You are cordially invited

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
To submit recipes for the cookbook that EO is creating for cooking on the road. Just a few simple rules:
It can be made using the appliances commonly found in trucks, ie: crockpot, rice cooker, Foreman or Rocket grill, etc.
It is something you have actually made, not copied from another source.
It should be in common recipe format: title, list of ingredients in amounts needed, followed by the directions. (See Turtle's recipe for brownies in the Women's Forum, if unclear)
It won't be quite as thrilling as seeing your name in lights (maybe ;)), but you WILL see it in print, so share the stuff you like to make with the rest of us, ok?
Recipes can be submitted via private message to the following members:

Entrees and/or veggies: TeamCaffee, Pelicn
Grilling: Gotta Go, Ihamner
Desserts and/or misc: Cheri1122, Pjjjjj

We hope to have a finished cookbook ready by March, for the MidAmerica Truck Show, so let's get busy! :D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We also need to know if you want the recipe credited to your screen name or your real name! If you have any tips on how you deal with cooking or storage in the truck please send those ideas also. We are hoping this book will be an inspiration to new drivers and also give us all more ideas on how to make our lives more comfortable while on the road.

The cookbook has a sponsor so they will be given out free if you want a book sent to you there might be a small fee for that but that is all in the future and subject to change.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
This is one of the best ideas I have read on here.....and there have been lots of good ones....GREAT JOB.. Having them all in print in one place will be wonderful. Thank you to everyone and to the sponsor involved...

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
We also need to know if you want the recipe credited to your screen name or your real name!quote]

screen name or real name....monty, monty, the choices, the choices........gracie can use her real name which is a real show stopper and all sorts of people will make assumptions and never know.

i am married to Helle Berry. but when people see her name they think of . and we do not live here there is no street parking for the truck.

Last edited:

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
We also need to know if you want the recipe credited to your screen name or your real name!quote]

screen name or real name....monty, monty, the choices, the choices........gracie can use her real name which is a real show stopper and all sorts of people will make assumptions and never know.

i am married to Helle Berry. but when people see her name they think of . and we do not live here there is no street parking for the truck.

This is way off the thread but, my cat has been wanting me to ask you a question, Jack. He wants to know if people laugh when you tell them your last name. It's the same as his. His first name is Dingle. :p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Wow this is a great idea. While i eat homemade meals most days in the truck, they are meals i have cooked at home and vacuum sealed. I do have a mess of recipes that i can share, so give me some time to try fix them in the truck, so i can be honest when i submit them!!

So will this be an 'online cookbook"? Something downloadable? Or something in hard copy that we can buy , you can mail and we can keep?

Either way works for me!!

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter

This is way off topic too, but no wonder those houses
wash away being built so close to the water like that.. what are they thinking?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I am bumping this topic to the top. Come on everyone....We need recipes! It doesn't have to be fancy. I know that everyone has to have a favorite that they fix in the truck! ;)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know that everyone has to have a favorite that they fix in the truck! ;)

Will you accept recipes that can be fixed in a van? I have a great recipe for Wiener Water Soup. All that is required is some wieners, an old coffee can filled with water and a defroster set on high.

ftp000

Expert Expediter
Will you accept recipes that can be fixed in a van? I have a great recipe for Wiener Water Soup. All that is required is some wieners, an old coffee can filled with water and a defroster set on high.

Now you got me starvin for road food! I better get a load soon, the comforts of home are killing me.

grog111

Seasoned Expediter
Here ya go Moot;

Bean and Franks Soup Recipe

Servings: 6 servings

Ingredients

3 medium Carrots, sliced

11 1/2 oz V-8 or Tomato Juice
2 medium Onions, chopped

8 Hot Dogs, cut into 1"
1 Garlic Clove, minced

-pieces
2 T Butter/Margarine/Bacon Fat

1 t Worsterceshire Sauce
28 oz Baked Beans in Brown Sugar

American or Cheddar Cheese,
-Sauce

-shredded

Instructions

Cook carrots, onions and garlic in the butter in a 3 Qt sauce pan. Stirring
frequently until crisp and tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients except
for the cheese. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot.
Serve with cheese.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Grog said:

Stirring frequently until crisp and tender.

after stirring for a few minutes they became somewhat tender, but they went to crisp, after thirty minutes of stirring they never became tender AND crisp but they did become crisp AND blackened