TK

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So there are only 14 trucks in TX!.....LOL

Yes have to be very careful, a lot of those vans and sprinters are duplicates from shared carriers.

Which only serves to artificially inflate capacity which drives down rates thru the basics of supply and demand. So who makes more or saves? I have beat this horse again and again.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're one of them if you run at a reduced rate. If you don't like .70/mile, don't take the load. If you don't like Laredo, don't take the load. Start a grass roots movement, one van at a time.

Is there a peter Paul a mary song for that?

Yeah, two. Day Is Done and Puff The Magic Dragon.

Last edited:

turritrans

Expert Expediter
Which only serves to artificially inflate capacity which drives down rates thru the basics of supply and demand. So who makes more or saves? I have beat this horse again and again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

The horse isn't dead yet! Ill be more then happy to get my baseball bat and beat the ever living crap out of that sonuvagun!

Who makes out are the people controlling the bid boards and the 3PLs. Carriers are playing right along by artificially inflating capacity putting pressure on rates.

guido4475

Not a Member
What amazes me is why someone who seems to hate their job so much continues to do it. I have always been of the mindset when something is no longer satisfying its time for a change. No one is forcing you to do the job you do or work where you do. Your a free man do something about it instead of living such a miserable untrusting life.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

I love this job, and all that it has to offer. Especially the freedom. I have met alot of awesome people while doing this. Seen alot of cool things and places. Where my family members have to "save up" for a vacation to Vegas, I simply get a load going there, getting paid along the way. It is the things at home missed and the home life that I miss.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
More like 350+ virtual trucks.

You do what you gotta do. We all try and do what is best for our own little operations. At least you aren't whining about it.

True. There's certainly not that many expeditors. But it sure seems that way when you drive down that little service road at Walmart in town. LOL!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It is probably much easier not to over think it. If someone is new and is basing their entire decision on a carrier that is in a "five star" advertising column, they probably shouldn't be considering expediting in the first place.

It is misleading, though. As OVM noted, when the Five Star thing started, it was simply a way to thank those who advertised on, and thus supported, EO. It's got nothing to do with how good a carrier you are or anything else, it's strictly a case of "You advertise on EO, you're a Five Star Carrier in my book."

With the popularity of rating anything and everything on the Internet these days, the EO Five Star Rating is no longer relevant, and is misleading because people naturally think the carriers got those Five Stars be being rated as such by someone. And the natural assumption is that EO is the one who has given the ratings.

Of course, when you think about it, EO is not in the position to be able to hand out quality ratings to any carrier about anything other than how many ads they run and whether they pay their advertising bill on time. Something to keep in mind.

Those who get bent out of shape about a crappy carrier having a Five Star rating are bent out of shape because they are attaching a meaning to the Five Stars that doesn't not exist. It doesn't surprise me that people would do that, considering the prevalence of rating systems all over the Internet, and considering that expediting is practically defined by uninformed and misinformed (A.K.A., ignorant) drivers who encounter situations that are unexpected to them and the drivers characterize the results as being "wrong" simply because it didn't turn out the way their ignorance thought it should.

But with the imminent site redesign the Five Star rating will either go away or be reclassified as Five Star Advertisers or something else that clarifies it.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
lets play the smart game! yes or no answer, none of your bs! if a owner operator company like panther lost all its owner ops? would they not be nothing? my answer is yes

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
.70 mile is becoming standerd in cargo van and the Big companys panther and e1 started it to keep up with these yellow.cubes.
Congratulations! There is nothing in that "sentence" that is accurate or true. Not one word. That's a remarkable accomplishment.

now back In the glory days...
The Glory Days are over. They don't make buggy whips like they used to, or pagers or telephone answering machines. Try to find a manual typewriter these days, or a television sitcom where husband and wife sleep in separate twin beds.

These are the new glory days. Relish in them. Life is what you make it. Then it's over.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
This thread about T & K seems to have really left the tracks....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
lets play the smart game! yes or no answer, none of your bs! if a owner operator company like panther lost all its owner ops? would they not be nothing? my answer is yes

The answer is no, because they are already a non-asset based company as it is. If everyone leased to them suddenly left, Panther would simply broker their loads out to other trucks, same as they do now when they have loads that can't be covered with their own trucks.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

The horse isn't dead yet! Ill be more then happy to get my baseball bat and beat the ever living crap out of that sonuvagun!

Who makes out are the people controlling the bid boards and the 3PLs. Carriers are playing right along by artificially inflating capacity putting pressure on rates.

I thought Sylectus had the multi-carrier trucks showing up as duplicates? But when I look up trucks on that board there really aren't that many duplicates posted. Have the smaller companies figured out how to change the vin numbers on their trucks so they don't show up as duplicates? Just wondering!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I thought Sylectus had the multi-carrier trucks showing up as duplicates? But when I look up trucks on that board there really aren't that many duplicates posted. Have the smaller companies figured out how to change the vin numbers on their trucks so they don't show up as duplicates? Just wondering!

Yes. Exactly.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter

That horse is a bloody pile of unrecognizable flesh by now.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter

They do show up now. The other day I think I saw one vehicle listed with 6 carriers.

You can put anything you want in that VIN field anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't faking them.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They do show up now. The other day I think I saw one vehicle listed with 6 carriers.

You can put anything you want in that VIN field anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't faking them.

Yeah some do. But I know there are way more shared trucks than what are actually showing up as duplicates. If you change the vin numbers for every one of your trucks, they will not show up as a duplicates.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yeah some do. But I know there are way more shared trucks than what are actually showing up as duplicates. If you change the vin numbers for every one of your trucks, they will not show up as a duplicates.

That is exactly what we are seeing. Many of these carriers CONSTANTLY look for ways to cheat or game the system. Vin numbers are one way. The biggest scarier one is how they play with insurance. They have policies that are not for expediting and they have coverage amounts far below the contracts they sign. A few good players exist, but they are the few.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
We are also still getting a lot of calls from drivers with log-ins booking loads from their trucks too... A few carriers are small outfits that work out of the truck that provide good service, no issue there if the owner is also driving. I am concerned about the carriers that cheat hiring dispatchers and having 24 dispatch by allowing unqualified drivers book their own loads.

Same shananagins... A lot of freight takers that contribute nothing in return to the network aside from depressing the rates.

Last edited: