stolen van AND MY DOG 2 YEAR OLD YORKIT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I was at a convenience store parked at front door, van in site of me, in there about 2 minutes dropped my keys on floor looked for them did not see them thought I'd find then when I got back very bad mistake. When I turned back toward the door the van was going down the road.

Most convenience stores have security cameras inside and in their parking lots. The store may have video of the guy who picked up your keys.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
There's a warning there for a lot of us. How often have you pulled up in front of some quick shop to run in and get a drink or take a pee and you figure you'll just leave it running because you're only going to be in there a minute or two? I see people do this with cars a lot and I always wonder that more vehicles aren't stolen. It doesn't look like that's what happened here, but this does illustrate how fast something like this can happen and how careful we need to be on the road, or anywhere for that matter.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
2sweet

Can you clear something up for me please.

On Page 2 of this thread you said....

"woke up this morining no JJ no van no clothes no job no way back ..... "

And on page 3 you said .....

I was at a convenience store parked at front door, van in site of me, in there about 2 minutes ....."

Thank you

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
2sweet

Can you clear something up for me please.

On Page 2 of this thread you said....

"woke up this morining no JJ no van no clothes no job no way back ..... "

And on page 3 you said .....

I was at a convenience store parked at front door, van in site of me, in there about 2 minutes ....."

Thank you

The convenience store was where the van got stolen from.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sorry to hear of your troubles...but one thing is sticking in my mind...how are you able to post? Did you have your laptop in your purse?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
The convenience store was where the van got stolen from.

HI

I didn't copy the whole of the post just the bit I needed clarifing.

The post on page 3 said they were in a convenience store and van got taken, but on page 2 they said "woke up and van etc was gone" just asking which it was is all.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure he meant that he woke up in the hotel and he had nothing, all his stuff was gone. Then he went on to explain on how the van was stolen from the convenience store the previous day.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
...so PHIL or anyone for that matter..have you been in contact with her in private?

Is she legit in your opinion?

or is this a real good scam praying on truckers generosity?

I have not been in private contact with 2sweet but am giving him/her the benefit of the doubt. Diane and I offered to buy 2sweet a bus ticket home. Before parting with any money, I would validate the story by verifying home address, employment with 2sweet's carrier and the police report where it was made.

That's all for later. For now, I'm giving 2sweet the benefit of the doubt. I believe the situation to be real and am proceeding accordingly.

No request for assistance has been made but if it is, Diane and I stand ready to follow through; as does Lawrence who offered me the resources of EO to deploy as appropriate in this situation.

In a previous post, Cheri1122 said she was going to be in Dallas yesterday. I don't know if she has reached out to 2sweet. If she has, she might be able to better answer your question.

Last edited:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
and some motels have a computer in the lobby for guests to use...

so PHIL or anyone for that matter..have you been in contact with her in private?

Is she legit in your opinion?

or is this a real good scam praying on truckers generosity?

Always the cynic, are ya?? :p

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
The story has been verified by Lawrence, a legit police report is on file. Hopefully he gets back in touch with someone who can help.

Dale

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Phil..Thank you...

It's sad times, but it is the times we live in that cause us to be somewhat cynical....
Traditionally Christmas is a good time for this stuff..catching people "in the mood"...

so yes DD cynic...:p

My heart is open to 2sweet and my guard is up; as always when gifting is done.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OVM, DO not mistake cynicism with a need to find out information. Like the selfappointed purple leader here seems to think that us Spectators should be ignored, the fact is that the OP came across as sleeping while the van was stolen. IT matters more that the right information is presented when asking for help than have something left out.

The problem seems to be that many take these posts at face value when people ask for help a lot like the guy with the story "my family ran out of gas and ..." and there is always someone who sees something different that makes no sense, I did and asked then some more info came out. I also made a suggestion - get the cops involved with the cell phone company, it is a simple thing to do and even the Detroit Police Department who are incapable of finding their lost squad car in their own parking lot can do that much.

BUT some of us, who are deemed spectators do a hell of a lot more than stand on the sidelines and complain when something like this happens. Maybe we don't broadcast to the world about the guy who is eating $10 a day (which many of us do anyways) or how we will foot the bill for a ticket home, that by our standards is private as much as it is what we do for others no one sees.

I sincerely hope that the dog is returned back to the owner, and some of us will be more aware of what we do and don't do on the road.

A Spectator.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I had to DH to Texarkana for truck repair, but I've just left a voicemail on the OP's phone [in one post, he says 'we', so I'm assuming there's another person whose phone he's using] offering to return to Dallas this evening if I get no load - and at this point, there probably won't be a load.
Like most of us, my guard is up, but my heart won't let me ignore it. Others have helped me, and I'm happy to pay it forward by offering a ride to WalMart, bus station, whatever is needed.
Will keep you updated.