A Death In The Family

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
See, quickpickup was right. You might also want to check the timing belt in the future. I can personally attest to the fact that quickpickups van had 650k on it when it was totaled out. But he did change the timing chain at 350k. These vans are workhorses. I bet that van I ditched in Utah in 09 probably had just a minor problem and could have been salvaged. But it's too late to go back and change what happened in the past. Good luck with your reborn van!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Good to hear, moot.
Happy vanning for a few more years.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Glad to hear it Moot...my 05 is over 410,000 now and its good to know that it should continue on down the road...:)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
See, quickpickup was right.
Yeah the O-ring was part of the problem. When I saw the oil pressure drop I did the panic thing and thought the worst. Pending disaster gave me an acute sense of sound. I heard normal engine and exhaust noise but thought I heard ticking as in lifters, which may have had do to low oil pressure at idle, but I still thought catastrophic event was in the works.

These vans are workhorses.
I agree! Another hooray for the Great American Slop Bucket!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thinking positive is a great thing. I'm glad you will now be able to wait until winter is over to get you a new Van, Sprinter, or Cube truck.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Glad to hear you won't need the Wheel Chock Funeral Arrangement of Tasteful Floral Design just yet. :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, I hadn't even thought of a wheel chock floral funeral arrangement. That would have been a new challenge. Oh well, but there's still your upcoming birthday.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
With the art of diagnosis of the actual sources of problems rapidly being lost to the vast legions from "Let's-try-this-and-see-what-happens" school of parts changers, I'm glad to see you have a competent tech to save you from having your money wasted and pizzed away on unnecessary "repairs".

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm glad to hear that the reports of the death were greatly exagerated. While my truck isn't dead, I will be dropping in the neighborhood of 3k on it next week thanks to our friends at the EPA. (Insert profanity laced, graphic rant here!)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wow, I hadn't even thought of a wheel chock floral funeral arrangement. That would have been a new challenge. Oh well, but there's still your upcoming birthday.

Artists never cover the same ground twice - you need new projects to keep the creative juices flowing. If you could figure out how to do some ittybitty ones, I think a line of wheel chock Christmas tree ornaments would have legs. [And arms, heads, horns - whatever.] :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You know you're witnessing a tad bit of bias when an oil cooler seal failure is somehow equated to slop bucket immortality. :D