stolen van AND MY DOG 2 YEAR OLD YORKIT

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
2002 Ford E350 Super Duty extended diesel cargo van license number In 887980 last seen in west dallas. If seen please call the DallAS POLICE DEPARTMENT TOOK EVERYTHING INCLUDING The YORKIE DOG named JJ. Has a coller that says "JJ SWEET" on it with phone number. Please help.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I hope that your van is found quick and that JJ is found safe and sound.

One of my fears is someone will steal our truck along with Molly or dump Molly out who has no clue how to take care of herself.

I really hope this situation turns out well and my heart goes out to you!

robh2

Veteran Expediter
Thats terrible. My thoughts are with you and your dog. I would looooooooooose my mind!

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Our sentiments are the same as already posted - you must be going through hell right now.

I do hope your dog is found safe and sound.

I don't know what we would do if we lost Peanut.

guido4475

Not a Member
Does your van/carrer have a q/c unit? could they track it that way,if not disabled?My prayers go out to you.Anyone in Dallas able to help them out?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'll be there tomorrow, and will write the plate # on a pad I keep handy.
What an awful thing to do - hope the Yorkie gets home to you safe & sound & soon.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I are not in Texas but will keep an eye open for your van and dog. You provided the license number. Can you provide additional info?

What state is the van licensed in?

What color is the van?

What decals does the van have on it?

What other markings or distinguishing characteristics does the van have?

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Diane and I are not in Texas but will keep an eye open for your van and dog. You provided the license number. Can you provide additional info?

What state is the van licensed in?

What color is the van?

What decals does the van have on it?

What other markings or distinguishing characteristics does the van have?

All good info to have....and is your fur baby micro-chipped??

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would post as much as you have. Had a truck leave Dallas this morning so too little too late, but have another that dropped this morning coming up out of Laredo tonight passing through Dallas.
Hope it all has a happy ending.

johnpetrus

Seasoned Expediter
2002 Ford E350 Super Duty extended diesel cargo van license number In 887980 last seen in west dallas. If seen please call the DallAS POLICE DEPARTMENT TOOK EVERYTHING INCLUDING The YORKIE DOG named JJ. Has a coller that says "JJ SWEET" on it with phone number. Please help.

Hey Jeff I heard please give me a call tomorrow .

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I can't imagine the range of emotions you must be experiencing. Besides the loss of vehicle and pet, all your belongings. Not to mention lost income and paperwork .
Maybe you can share a little about circumstances such as where you were parked, how long were you away from van, how did they drive away with van. You may have been in an area known for car theft and not known it. Some info may prevent one of us from becoming a victim. I hope you recover everything.

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
Re: stolen van AND MY DOG 2 YEAR OLD YORKIE

The van is a 2002 white extended ford E 350 super duty. it looks like every other van. the plate is from Indiana the plate number is 887980 It had just been washed, had a full tank of fuel,it does't have a logo on it, there is a couple of gold OOIDA stickers on it. We called the cell phone that was also in the van someone picked up and we begged them to not hurt JJ. JJ hasn't been chipped or fixed. We appreciate all the help we can get. Sad to say he doesn't seem to be a police priority

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Your cell phone company can tell you where the phone was at the time the guy answered. The sooner we all know that, the better idea we will have where to look. If the thief is stupid enough to leave it on, maybe your cell phone company can help you locate it. It is YOUR phone YOU are asking about, they should be able to tell you without citing privacy or legal concerns.

Also...

Does the van have a Qualcomm unit on it that will make it more distinguisable from other vans?

If it has a Qualcomm unit, can your carrier help you locate the van?

What about transponders like EZ-Pass or I-Pass?

Does the van have windows in the back doors or sides?

Diane is driving our truck at the moment and is looking over every white van she sees. The more detail you can provide, the easier your van will be to spot among all the others. They do not all look alike.

Last edited:

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
no qualcom,the phone company is no help they say it can't be tracked. The van was taken around noon in west:( Dallas. Close to the Flying J

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
no qualcom,the phone company is no help they say it can't be tracked. The van was taken around noon in west:( Dallas. Close to the Flying J

That's bull, they should be able to tell the closest cell tower to the phone when the call was received.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
How about local radio stations for the missing pooch. Lots of stations have daily segments for lost animals. I hate to say it but who ever stole your van probably has dropped the dog off.

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
How about local radio stations for the missing pooch. Lots of stations have daily segments for lost animals. I hate to say it but who ever stole your van probably has dropped the dog off.

Maybe not

Maybe he's a criminal that likes animals.. lots of people like dogs