Who's Missing ?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Reading through an old thread I ran across something by Dbluzman.

Thinking he hasn't posted in quite awhile, I'm curious if he's still trucking and hoping all is well.

Can you think of any other posters that have disappeared ?
If you know why,it may interest some here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reading through an old thread I ran across something by Dbluzman.

Thinking he hasn't posted in quite awhile, I'm curious if he's still trucking and hoping all is well.

remember the 80-90% failure rate....many members come and go....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I would think most of those probably didn't get too involved here.
I thinking people who were old timers or somewhat regular posters.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you saying that the people that post here, that don't run furniture stores, are the cream of the crop ?
The best of the best ?

The remaining 10-20% you mean?.....Yes, pretty much....note the "pretty much"....that is argumentative but then again whether it'll rain tomorrow is argumentative in here.....lol

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The remaining 10-20% you mean?.....Yes, pretty much....note the "pretty much"....that is argumentative but then again whether it'll rain tomorrow is argumentative in here.....lol

Totally agree with OVM :) Regular postings(and lurking) by these 10-20 percenters, to me, indicated the desire to "make it" and be successful. It motivates to stay in focus.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Totally agree with OVM :) Regular postings(and lurking) by these 10-20 percenters, to me, indicated the desire to "make it" and be successful. It motivates to stay in focus.

Over the years I've noticed...the personality types it takes to make it in this biz....ya gotta be thick skinned and tenacious....If this site and the BS sometimes gets to you...there is a good chance you are not going to make it....you have to be flexible and able to accept new ideas.....Ya can't be "stuck"......LOL

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Over the years I've noticed...the personality types it takes to make it in this biz....ya gotta be thick skinned and tenacious....If this site and the BS sometimes gets to you...there is a good chance you are not going to make it....you have to be flexible and able to accept new ideas.....Ya can't be "stuck"......LOL

So your saying some of us are good for weeding out the weak?

sent from my Galaxy S3

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I've always wondered what happened to Dakota. He just disappeared. Cherri says he is still driving.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always wondered what happened to Dakota. He just disappeared. Cherri says he is still driving.

He is on my FB....the only member from here at that besides the bossman.....

He is driving armored car....his wife has only a few more yrs till full cop pension 20 yrs....he is trying to convince her to come RVing.....LOL

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Over 15,000 members, current average 24 hrs viewing counts is about 1200. Yep, I would raise the question too. Either way, job security for the cream of the crop.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Over 15,000 members, current average 24 hrs viewing counts is about 1200. Yep, I would raise the question too. Either way, job security for the cream of the crop.

a room full 10 recruits/newbees.... have them look around...because highly likely 9 of them won't be around in a year from now....that is comforting....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He is on my FB....the only member from here at that besides the bossman.....

He is driving armored car....his wife has only a few more yrs till full cop pension 20 yrs....he is trying to convince her to come RVing.....LOL
smi148.png

But why did he just disappear? Should have told us he was leaving. Kind of hurt my feelings

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I met many folks out there driving 8-10 years, never heard of EOL. He drives for an owner, so no maintenance hassle there. Now he's on social security and a pension and he's happy,,,No worries mate...He can afford a Sprinter, does not want the hassle of owner ship, says he sleeps well..........lol The reason some do not post but lurk around,,,I think they get gun shy,,some postings here are not always pleasant...imho.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I met many folks out there driving 8-10 years, never heard of EOL. He drives for an owner, so no maintenance hassle there. Now he's on social security and a pension and he's happy,,,No worries mate...He can afford a Sprinter, does not want the hassle of owner ship, says he sleeps well..........lol The reason some do not post but lurk around,,,I think they get gun shy,,some postings here are not always pleasant...imho.

pleasant? you want pleasant....go to Disney.com or something....LOL