Who's Missing ?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There's another driver - a Canadian named Dave, lives around Kitchner or Cambridge - used to drive a Sprinter for Fedex CC, now in a cube I believe ... can't recall his screen name ... used to be a fleet maintenance manager before he started expediting ...

I believe that would be Piper.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"your only as old as you feel" Physically & mentally can be worlds apart.;)
Sort of like the old Hank Thompson song " It takes all night long to do what I used to do all night long"

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"your only as old as you feel" Physically & mentally can be worlds apart.;)

And the two often conflict with each other. When they do the mental side often causes more damage to the physical side. It still wants to do what it did at 18 and the body can't.

TonyD

Active Expediter
Still alive...waiting until new year to find a carrier with insurance hiring..starting busy otherwise..

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Chef is quite accessible on his FB page....which keeps him busy enough....unlike me that dumped every EO member except Dakota off my FB page....Chef decided to go the FB route....you want him....go to FB....

He likes me he really really likes me!!!! I feel honored

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
So...........How many CASES of "Paper" are they stuffing on your truck everyday?? Have you had to Lug 32 cases up to the 17th Floor of a Downtown Business Complex yet???

Been there........done that.........with Velocity Express. Lasted 3 weeks..........Never Again. :mad: Ran Office Depot Deliveries.........as well as other little stuff........for 10 hours a day....300 Miles a day....at $100 a day or so overhead.......and ended up with a $312 "Settlement Check" at the end of the week.........

Again...............never again.....................

Sound familiar as I do deliver downtown Fort Wayne, the tallest build is 26 floors lol. I do quite a bit better and in addition to my Office Depot/Office Max I also deliver for Forward Air and a few other places. I average 30 to 6o miles a day and bring home over a grand a week, I am home every night sleeping in my own bed.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
It's not a vile habit. If managed properly.
I remember once, when I was a hard charger, of having the urge and thinking I'd be at the yard in 300 miles.

Then my kidney issues started.

Fast forward to today. I generate more than a gallon of waste some days. Most loads I cannot leave truck while loaded.
I use a bottle.It goes into a bathroom to get emptied. It gets replaced with a new one weekly.

It's an important tool. It just needs to be used properly.
It's empty and rinsed when going into a trash can.

Do not get in a habit of "holding it."
. I was in the ER Sunday for Kidney stones... Don't hold it!!!! While working at Brinks I got in the habit of not drinking anything the whole day so I wouldn't have to get out of the truck every couple hours. I am paying for that now!!!!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ragman posted somewhere that Moose is out of the country. Ariel Sharon's funeral perhaps? Ooops, moderator cleanup in post 138. Please move this to the Soapbox.