November Location

guido4475

Not a Member
You do need to get out more..*LOL*

Haw River ...at the J been here all weekend and #2

I was there a few days ago..Too bad we missed each other, it could of been a real hoot!! We could of beat on the side of sleepers and ran away, kinda like ringing doorbells as a kid..lol.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Madison, GA at the TA. Crossing our fingers that Nov will be as good as Oct was.:)

We're still sitting at the TA in Lodi, OH. Dropped Thursday morning in Detroit. Was 16th out. Moved up to Toledo was 14th out. Moved on up to Lima was 7th out. Sat there a couple days finally moving up to 1 out, E-1 called with a load picking up in IN and bringing back to OH, 72 miles to pickup, 157 miles to delivery. Said it was a recovery and they really needed us to do it. Sounded kind of like the girl was saying "you better do it" so we did the load ending going back to 7th out again and are still sitting. Hmmmm been sitting 6 out of 8 days now? ? ? :rolleyes:

Pelican we did over 15,500 in Sept, only did 10,500 in Oct. Sure hope Nov isn't going to be like Oct? ? ? In our experience October has always been one of the best months of the year. :eek:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wow that brings back some E-1 memories ... sitting ... moving ... sitting ... moving ... sitting ... moving ... sitting ... and only one call for all that work

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Pelican we did over 15,500 in Sept, only did 10,500 in Oct. Sure hope Nov isn't going to be like Oct? ? ? In our experience October has always been one of the best months of the year. :eek:

Yesteryear, Our Sept, was ok, nothing to brag about. We've had an awesome June, and Oct. Last year, was about the same, Dec, and Jan are our "killer" months. Much more sitting than running :(

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We're still sitting at the TA in Lodi, OH. Dropped Thursday morning in Detroit. Was 16th out. Moved up to Toledo was 14th out. Moved on up to Lima was 7th out. Sat there a couple days finally moving up to 1 out, E-1 called with a load picking up in IN and bringing back to OH, 72 miles to pickup, 157 miles to delivery. Said it was a recovery and they really needed us to do it. Sounded kind of like the girl was saying "you better do it" so we did the load ending going back to 7th out again and are still sitting. Hmmmm been sitting 6 out of 8 days now? ? ? :rolleyes:

Yesteryear, we have found that moving west towards Lansing/Grand Rapids area is a more productive move when Detroit area is full of trucks, instead of moving south into Ohio. Or even moving to Ft. Wayne. (Just for future reference. :D )

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are at Mrs. Layoutshooters sisters house right now. Had a wonderful home cooked meal. I went fishing, only caught 1, a king mackrel. Mrs. Layoutshooter went to the beach with her mother/sister and niece. Back to work in the morning, taking a load from Miami to Knoxville.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Yesteryear, we have found that moving west towards Lansing/Grand Rapids area is a more productive move when Detroit area is full of trucks, instead of moving south into Ohio. Or even moving to Ft. Wayne. (Just for future reference. :D )

Thanks inkasnana. Appreciate the help. :)

Benzoid

Seasoned Expediter
Had an unexpected day at home yesterday as I picked up in Kalkaska for Washington, Pa. and it doesn't deliver until 0600 tomorrow. Will probably hang in Smithton after I empty.

Didn't know anyone went to Kalkaska. I'm right down the road from there.

Still at home thinking about jumping in the game.

Working the "day" job.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
dropped in Grand Rapids, Pd'up in GR, dropped in Alma, picking up in Harrison Mi deliver to Sterling Heights ..2 shorty runs then home to my bed for the night.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
well the Harrison Mich to Sterling Height cancelled, well it doesn't P.U. until tommorow and dispatch messed up, nobodies fault...so i now have a Greenville Mich @2200 tonight delivering in Toledo at 5 am...

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Here it is Nov 2nd in the US Customs truck lot at Miami International Airport at 16:50 hrs. Wife just checked the on-board outside thermometer. 113 DEGREES outside!!! Yes, thats right. It aint broken. Others got the same readings. Fall weather, cooler temps outdoors? Yea right. Great topless and T-back bathing suit weather at South Beach today!!!:cool::rolleyes:;):D Look reeeal hard at the second photo and tell me is she or isn't she....? LOL

Maybe our heatwave at the lot is from all the jet engines from planes taking off and landing just a few thousand feet away from us. Yes I can see the rivets! Ya gotta love Miami!

Attachments

• Can you see topless girl.jpg
    Can you see topless girl.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 28
  • How about now.jpg
    How about now.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: