TK

rockytopman2

Seasoned Expediter
No longer. Tired of the promises and lies. T&K no longer has Carrier Authority but yet are allowed to advertise on this site as a 5 Star Carrier. Broker Authority only if they still have that, I haven't checked today. By the way, I have kept all of my EM's to and from Michelle to back up my statement.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
No longer. Tired of the promises and lies. T&K no longer has Carrier Authority but yet are allowed to advertise on this site as a 5 Star Carrier. Broker Authority only if they still have that, I haven't checked today. By the way, I have kept all of my EM's to and from Michelle to back up my statement.

So this is the company you were talking about in your other post?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

How do you know they don't have CA under another name?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It's certainly possible. But a broker confirmed with me last week their bond was exhausted. That's usually a bad sign all the way around.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
I dont dont understand how can be T&k a 5 star carrier on this site. No authority, no pay the drivers....If this carrier is a 5 star carrier, what kind of carrier get 1 or 2 stars?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The stars have never been a rating system simply a name to my knowledge.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I dont dont understand how can be T&k a 5 star carrier on this site. No authority, no pay the drivers....If this carrier is a 5 star carrier, what kind of carrier get 1 or 2 stars?

This issue has come up several times. I think it is time Lawrence explained and put it to rest already. IMHO, of course.:cool:

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The stars have never been a rating system simply a name to my knowledge.

you be correct..There is NO rating system....and YES it is misleading....it is an outdated thing that will disappear with the new and improved EO in the future....:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So if is no value in that 5 stars , whats the point? How this 5 star thing can help a newby ?

in the OLDEN days...anyone who advertised was on the list....it has nothing to do with performance...as I said it will disappear...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is probably much easier not to over think it. If someone is new and is basing their entire decision on a carrier that is in a "five star" advertising column, they probably shouldn't be considering expediting in the first place.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So now another carrier is potentially biting the dust? Imagine if T&K is going out of business and they have the Ford loads, the Chrysler loads, the GM loads, and all of the other resources that I couldn't get into as a smaller carrier, what is business like for the remaining smaller carriers right now? There must be a lot of people running for 70 cents per mile right now. I hope it gets better soon.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
It is probably much easier not to over think it. If someone is new and is basing their entire decision on a carrier that is in a "five star" advertising column, they probably shouldn't be considering expediting in the first place.

Great response. :eek:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Thinning the herd!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thats a good thing sometimes. A lot think they can make money with a truck, and the others think they can do it being broker or whatever. Right now need to get rid of the under funded, understaffed, under capitalized, under achievers and liars and get back to expediting. I still don't know how someone can have the nerve to ask someone to take a load for 70c a mile. That's the lowest I've heard in at least 10 yrs. Pitiful. :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member
Thats a good thing sometimes. A lot think they can make money with a truck, and the others think they can do it being broker or whatever. Right now need to get rid of the under funded, understaffed, under capitalized, under achievers and liars and get back to expediting. I still don't know how someone can have the nerve to ask someone to take a load for 70c a mile. That's the lowest I've heard in at least 10 yrs. Pitiful. :rolleyes:

I have heard of a lower rate than that, and the driver has accepted it with the reply..."Well, at least I'm moving"......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

2 years ago...carrier I'll leave out....guy beside me was offered .48 out of Laredo to get him back into the freight lanes?...he refused....next guy took it for a whooping .55....."at least I am moving"...

guido4475

Not a Member
At that rate, there is no way a person can properly maintain or insure his van..paid for or not..personal hygiene ? Showers? clothes? so much more.....therefore, lowering the standards of this once great industry...I love watching the low-rate carriers fall, one by one...

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
its nothing to do with thinning the herd out. you get rid of one you got another one to take his place. just like the war on drugs , arrest a drug dealer and there is always someone in line waiting. the only real cure is to get out.
.70 mile is becoming standerd in cargo van and the Big companys panther and e1 started it to keep up with these yellow.cubes. in laredo you either take a cut or sit for 3'4'5 days who knows! but I do know if you sit that long it equals out to do the cheap freight to get back to a better area.