TK

guido4475

Not a Member
its nothing to do with thinning the herd out. you get rid of one you got another one to take his place. just like the war on drugs , arrest a drug dealer and there is always someone in line waiting. the only real cure is to get out.
.70 mile is becoming standerd in cargo van and the Big companys panther and e1 started it to keep up with these yellow.cubes. in laredo you either take a cut or sit for 3'4'5 days who knows! but I do know if you sit that long it equals out to do the cheap freight to get back to a better area.

No way. Wrong. You're adding to the problem with that kind of thinking....But, the companies must love you as well.....give it to Underdog!!! He'll run it that cheap! Why do you sell you're self out so cheap out here?

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
all new contracts at panther are .70 a mile plus fsc this week is .24 its not just me. but I have taken a load out of laredo for .60 mile plus fsc.so I didnt have to sit down there in 104 weather. got me back to a good freight area with no waiting in the heat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
gee whiz gus....it is .70 PLUS FSC...for E-1 and the Cat....which puts it in the .90 range...fair play zone for a CV...

BTW...Laredo is in the freight lanes!!!....It is/was a great place for loads....

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
there is only two companies I know of that are paying more than .70 a mile. you work for one of them and you have to have a sprinter to be there. and here is my ? on why do you have to have a sprinter most loads are one or two pallets any ways maybe 2 out of 10 loads are 3 pallets

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
all new contracts at panther are .70 a mile plus fsc this week is .24 its not just me. but I have taken a load out of laredo for .60 mile plus fsc.so I didnt have to sit down there in 104 weather. got me back to a good freight area with no waiting in the heat
That is still in the fair zone for a CV....84 cents....low but still acceptable on a temporary basis!

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
its nothing to do with thinning the herd out. you get rid of one you got another one to take his place. just like the war on drugs , arrest a drug dealer and there is always someone in line waiting. the only real cure is to get out.
.70 mile is becoming standerd in cargo van and the Big companys panther and e1 started it to keep up with these yellow.cubes. in laredo you either take a cut or sit for 3'4'5 days who knows! but I do know if you sit that long it equals out to do the cheap freight to get back to a better area.

The 70c a mile might also be the companys way of seperating the c/vans from Sprinter and Sprinter types. 70 for a c/van, 90c for a Sprinter type. Might be a way the companys are trying to get rid of c/vans and up grade to Sprinters. Just another angle, but yes it way to cheap. Others might sit 3-4-5 days but I'm gone somewhere after 2, whether it's to freight or home. :eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
there is only two companies I know of that are paying more than .70 a mile. you work for one of them and you have to have a sprinter to be there. and here is my ? on why do you have to have a sprinter most loads are one or two pallets any ways maybe 2 out of 10 loads are 3 pallets
For me it is simple....I did 6rs in a CV...I like to put my pants on standing up.....AND my Canadian carrier did a lot of aerospace....small engines and landing gear components...which would fit in a sprinter but not a CV

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The 70c a mile might also be the companys way of seperating the c/vans from Sprinter and Sprinter types. 70 for a c/van, 90c for a Sprinter type. Might be a way the companys are trying to get rid of c/vans and up grade to Sprinters. Just another angle, but yes it way to cheap. Others might sit 3-4-5 days but I'm gone somewhere after 2, whether it's to freight or home. :eek:

Offer me .80 WITH fuel..I am outta there with that load....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Then they are running at .94 cents according to you. No wonder you are beetching if they pay you .94 and you think you are only getting .70. Good grief. :rolleyes:
Also......you are absolutely clueless as to what really goes on in Laredo. The problem isn't Panther or E-1.
The problem is nameless carriers that take YOUR van load and come out with two or three others on the same vehicle at .50 cents a pop.

Last edited:

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
now back In the glory days it was a norm 1.00 a mile plus fsc with which would vary. and I do say vary cause ford would give 9=13 cents for fsc. where some others would be at 19=45 cents fsc. and this was when gas was 1.89 a gallon oooo the glory days are gone!!

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
no the pay per mile is .70 fsc is differnt the way I look at it!!! what happen to the high pay per mile from the companys that started this out. just like everything else some rich greedy folks bought em out point and case made its about the companys botyom line who cares about the o/o anymore

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Then they are running at .94 cents according to you. No wonder you are beetching if they pay you .94 and you think you are only getting .70. Good grief. :rolleyes:
Also......you are absolutely clueless as to what really goes on in Laredo. The problem isn't Panther or E-1.
The problem is nameless carriers that take YOUR van load and come out with two or three others on the same vehicle at .50 cents a pop.

You right, but how they do expediting? How they arrive in time with 3 loads?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You right, but how they do expediting? How they arrive in time with 3 loads?

Pretty simple. They bid on loads that go to say Detroit. Only need a hour or so between drops to unload them. Very easy.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
no the pay per mile is .70 fsc is differnt the way I look at it!!! what happen to the high pay per mile from the companys that started this out. just like everything else some rich greedy folks bought em out point and case made its about the companys botyom line who cares about the o/o anymore

They got over-saturated with van drivers that requires minimal skill. The more competition, the lower the cost/pay.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
im not clueless thatz why I will take reduced rate to get out! but on the other I know panther and they predispatch there pets on the way down with loads so that takes away from the ones thats been there. I know cause I came down last summer predispatch on load going to nc and they 12 vans in line but I already had one so think about how many are getting done like that

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
im not clueless thatz why I will take reduced rate to get out! but on the other I know panther and they predispatch there pets on the way down with loads so that takes away from the ones thats been there. I know cause I came down last summer predispatch on load going to nc and they 12 vans in line but I already had one so think about how many are getting done like that

I don't know? Maybe they think you run cheaper than the others as you indicated?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Shame on those rich greedy owners for investing their money and taking risks.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Shame on those rich greedy owners for investing their money and taking risks.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

And before too long we are to believe that a burger flipper should get $30.00 per hour?
It is all what the market is willing or unwilling to pay.
No need to complicate the simple.

guido4475

Not a Member
That is still in the fair zone for a CV....84 cents....low but still acceptable on a temporary basis!

Temporary basis, yes, but you know so man y carriers will tell ya something like, "You hauled it last time that cheap, why not this time?" And then that's how it begins....Cargo vans should be no less than $1.00 a loaded mile to make a fair profit....This is beating a dead horse....why am I wasting my time on this?....that's right, because I'm bored....But really, with gas in itself being close, if not over 4 bucks a gallon in the northern states, and we are going to accept cheaper rates? I think not....Maybe YOU can do it that cheap and make a profit, but not everyone.....is not in the same boat as you, you may seem to forget...

guido4475

Not a Member

And quite possibly overloaded as all get out also...