TK

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Temporary basis, yes, but you know so man y carriers will tell ya something like, "You hauled it last time that cheap, why not this time?" And then that's how it begins....Cargo vans should be no less than $1.00 a loaded mile to make a fair profit....This is beating a dead horse....why am I wasting my time on this?....that's right, because I'm bored....But really, with gas in itself being close, if not over 4 bucks a gallon in the northern states, and we are going to accept cheaper rates? I think not....Maybe YOU can do it that cheap and make a profit, but not everyone.....is not in the same boat as you, you may seem to forget...

I am an "independent operator/contractor" not a union member...I will do what is best for MY business....I don't care what you or anyone else does to run your businesses.....I am not here to make everyone elses life better...only mine...basically I don't care if the everyone else is in the Titanic/ same boat....hope you all can swim....:)

BTW...once does not make a trend...it is what it is...every load on its own merit...dispatch can say whatever they want. Don't hand me that crap about setting an example...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
2-3 loads on the same truck/van at .50....I have no problem with that....makes things rough for the rest of us but that is business....some guy is getting 1.50 a mile...I am jealous and wish it were me.....

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
here is what I know for sure,but it want never happen to many weak minded sheep in the world today. you say these companys has a big investment and should return profit off us o/o and leave us scrape ,while not getting us enough loads. I say everyone leave that carrier on the same day, and see what happens to them,#!## see we are, that company ,each truck makes them, then we get treated like dirt!!#

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I am an "independent operator/contractor" not a union member...I will do what is best for MY business....I don't care what you or anyone else does to run your businesses.....I am not here to make everyone elses life better...only mine...basically I don't care if the everyone else is in the Titanic/ same boat....hope you all can swim....:)

BTW...once does not make a trend...it is what it is...every load on its own merit...dispatch can say whatever they want. Don't hand me that crap about setting an example...

So basically both posts are saying screw everyone it's all about me?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So basically both posts are saying screw everyone it's all about me?

Absolutely...Yes....as it should be....it ain't about US for sure...it is about ME...MY family, MY CPM.......your CPM is all your business...please don't ask me to live within YOUR budget....My CPM is at least 20% lower then yours...hence I can undercut you by that 20%...and still make the same amount on the load as you would and find acceptable...:)

I do agree and support you, that $1.00 a loaded mile is a good standard.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
here is what I know for sure,but it want never happen to many weak minded sheep in the world today. you say these companys has a big investment and should return profit off us o/o and leave us scrape ,while not getting us enough loads. I say everyone leave that carrier on the same day, and see what happens to them,#!## see we are, that company ,each truck makes them, then we get treated like dirt!!#

You should try being an O/O of a Taxi....or an adult paper carrier....same dirt.
Shoulda stayed in school so we could spread some dirt around....:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What amazes me is why someone who seems to hate their job so much continues to do it. I have always been of the mindset when something is no longer satisfying its time for a change. No one is forcing you to do the job you do or work where you do. Your a free man do something about it instead of living such a miserable untrusting life.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What amazes me is why someone who seems to hate their job so much continues to do it. I have always been of the mindset when something is no longer satisfying its time for a change. No one is forcing you to do the job you do or work where you do. Your a free man do something about it instead of living such a miserable untrusting life.

Amen....to that!! I love my job.....:)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
here is what I know for sure,but it want never happen to many weak minded sheep in the world today.
You're one of them if you run at a reduced rate. If you don't like .70/mile, don't take the load. If you don't like Laredo, don't take the load. Start a grass roots movement, one van at a time.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
With 350+ trucks in Laredo at any point, I WILL discount just to get the hell out of there. Same with McAllen, El Paso and Nogales, for the record. Ok, maybe not Nogales.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're one of them if you run at a reduced rate. If you don't like .70/mile, don't take the load. If you don't like Laredo, don't take the load. Start a grass roots movement, one van at a time.

Is there a peter Paul a mary song for that?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With 350+ trucks in Laredo at any point...
More like 350+ virtual trucks.

I WILL discount just to get the hell out of there. Same with McAllen, El Paso and Nogales, ...
You do what you gotta do. We all try and do what is best for our own little operations. At least you aren't whining about it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So you were once a smut peddler. A Canadien Larry Flynt.:D

Yes sir..that was me....:)....

story related....Said to District manager...I am losing money my car is a fuel hog...
.................................District manager....Get a different car or leave.