All State Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL, you missed the point, i have no disdain for the people in this business, maybe you are an ASE employee? someone earlier tried to make it look like i was destitute, and could not wait 3 weeks to get paid, i just wanted to make it clear, that was not the case, nobody in my opinion should have to wait 3 weeks to get paid, sorry if i touched a nerve with you, if i have any problem with anyone on here, it is those companies that treat their drivers in such a way that they are always working to catch up with the last weeks expenses, its an old strategy to try to keep people working for them. Its important to do a good job, and take pride in your work, but, its more important to have time and to provide for your family, no company is going to look out for your best interests, only you can do that.

Very good Brycey...:D

you seem to have a thick skin and sense of humour...*L*

and that is also needed out here...Good Luck..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, very good?

Sorry dude, not so good. Read it again and again until you see the problem.

I will leave it at that because I don't want to p*ss anyone else off.

I see at least 2 contentious points but overall he has some :censoredsign:..and able to think for himself..

guido4475

Not a Member
I'm not sure where you read that, but I don't think it was in this thread. He plainly states that he can afford it. He just complained about the hold back.

Why are some making the assumption that he wouldn't work as hard as anyone else? Seems a stretch from what he's said here.

Maybe I should of been more clear here, for those Who dont see it the way I do, respectfully.

What I meant by the lack of money is, is that if money were not a problem, neither would a paycheck holdback of any kind.

And as far as not working as hard as anyone else,why would he have to? Retired? Most likely no bills to pay WAIT A MINUTE !!! why am I so worried about this anyway? This clown showed up to orientation without a vehicle, which tells me he is not serious about this, so why should I be serious about him and his posts? Look at all he has posted...LOL..And tell me who is ignorant..LOL

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
guido wrote:

This clown showed up to orientation without a vehicle, which tells me he is not serious about this

Hmmm where did you read that he was there with no van!? after going back and looking, i found this:
brycey wrote in post # 192:

Im looking forward to meeting them in the morning, drove 670 miles straight to get here, the van ran great, got a little over 15 mpg, at 65 mph, i was a little worried to see the van weighed 6400 with a full tank of gas, means i only have 2200 lbs of freight i can carry, stay safe, sure i will meet you somewhere
Rich

guido wrote in post #193:

You will have no problem with a 2200 # weight limit.I have a 1,950 and do just fine.

I know my memory has taken a leave at times as i get older, i guess yours as too....;)

Oh and as for being retired and no bills to pay!?!? Pleaseeeee....:rolleyes: Just running a van down the road creates bills to pay....one likes to think that we all do this to make money, some just on't NEED to make as much as others, but i don't think anyone goes into any kind of business just to "exchange" money.....

guido4475

Not a Member
guido wrote:

Hmmm where did you read that he was there with no van!? after going back and looking, i found this:
brycey wrote in post # 192:

guido wrote in post #193:

I know my memory has taken a leave at times as i get older, i guess yours as too....;)

Oh and as for being retired and no bills to pay!?!? Pleaseeeee....:rolleyes: Just running a van down the road creates bills to pay....one likes to think that we all do this to make money, some just on't NEED to make as much as others, but i don't think anyone goes into any kind of business just to "exchange" money.....

I didnt read it anywhere that he was there with no van, Chef.I was told a van was not present at orientation by a very honest and reliable source.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
roflmaoff, I gues its not funny, i cant breathe, this was great, PS, yes ridding the road does create expense, I think tractor supply and my ss check are starting to look better as I go.lol:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL...I have no reason to doubt what you say was told to you...but why would a guy SAY he drove 670 miles in a van that he aid he figured out that got a little over 15 mpg at 65 mph and that he was ready to go to work, all before this thread took a turn and he decided ASE wasn't for him!?!?

You real think he made this up and "planned" this in advance!?!?

guido4475

Not a Member
Chef, it is hard to say, but anything is possible.Kinda like waiting for a loaf of bread to rise before placing it in the oven,right? It could deflate at any given moment..

Just look at quick he is to call people names, slam the company,go off the wall,complain right off the bat about deductions, and if you were a company owner, would you want to hire this guy after so openly showing himself in such a way to the expediting public?If he is this bad on here, what is he like in person? Or on a shipper or consignee's dock if a situation arises where he needs to put that temper in check?And be professional?Being proactive instead of reactive?A driver is a direct reflection of the company he represents

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe I should of been more clear here, for those Who dont see it the way I do, respectfully.

What I meant by the lack of money is, is that if money were not a problem, neither would a paycheck holdback of any kind.

And as far as not working as hard as anyone else,why would he have to? Retired? Most likely no bills to pay WAIT A MINUTE !!! why am I so worried about this anyway? This clown showed up to orientation without a vehicle, which tells me he is not serious about this, so why should I be serious about him and his posts? Look at all he has posted...LOL..And tell me who is ignorant..LOL

I showed up to orientation without a vehicle? do you think i walked 650 miles? what was the white chevy express van i was driving then? how come i gave another person a ride to drug testing in it...

Guido, you showed up on this forum without a brain!!! LOL

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
OOOO BOY BONG,BONG,BONG, CLEAR THE BRIDGE, CLEAR THE BRIDGE,ALL HANDS MAN UR BATTLE STATIONS,,,DOWN BUBBLE, 200FT MR . CHRISTIAN, LEVEL OFF N SILENT RUNNING.:D Cant we all just get a long.???????????????????:D WE ARE NOW IN THE BONGO STRAITS.....................

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Chef, it is hard to say, but anything is possible.Kinda like waiting for a loaf of bread to rise before placing it in the oven,right? It could deflate at any given moment..

Just look at quick he is to call people names, slam the company,go off the wall,complain right off the bat about deductions, and if you were a company owner, would you want to hire this guy after so openly showing himself in such a way to the expediting public?If he is this bad on here, what is he like in person? Or on a shipper or consignee's dock if a situation arises where he needs to put that temper in check?And be professional?Being proactive instead of reactive?A driver is a direct reflection of the company he represents

Guido, why do you do this, you are a very easy target, if you want to make out you know me, and you know all the facts, you really need to do your homework 1st, however here are a few facts, i am outspoken, i do have strong views, i am the same in person as i am on here, i do have a short fuse, i do not suffer fools, i do have a sense of humor and find allot of this amusing "particularly you Guido", i drove 650 miles each-way to ASE for orientation for nothing, i have every right to be ****ed off, and i believe it is in the best interests of others on here to be informed, before someone else makes the same mistake, If anyone from ASE is reading this, then here are some ways you could repent.
Send out a letter/email orientation package to prospective drivers in advance of them coming to orientation, include in this:
1. Discount hotel info before they arrive to 1st days orientation.
2. Explain upfront the pay package and the 3 week wait for you to pay the driver
3. List deductions, escrow and other charges the driver will have deducted in full, including the drug test
4. Give the driver some idea of average mileage he or she could expect based on other drivers already working for you.
5. Explain to the driver what will be done to his/her van in the process of installing the qualcomm, signs.
im sure there are some things i have missed there....

if this had been done in advance of me coming to orientation, i would not have gone, and this thread for the most part would not exist.

Obviously i now know to ask these questions in advance, however, i would expect to see this in writing before heading off to orientation.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Brycey, those are all good questions to get the answers to before heading to any companies orientation...that being said, the last sentense :

Obviously i now know to ask these questions in advance, however, i would expect to see this in writing before heading off to orientation.

Chances are that highlighted part, ain't goin to happen...

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Brycey, those are all good questions to get the answers to before heading to any companies orientation...that being said, the last sentense :

Chances are that highlighted part, ain't goin to happen...

you may be right, although the first company i applied to, sent a complete package to me including all the above, however the big "F" quoted me 1200-1400 miles a week which is not enough for me.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guido, why do you do this, you are a very easy target, if you want to make out you know me, and you know all the facts, you really need to do your homework 1st, however here are a few facts, i am outspoken, i do have strong views, i am the same in person as i am on here, i do have a short fuse, i do not suffer fools, i do have a sense of humor and find allot of this amusing "particularly you Guido", i drove 650 miles each-way to ASE for orientation for nothing, i have every right to be ****ed off, and i believe it is in the best interests of others on here to be informed, before someone else makes the same mistake, If anyone from ASE is reading this, then here are some ways you could repent.
Send out a letter/email orientation package to prospective drivers in advance of them coming to orientation, include in this:
1. Discount hotel info before they arrive to 1st days orientation.
2. Explain upfront the pay package and the 3 week wait for you to pay the driver
3. List deductions, escrow and other charges the driver will have deducted in full, including the drug test
4. Give the driver some idea of average mileage he or she could expect based on other drivers already working for you.
5. Explain to the driver what will be done to his/her van in the process of installing the qualcomm, signs.
im sure there are some things i have missed there....

if this had been done in advance of me coming to orientation, i would not have gone, and this thread for the most part would not exist.

Your biggest mistake was assuming anything..IF you had done some researching on this site, all your questions that you should have asked up front on the phone are here...

Now you've been educated..the hard way..thru the wallet..

The learning curve always takes a turn thru the wallet...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you may be right, although the first company i applied to, sent a complete package to me including all the above, however the big "F" quoted me 1200-1400 miles a week which is not enough for me.

If 1200-1400 miles is your bottom line...you best try another profession...CV's are lucky to average that much...

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Guido, just for laughs, i looked up your name on google, the 1st answer was on urbandictionary.com

here are the 1st few lines, check it out yourself :)

guido

A sad pathetic excuse for a male; not necessarily of Italian descent, but most likely; usually native to the New York/New Jersey Tri-State area. WARDROBE: tight zipper shirts, tracksuits, designer jeans, fuzzy kangol hats, tiny hoop earrings, fake gold chains, and related Euro-trash garb and tacky cheese-wear. NATURAL HABITAT: Known to frequent Tri-State area malls looking for club gear to waste their week's pay on (most likely spotted shopping at "Bang Bang" in Staten Island). During the day when not at their food delivery, telemarketting, or construction job, can be located at their local gym tanning or lifting weights. Can be found nightly at mainstream danceclubs they read about online (SF, Webster Hall, Etc.). Most notable for cruising the Jersey shore in an old car (Honda, Mustang, etc.) which has been tinted, painted and sports $1,000-$3,000 rims in a feeble attempt to look like new. Guido cars usually have a boomin' system through which cheesy music like freestyle, commercial club/trance and hip-hop (anything KTU plays) is loudly blasted. GENETIC LINKS: Directly related to modern day urban-guidos, A.K.A. "wiggers," A.K.A. "wegros;" urban-guidos are white males who once exhibited the traits referenced above, but have now instead opted to keep it unreal, with wardrobes consisting of clothes from labels like FUBU and Rocawear which they bought on sale at Macy's. These individuals still listen to the same music and drive the same type of car as their predecessor; it is usually just their choice of attire and use of slang and poor speech skills that differentiate them from the classic guido. Most guidos are distrusting of non-whites despite the fact some of their attire and music can be traced to non-white origins. PASSTIMES/RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES: Guidos enjoy beating up a non-white or homosexual while assisted by a group of 5-10 guido friends backing them up; engaging in date rape; and displaying their lack of rhythm by dancing poorly in the middle of a club's dance floor while non-guidos look on in disbelief.

Status
Not open for further replies.