The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Cheeto's own handpicked US Attorney (nominee) - Geoffrey Berman - for the Southern District of New York (essentially Manhattan) backs and signs off on multiple warrants to raid Cheeto's personal attorney's offices, home, and hotel room ... seizing business records, attorney-client files, banking info, computers, and his personal electronic devices.

Wonder if The Cheeto is having any buyer's remorse ?

That Preet Bhara fellow he YOU'RE FIRED ! might be looking pretty good right about now ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Actually, turns out that Berman didn't personally sign off on this ... not because he recused himself ... but because he WAS RECUSED - which I understand from "RELIABLE SOURCES" - is a "REALLY BIG DEAL" ...

US attorney recused from Michael Cohen investigation

Nothing in that article about who made the decision of recusal. All it says is the recusal was approved by senior Justice Department officials.

It could be the Executive Office for United States Attorneys (EOUSA - the direct conduit of supervision, administrative support, and oversight between the US Attorneys and the Justice Department) recommended the recusal to Berman, and the senior Justice Department officials approved the recommendation. Or, the senior Justice Department officials informed the EOUSA that Berman was to be recused, and they then informed Berman of his recusal. Or, most likely, Berman himself, who campaigned for Trump and donated money to the Trump campaign, recommended his recusal to the EOUSA and the senior Justice Department officials approved it. A US Attorney cannot just up and recuse themselves unilaterally from a case without permission.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Nothing in that article about who made the decision of recusal. All it says is the recusal was approved by senior Justice Department officials.
Correct ... here try this one instead, the wording seems a little more definitive as far as WHO was doin' the recusin' ... :

Top N.Y. prosecutor Geoffrey Berman, a Trump appointee, recused from Michael Cohen inquiry

"... Berman, named in January as an interim replacement to fill the post formerly held by Preet Bharara, whom Trump dismissed last year, was recused by Justice Department officials under Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, said the source, who was not authorized to comment publicly. ..."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Correct ... here try this one instead, the wording seems a little more definitive as far as WHO was doin' the recusin' ... :

Top N.Y. prosecutor Geoffrey Berman, a Trump appointee, recused from Michael Cohen inquiry

"... Berman, named in January as an interim replacement to fill the post formerly held by Preet Bharara, whom Trump dismissed last year, was recused by Justice Department officials under Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, said the source, who was not authorized to comment publicly. ..."

No surprise there. Deep state holdovers in DOJ rigging the process once again.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And the excuse was he worked with Rudy Guliani, who campaigned for Trump.
Ridiculous

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And here I thought Rod Rosenstein was appointed/nominated by The Cheeto ... and confirmed by the Senate ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nominated and appointed to be deputy, not AG. He's not deep state. Some of his underlings are. Rather he is a dupe. Easily rolled by dirty agent McCabe to appoint a SC without even naming a crime being investigated. Which is required. Writes cover memo a week after the Manafort raid. #Notreadyforprimestein.

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ridiculous
We've heard no official excuse for the recusal. No comments from the Justice Department at all. But having worked for Guliani is certainly reason enough for his refusal. And having actively campaigned for Trump himself, including donating money to the campaign makes recusal a no brainer.

But whether Berman recused himself or the EOUSA recommended it, it doesn't really matter, since he was never a part of that case in the first place. If he had been on it and then had to be removed, that's a bigger deal, because it would indicate corruption by him setting aside his bar ethics.

Reactions: xmudman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ridiculous
We've heard no official excuse for the refusal. No comments from the Justice Department at all. But having worked for Guliani is certainly reason enough for his refusal. And having actively campaigned for Trump himself, including donating money to the campaign makes recusal a no brainer.

But whether Berman recused himself or the EOUSA recommended it, it doesn't really matter, since he was never a part of that case in the first place. If he had been on it and then had to be removed, that's a bigger deal, because it would indicate corruption by him setting aside his bar ethics.
Imo, just working with Giuliani isn't enough that he should be recused or recuse, but I didn't know he actively campaigned for Trump. Apparently donated $5400 dollars as well. So ok that would be enough.
But there are a few on Mueller's team that have donated to Hillary. And with the investigation examining the Dossier which has her campaign fingerprints on paying for it, there hasn't been any recusals on his team. So it appears they are taking a blind eye to that.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
... But there are a few on Mueller's team that have donated to Hillary. And with the investigation examining the Dossier which has her campaign fingerprints on paying for it, there hasn't been any recusals on his team. So it appears they are taking a blind eye to that.
Add this to the list of things you (we) don't know:

Any investigation on the dossier itself - and how it came to be - may have already been done and completed (by the FBI) ... before Mueller was even appointed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
... But there are a few on Mueller's team that have donated to Hillary. And with the investigation examining the Dossier which has her campaign fingerprints on paying for it, there hasn't been any recusals on his team. So it appears they are taking a blind eye to that.
Add this to the list of things you (we) don't know:

Any investigation on the dossier itself - and how it came to be - may have already been done and completed (by the FBI) ... before Mueller was even appointed.
Possible, I guess, but not according to Comey's testimony.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Someone wants to go see Uncle Bobby and have a little heart-to-heart talk ...

Exclusive: Handwritten notes appear to back Comey claims on Trump

Do you read or listen to the links you post here? I listened to this one and even took hand written notes of the conversation I had with my self after listening to Rachel's hard hitting explanation of the damning evidence against President Trump. The following is a photo copy of what I believe to be hand written notes taken by me during the conversation I had with myself after Rachel's show. The handwriting is a little sketchy but I believe it to be Moot's handwriting. Originally it was classified as Top Secret but I down graded it for publishing on E.O. Also it went all digital when I posted it here.

Moot's notes:

So our big news tonight
What we believe to be photo copies of hand written notes
Top Secret...oops
Hand writing a little sketchy, we believe it to be Dana Boente's hand writing
Closely tracking
I could be wrong
Apparently told
We believe
As best we can tell

We reached out to the:
DOJ No comment
FBI No comment
James Comey No Comment
Dana Boente No Comment

But we're working on it!

In conclusion and based on evidence presented by Ms Maddox, President Trump should be removed from office immediately. By force if necessary.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Observations:

1. The shoe is on the other foot. In the past, Attorney Michael Cohen had the luxury of being Trump's loyal pit bull because he and Trump had the power to make their opponents' lives miserable. Now, Trump is president and accountable to the rule of law under powers he never before experienced; and now, the U.S. Attorney's office for the Southern District of New York has seized and is going through Cohen's records, computer and cell phone.

2. One of the things Cohen is being investigated for is bank fraud, the sentence for which can be up to 30 years in prison. Regardless of that, Cohen's ham-handed Stormy Daniels work is virtually certain to result in his disbarment.

3. Now under pressure in ways he has never been, Cohen's weaknesses are becoming evident. No wise attorney would voluntarily appear on an MSM news/talk show the day after his office, home, and hotel room have been raided by the FBI; but Cohen did. Cohen's instincts are insufficient and are failing him in these new circumstances.

4. Trump distanced himself from Cohen (threw Cohen under the bus) when he denied knowledge of the Daniels payment and referred the media to Cohen.

5. Cohen has been loyal to Trump for a long time but now, when it matters most, Trump is not responding in kind. With Cohen facing prison time, with New York investigators (not Mueller) now going through Cohen's records, and with Trump's track record of not protecting any of his supporters who have come under investigative scrutiny, there is a very strong possibility that Cohen will flip and become a cooperating witness against Trump.

6. Even if that does not happen, investigators have Cohen's records, which themselves have the potential to reveal much of what Trump has labored mightily to keep secret, and thereby increase the likelihood of impeachment.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Do you read or listen to the links you post here? ....
Yes ...

I also read and listen to the #derp and idiocy that's being promulgated by the wingnuts on the political right.

Makes following the whole thing much more entertaining.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
ATeam,

Great analysis.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cohen ends up being Cheeto's Judas, and spilling all the beans ...