The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think Betsy DeVos would be a great AG! She's very versatile. She is precisely as qualified to run the DOJ as she is to run the Department of Education.

Reactions: davekc

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Assuming that the primary qualification for both is eating paste ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Wonder if there will be any tapes from the Cohen raid that have incriminating evidence on them in the form of Cohen and Cheeto’s own voices ?

Apparently Cohen was inclined to record conversations (including with Cheeto) and Cheeto liked hearing them being played back.

You’d think after Watergate ...

What to make of Stormy’s lawyer’s statement tonight that they just learned that Cohen filed an emergency motion to quash her lawsuit ... which was asking to depose Cohen under oath ... because he plans to plead the 5th ?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Based on what little I've heard about the Comey book, I don't see it having much effect. Nothing significant was newly revealed. Few minds will change after the book is widely read and discussed. The discussion of the book, pro and con, will fill a few hours of cable TV talk and that will be about it. The cheap-shots he included in the book diminish the book and its author.

Reactions: Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It is reported that Trump plans to pardon Scooter Libby. Many think this is to send a signal to key witnesses in the investigations. Whatever Trump's reasons may be, there is an aspect of pardons that is worth keeping in mind.

If Cohen, Flynn, Manafort and/or others are pardoned, they admit guilt by accepting the pardon. A pardon does not change a guilty person into an innocent person. A pardon allows a guilty person to go unpunished. Guilty people who are pardoned lose the right to plead the 5th. Since they cannot be prosecuted for their crimes, investigators can compel such people to testify. If they refuse to do so, they can be punished as the court then determines.

Pardoning the people who are being investigated by the Justice Department and other entities will not end the investigations. Indeed, since a pardon removes fear of prosecution from the parties and renders their 5th amendment rights moot, a pardon may make it easier than ever for investigators to obtain the information and testimony they want.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The cheap shots by Comey in his book. The cheap shots by Brennan on twitter.
Makes you wonder how they channeled that animosity towards Trump when they were in Government.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"As he extended his hand, I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so." - Saint James Comey

muttly

Veteran Expediter
It is reported that Trump plans to pardon Scooter Libby. Many think this is to send a signal to key witnesses in the investigations. Whatever Trump's reasons may be, there is an aspect of pardons that is worth keeping in mind.

If Cohen, Flynn, Manafort and/or others are pardoned, they admit guilt by accepting the pardon. A pardon does not change a guilty person into an innocent person. A pardon allows a guilty person to go unpunished. Guilty people who are pardoned lose the right to plead the 5th. Since they cannot be prosecuted for their crimes, investigators can compel such people to testify. If they refuse to do so, they can be punished as the court then determines.

Pardoning the people who are being investigated by the Justice Department and other entities will not end the investigations. Indeed, since a pardon removes fear of prosecution from the parties and renders their 5th amendment rights moot, a pardon may make it easier than ever for investigators to obtain the information and testimony they want.
Flynn may have his case thrown out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Flynn may have his case thrown out.
Don't say things like that! You go all upsettin' people. EO has a very limited budget for blankies, binkies and coloring books.

The way to say something like that is, "In exchange for having his case dismissed, Flynn will testify against Trump, and Trump will be impeached, and found guilty by the Senate, and then will be tried in federal court, and then thrown in federal prison for the rest of his life."

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
"As he extended his hand, I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so." - Saint James Comey
This sounds like it could be an excerpt from one of those " parody pages" of James Comey. But not sure. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This sounds like it could be an excerpt from one of those " parody pages" of James Comey. But not sure. :D
Sadly, at the time of the meeting, the uber-professional Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation had on his mind, "Who's dick is bigger? Mine or the President's?...Well lookie there. Mine!"

As Phil noted, few minds will be changed after the book comes out. I disagree on cable news only getting a few hours out of it. CNN will get at least 2 weeks, about the same amount of time they got out of Michael Wolff's book. That is, unless the Inspector General's report comes out before those 2 weeks are up, a report which will almost certainly eviscerate Comey and McCabe.

In any event, #Resistance fighters will find the brave leader they were looking for in Comey, Democrats will get all hot and bothered about the grave concerns Comey raises about Trump’s downplaying the <cue ominous music> RUSSIAN THREAT, and everyone else can laugh out loud at a man who defended torture typing the words "golden shower" for his book.

Reactions: muttly and billg27

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you read or listen to the links you post here? ....
Yes ...

I also read and listen to the #derp and idiocy that's being promulgated by the wingnuts on the political right.

Makes following the whole thing much more entertaining.

Got it! I thought you believed Rachel Maddox's scathing report was the smoking gun that was finally going layout Trump once and for all.

You refer to Trump as Cheeto. You assign a lot of pet names to politicians and media types. Some I can figure out but you lost me with the Cheeto reference.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Based on what little I've heard about the Comey book, I don't see it having much effect. Nothing significant was newly revealed. Few minds will change after the book is widely read and discussed. The discussion of the book, pro and con, will fill a few hours of cable TV talk and that will be about it. The cheap-shots he included in the book diminish the book and its author.
If that premise is true, then Cheeto has diminished himself to the point of nothingness ... simply on the basis of his Twitter feed alone ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Comey: It's possible the P story is true.

Anonymous sources: It's possible Comey has similar likes in certain clothing as J Edgar.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scooter Libby...?

Ok, the floor is open for the faithful to explain that one ....

Imo .. Trump often does act & think like a mob boss.

Reactions: RLENT