3 weeks to get paid, i just wanted to make it clear, that was not the case, nobody in my opinion should have to wait 3 weeks to get paid, sorry if i touched a nerve with you, if i have any problem with anyone on here, it is those companies that treat their drivers in such a way that they are always working to catch up with the last weeks expenses, its an old strategy to try to keep people working for them. Its important to do a good job, and take pride in your work, but, its more important to have time and to provide for your family, no company is going to look out for your best interests, only you can do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.