August location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's about right. According to him, I have about two inches exposed. His stock response is that the nerve will do what it wants to do when it wants to do it. He's a caution he is.

He did a nerve conductivity test before the surgery and wants to do another in six months. He guesstimates that I'm at 80 to 85% now. It was less than 15% before.

It has to regenerate the nerve covering as well...every "rub" on the exposed part creates pain...but you already know that...

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chillin down here in Chattanooga, Tennessee...Hoping for a couple of nice long loads to like Cali or West Texas or South Texas...Need some dollas...Ran a shorty today from Manchester, TN to Chattanooga, TN...Now just chillin lookin over my fantasy football teams looking forward to this weekend first weekend for College Football and Next weekend is the first weekend for Pro Football...Love Fall :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Walmart Speedway Indiana...waitin to deliver at 0630.....

Empty in Indy, at the "J" out on I 465....

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chillin down here in Chattanooga, Tennessee...Hoping for a couple of nice long loads to like Cali or West Texas or South Texas...Need some dollas...Ran a shorty today from Manchester, TN to Chattanooga, TN...Now just chillin lookin over my fantasy football teams looking forward to this weekend first weekend for College Football and Next weekend is the first weekend for Pro Football...Love Fall :D

Holy crap..the kids actually working! Whats with that?....LOL

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Mooresville Ind to Romulus Mi....then home for a dinner date with my wife...might go oos, not sure yet...Saturday is my grandsons 1st b-day...kinda want to be there for that...maybe run shorties for the next few days....i don't know....:confused:

Maybe i need a "vacation" from the "vacation"...LOL...:D

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up north of Detroit yesterday afternoon, delivered to Cottendale this morning. Hanging at the j now. Nice and warm down here but a couple runs to make a good start to the week. Hope I get something in the next day or so haven't been home for two or three weeks would be nice to go for the long weekend. If not and I am making dollars (not Dollas) that is fine too.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I love my cast iron cookware...I especially like finding old pieces that are all nasty...take them home scrub them up will salt anf then season them with lard.....the "original non - stick skillet"....:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I love my cast iron cookware...I especially like finding old pieces that are all nasty...take them home scrub them up will salt anf then season them with lard.....the "original non - stick skillet"....:D

I've got a couple cast iron fry pans that are older than I am...and the beauty of the seasoned finish on them is remarkable. I did want to try the griddle to see how well it fits over two burners and I have a feeling that might be a permanent home..:)

And the salt and the lard are THE best remedies for cast iron..I totally agree!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well that just sucks Steve..dang docs anyway! Wish I had another home remedy to help..you do eat pretty healthy though? Did the doc recomend any sort of exercise?

Juju, you might not want to give up on the home remedies just yet....[though nothing helps nerves - so sorry, Steve:(]
This reminded me to Google 'muscle spasms' - I know it's from overuse [no cruise in construction zones] but maybe this time I'll find advice I like, right? The first one was Medicinenet, and it mentioned potassium [I eat bananas! But carefully- you wouldn't {wait - you totally would} believe how immature some guys can be when they see a woman eating a banana:rolleyes:] and calcium, and vitamins, too- no help though, cause it's not dietary.
But as usual, the comments following the article were great. The first one that said dill pickle juice helped with cramps said she gets up to drink some right away, and I laughed, but then another geezer said he drinks some every day as a preventative - holy cannoli!
I'm not sayin it works [maybe it's just the salt? They sound like older folks, probably on a low sodium diet for years] but it couldn't hurt to pass it on with the pickles, eh? :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Juju, you might not want to give up on the home remedies just yet....[though nothing helps nerves - so sorry, Steve:(]
This reminded me to Google 'muscle spasms' - I know it's from overuse [no cruise in construction zones] but maybe this time I'll find advice I like, right? The first one was Medicinenet, and it mentioned potassium [I eat bananas! But carefully- you wouldn't {wait - you totally would} believe how immature some guys can be when they see a woman eating a banana:rolleyes:] and calcium, and vitamins, too- no help though, cause it's not dietary.
But as usual, the comments following the article were great. The first one that said dill pickle juice helped with cramps said she gets up to drink some right away, and I laughed, but then another geezer said he drinks some every day as a preventative - holy cannoli!
I'm not sayin it works [maybe it's just the salt? They sound like older folks, probably on a low sodium diet for years] but it couldn't hurt to pass it on with the pickles, eh? :)

Actually I think it's the vinegar in the pickle juice that's good for you. My dad used to mix up a concoction of apple cider vinegar and honey and drank it on a daily basis. And if I have a sore throat..I'll gargle some olive juice..I think the salty brine feels wonderful and tastes pretty darn good too! :)