The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Scooter Libby...?

Ok, the floor is open for the faithful to explain that one ....

Clearly, Libby was a very pressing matter ...

As one of the unfaithful, allow me to take a shot:

He's attempting to influence the willingness of those who may have criminal liability to testify against him - by signaling that there are get out of jail free cards available.

Imo .. Trump often does act & think like a mob boss.
Ya think ?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Scooter Libby...?

Clearly, Libby was a very pressing matter ...

As one of the unfaithful, allow me to take a shot:

He's attempting to influence the willingness of those who may have criminal liability to testify against him - by signaling that there are get out of jail free cards available.

Ya think ?

e8d33c5fd39097ab3a87bedc5b637ad4.jpg

Reactions: Grizzly and RLENT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's the New York mentality, and the years of experience dealing with construction and mob bosses.

Scooter Libby...?

It's a shot over Mueller's bow. And a shot at Comey. Libbey was, by all accounts (well, except the now-anti-Trumpers, who will remember Libby as being pure evil who got off easy <snort>) was screwed over by an overzealous special prosecutor looking for bodies to indict. It's like they say, you can tell the truth and still be indicted for perjury, which is what happened to Libby. If someone else tells a conflicting story, and the prosecutor decides to believe the other guy, you can still be charged with perjury even if you told the truth. The special prosecutor was Patrick Fitzgerald, who was appointed to the job by James Comey.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
... The special prosecutor was Patrick Fitzgerald, who was appointed to the job by James Comey.
Wow ... really ?

Sure seems like Deputy AG's do a lot of that Special Counsel appointin' ...

Is there some special (hidden) significance there that we should know about ?

Fitzgerald's statement on Cheeto's false claim re: Libby pardon:

IMG_1795.JPG

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Got it! I thought you believed Rachel Maddox's scathing report was the smoking gun that was finally going layout Trump once and for all.
On what basis did you make that determination ?

Certainly not from anything I wrote in the post in question.

You refer to Trump as Cheeto. You assign a lot of pet names to politicians and media types. Some I can figure out but you lost me with the Cheeto reference.
His orange shade - except for right around his eyes where the tanning goggles cover them to protect from UV radiation- has long been noted and remarked on by many.

Thus the resemblance to a Cheeto (a so-called snack "food") - something that is Orange and cooked, literally, to a crisp ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow ... really ?
Really. I wouldn't make something like that up. It was big news at the time. In fact, when Comey appointed Fitzgerald, there were rumblings of some type of conflict of interest since Fitzgerald was (and still is, I would assume), godfather to one of Comey's kids. So, there's independent, and then there's independent.

Sure seems like Deputy AG's do a lot of that Special Counsel appointin' .
Every time an AG recuses their own self it seems like the Deputy AG can't wait to make a splash.

Is there some special (hidden) significance there that we should know about ?
No. It was all out there in the open when it happened, and the fact that Comey appointed Fitzgerald, who went bonkers in the same way that special prosecutors are wont to do, and Trump gave a full pardon to Fitzgerald's only golden nugget, it's a clear enough shot at Comey, who managed to get Mueller appointed, and a shot at Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald's statement on Cheeto's false claim re: Libby pardon:
Fitzgerald says it's a false claim, therefore ergo it must be a false claim? The man who has been characterized as having perpetrated "...one of the most disgraceful abuses of prosecutorial power in this country's history... The Plame case proves [Fitzgerald] can bend the truth with the proficiency of the slickest of pols," is supposed to be believed at face value? Even Judith Miller, who's testimony was what convicted Libby, said that Fitzgerald steered her testimony to where he wanted it to go.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I said above that I thought the Comey book would have little effect. That's if Trump is content to let it pass without drawing attention to it. If Trump and his aids continue to lash out against the book, the Comey book story will persist far longer than it otherwise would. If Trump declared the book to be uninteresting, uninformative and unworthy of further comment, Trump himself and the entire country would be better for it.

Reactions: TDave

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I said above that I thought the Comey book would have little effect. That's if Trump is content to let it pass without drawing attention to it. If Trump and his aids continue to lash out against the book, the Comey book story will persist far longer than it otherwise would. If Trump declared the book to be uninteresting, uninformative and unworthy of further comment, Trump himself and the entire country would be better for it.

Ahhh ... soooo ... how ya think that will go ?

Will RageTweet McMuffin be able to withhold himself or not ?

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Ahhh ... soooo ... how ya think that will go ?

Will RageTweet McMuffin be able to withhold himself or not ?

The rage tweeting has already been done. The press will do everything they can to provoke additional responses, stir the pot and draw viewer attention for as long as possible. It could be quickly neutralized if Mr. Trump and his team developed a dignified response and cite it when Comey book questions are asked: "asked and answered, no further comment."

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On what basis did you make that determination ?

Certainly not from anything I wrote in the post in question.
No, not from anything written in the post in question. That post contained the link to Ms. Maddox's one act play and your cryptic lead. Cryptic to me anyway. I don't read many of your postings here but made the assumption from the ones I did read that you were a virulent Trump (Cheeto) hater.

I also read and listen to the #derp and idiocy that's being promulgated by the wingnuts on the political right.

Makes following the whole thing much more entertaining.

The preceding post cleared up some of my confusion. I see that you are an equal opportunity, non-partisan derpologist. I agree, it does make the whole thing much more entertaining.

You refer to Trump as Cheeto. You assign a lot of pet names to politicians and media types. Some I can figure out but you lost me with the Cheeto reference.
His orange shade - except for right around his eyes where the tanning goggles cover them to protect from UV radiation- has long been noted and remarked on by many.

Thus the resemblance to a Cheeto (a so-called snack "food") - something that is Orange and cooked, literally, to a crisp ...

Ah, the color of his skin. What do you call Obama?