August location

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
sitting in memphis tn at the panther terminal. oh i mean the flying J haha. Ive forgot what taylor looks like. load to yard would be nice haha.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
WOW!! Welcome Turtle!! I have to say that is a surprise knowing how you worked to make your business a success at Panther, I can only imagine the time that went into the decision to move...Welcome to the house, i look forward to meeting at the yard !!! :)

LOL, while I would never consider Turtle a "Cheerleader" at Panther, he certainly worked their system and made it clear that he made good there....now i have to wonder, is this move as big as ATeam leaving the FED!?!?!? :D LOL, in all seriousness, Welcome to the Family!! :)

Last edited:

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Sitting at the TA in Troutville VA. and there must be 30 utility trucks from Texas that just pulled in to fuel. I think its pretty cool how the electric companies work together when a disaster occurs.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Moved closer to St Louis. As soon as I got here, dispatch called with a fabulous load to Laredo, but had to turn it down cause I gotta be home by the 2nd. Sure hated to do it, was a great load, but 1000 mile DH vs 1800 mile DH was the deciding factor. Hate it when I got to be home by a specific date. Glad it don't happen to often. Thank you dispatch for the thought and opportunity.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Hey Turtle...welcome aboard! 'bout time you saw the light!:D

Ken's on the way back out..should be in Albert Lea tonight.

Ron...sure am glad it wasn't too bad..both my kids live out that way too.

Laura and Dennis...Ken's got your pickles on board!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
60 miles short of Albert Lea....holding up in Fairmont Mn for the night....:)

Xiggi..i seen that wind bag crack.....LOL ;)

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Hey Turtle...welcome aboard! 'bout time you saw the light!:D

Ken's on the way back out..should be in Albert Lea tonight.

Ron...sure am glad it wasn't too bad..both my kids live out that way too.

Laura and Dennis...Ken's got your pickles on board!

Dodged a bullet this time. A lot of folks in Maryland didn't do so well, but compared to the folks north us, we came out alright. Getting tired of dodging hurricanes and tropical storms, but the price ya pay for the boating life style. If it weren't that it would be tornadoes and earthquakes. Oh wait we had those also this year! *l* Dang, no place to hide! Thank you for the thought.

How did your kids do?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
WOW!! Welcome Turtle!! I have to say that is a surprise knowing how you worked to make your business a success at Panther, I can only imagine the time that went into the decision to move...Welcome to the house, i look forward to meeting at the yard !!! :)
Very perceptive. Leaving Panther after five years was hardly a snap decision. Months, even years went into it, as "Should I try somewhere else?" is a question always in the back of your mind, or at least it was with me. I was with Con-Way NOW and ended up being caught in the claws and jaws of the Panther buyout, and Panther was immediately very, very different from Con-Way. Many people, clearly smarter than me, decided not to stay on with Panther, or they left in short order. I took it as a challenge to learn their system and work within it to make my business a success. And it was a challenge, lemme tell ya. I've never hidden my displeasure here in the Forums with their policies and procedures. But I was nevertheless able to work within the bureaucratic idiocy (or as Moot says, to "embrace the stupidity"). But the time finally came where I no longer wanted to work the system and play the games just to do my job.

Once the decision was made, it became an easy decision, and one that happened very quickly. But it wasn't like I had to leave Panther, as I could have remained and still done just fine there. Panther and I parted on very good terms, it wasn't like they wanted me gone or I left in anger or anything. I bear them no ill will or harbor no animosity, and I think the reverse is true. I officially left Panther on Wednesday, which is when I actually informed them I was leaving, and turned in the QC and stuff, and since then have received several e-mails from dispatchers, Driver Relations people, and people in the office, none of whom I've ever gotten any e-mail from in the past, all wishing me well, so that was nice.

Still, changing carriers is not an easy decision when there is no animosity or anger involved in the decision. I wasn't particularly happy there, which makes the decision easier, but I wasn't exactly unhappy, either. Moving to a new carrier entails plenty of uncertainty and second guessing. OMV was instrumental in helping me with the decision, as he knows me quite well, and his, "You'll be happier here," was hard to ignore. He was the initial and critical go-between in getting me on with Load 1, so if/when I screw up, John knows who to blame.

Part of the uncertainty of changing carriers is the stress of the unknown, the stress of the new environment, and the stress of dealing with it all with new people. As I'm sure all of you already know, the people back in Safety and Recruiting are individually and collectively a class act, and removed pretty much all of that stress during orientation, and made the transition an easy one. That is, I think, a direct reflection from above.

LOL, while I would never consider Turtle a "Cheerleader" at Panther, he certainly worked their system and made it clear that he made good there....now i have to wonder, is this move as big as ATeam leaving the FED!?!?!? :D LOL, in all seriousness, Welcome to the Family!! :)
Oh, it's huge. Much bigger than the ATeam's move. The same day I moved to Load 1, the Earth literally shook. :D

Phil was a cheerleader for FECC, to be sure, and was so closely associated with them that it was hard to separate the two. But as soon as he became disenchanted with them the writing was on the wall. I, on the other hand, have always been disenchanted with Panther, was never a cheerleader, never had their logo in my sig, used "my carrier" instead of "Panther" more often than not when referring to them, yet people associated me and Panther as nearly one in the same. My leaving Panther will surely rock the industry, and likely overwhelm Load 1 with recruiting requests from Panther contractors, as well as other carriers.

I'm kidding, of course. The only impact I'm likely to have is not posting very often, if at all, in the Panther Carrier Forum here on EO.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As another 'ex Con', I am pretty sure Turtle will find Load 1 much more like the ConWay Now that we really didn't want to leave: a good place to work, because good work is appreciated.
Glad you're here. :)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Camping ocean front in San Simeon CA right now. Been having a great time. Got to see some Elephant seals, sea lions, and a lot of cliffs. We have driven down US1 since about southern San Fran. Drove Big Sur, Definitely not a drive to take unless you have a car....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, I spit up Tim Horton's when I read that one!

LOL...sorry bout that...hate to see good coffee wasted...;)

Turtle....Thanks for putting the bullseye on me....:p

I think the fact that,the lack of "playing" the game has a value that can be added in, over here....

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
welcome turtle, as stated, you will be happy here. we just finished our first month and we are very pleased. as with any new carrier there is the figuring it out phase but all in all they make it pretty easy. the learning curve isnt very sharp and pretty easy to navigate. everyone has been fair and helpful. dont get a bigger shell but glad to see another quality expediter added to the team. we dont like to see lots of people sign on but could care less about how many good expediters join. that is the difference here or at least from my point of view.