stolen van AND MY DOG 2 YEAR OLD YORKIT

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
this is not a scam. we still don't have JJ back. Jeff is at the motel 6 you can call him at 972-296-3331 room 213. Jeff will be getting a rental car tomorrow to drive back to Indiana. still $200.00 reward for JJ because thats all i'v got. thanks for all your payers and concern. this will be the end of the postings for me Jeff all the postings have been sent by his uncle carl

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just talked to Jeff, and it's still up in the air whether he'll be returning home in a rental car [insurance] or a bus, but most likely, I'll be heading to Dallas in a couple hours to take him wherever he needs to go [not home, though].
Like everyone who posted, the only thing he is worried about is the dog, which will probably not be returned. :(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They may want to call some local animal shelters. It may turn up there.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I wish you the best of luck getting your things back. This has taught me a lesson. Im bad about leaving keys in the ignition while going in to pay for fuel or get a snack. No more will I. I cant afford to loose all my clothes, laptop, etc. Along with the van I have all my personal info like SS card, and copy of birth certificate ( which I need to leave at home next time im there )

But if you dont get the van back I hope you get the dog back. I will be praying for you guys and im in Indiana and looking for your vehicle while I drive and sit. Best of luck to you 2 sweet.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dave,
Just as someone mentioned, get your co-pilot chip'ed so if they end up in a shelter through some circumstances like this, then they are easily found. Many humane societies and even a number of vets charge cost plus a little more for the service - so what is say $30?

Opp forgot to add this; Some one may have read what I said in another thread?

Along with the van I have all my personal info like SS card, and copy of birth certificate ( which I need to leave at home next time im there )

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
This very sad, I hope you get your dog back. I know a pet is like family. I know are dog Max is.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
EO Family

I just got off the phone with Jeff. Shelly at CIS got him a rental car and he was able to get to Walmart to get some things for the trip home. His dog JJ was never found or returned which is sad. Jeff said he wanted to thank everyone for all their help in his time of need. Jeff said he really want thank Cheril for her offer to deadhead 200 miles to take him to Walmart. Jeff said he lost your number Cheril and wanted to call you back and thank you.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just arrived in Rockwall, {Polly said to go ahead, she'll add the DH to my next load:)}. I called the motel to tell Jeff I'd be available tomorrow, [the Motel 6 number's on my phone], but not knowing his room number or last name, didn't get through. And I don't even want to think about why the desk clerk thought I was trying to reach him, either, lol.:eek:
Glad he's able to get home!

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
Well Sue and I are going to be in Mobile, AL we will keep a sharp eye out while we are down there. I really hope JJ finds his way home.

Please keep us all posted with any new news

Thanks

Tony

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When you pull up to the front of a convenience store, and there's someone just standing there doing nothing, maybe smoking a cigarette or looks like they're otherwise loitering, all too often they are standing there waiting for someone to pull up and run into the store real quick while leaving their car running. You'd be shocked at how often that happens.

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
I was on the same thought, chances are he is a local and vehicle is around Dallas area. could of ditched it in a place that is open 24/7 where it would go unnoticed for a long time, like a walmart

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
I agree, probably still local. My years in the car business, having had many stolen, many turn up close to where it was lifted, and amazingly in good shape with all the items still in it, extra keys etc...

Hope all turns out well. Maybe consider an ad in a local free penney saver paper for your search for JJ. I would be calling the vehicle impound lots on a regular basis in the area as well. Don't give up hope.

retidepxe

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
2002 Ford E350 Super Duty extended diesel cargo van license number In 887980 last seen in west dallas. If seen please call the DallAS POLICE DEPARTMENT TOOK EVERYTHING INCLUDING The YORKIE DOG named JJ. Has a coller that says "JJ SWEET" on it with phone number. Please help.

hope you get the van and your JJ back.....
do you have pics of the van?? and maybe dog??
i have copied and pasted this info... and the link to this this thread....
on some various TX sites im on and FB trucking sites and friends FB profiles whom all live in Texas and the Dallas/Ft Worth areas.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
When you pull up to the front of a convenience store, and there's someone just standing there doing nothing, maybe smoking a cigarette or looks like they're otherwise loitering, all too often they are standing there waiting for someone to pull up and run into the store real quick while leaving their car running. You'd be shocked at how often that happens.

Reluctantly, I can confirm this is true. It has happened to me. I am embarrassed to say twice! I caught the second guy just as he was pulling away. You should have seen his eyes when I jumped in through the passenger door! You should have seen his face after he got out of my car! I learned my lesson. It was years ago before expediting..The first one ended up in an impound lot some days later.
The culprit who took the van in question van is almost definitely a local IMHO. I would check with all the impound lots around Dallas. Impounds aren't in the habit of notifying you that your vehicle is there, even with a police report.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Because of a rash of this kind of thing in and around Oklahoma, two or three years ago, QuickTrip (QT) markets started putting signs up in their stores cautioning people not to leave their cars running while they came inside. The signs were conspicuously posted at the check-out counter. I wondered why they didn't put them, you know, out front, like on the entrance, instead of inside where it might be too late. :D

MSinger

Expert Expediter
Probably a disgruntled 6.0 diesel owner wanting to do a quick swap for Jeff's 7.3. Seriously I hope they find your dog for you.

MSinger

Expert Expediter
It has been refreshing to read through this thread and see all of the offers of help especially Phil, Cheri and Lawrence. That is awesome!!

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Because of a rash of this kind of thing in and around Oklahoma, two or three years ago, QuickTrip (QT) markets started putting signs up in their stores cautioning people not to leave their cars running while they came inside. The signs were conspicuously posted at the check-out counter. I wondered why they didn't put them, you know, out front, like on the entrance, instead of inside where it might be too late. :D

One thing I have NOT believed in this whole story is little tidbit right here:

I was at a convenience store parked at front door, van in site of me, in there about 2 minutes dropped my keys on floor looked for them did not see them thought I'd find then when I got back very bad mistake.

Total BS, IMO.

They left the van running outside that convienence store while they ran in for "just a minute". Story above was concocted so that insurance wouldn't deny claim, and if they knew anything about Texas laws, to not receive a ticket for it.

Yes, in Texas there is a law in place that makes it illegal to leave your vehicle running with the keys in the ignition. We actually have "sting" operations that take place where officers wearing plain clothes stand on the side of a convienence store waiting for violations such as this. Even out here in Keller, officers drive up and down residential streets around 6-7-8am during the winter looking for cars that are sitting out in driveways "warming up". If they see a cars exhaust fumes floating in the air, they will stop and see if someones in it. If not, they will ring the doorbell and issue a ticket. Makes the "TV News" every year. People just don't learn though.

While I hate to see anyone lose a pet in this manner (we'd be devastated if we lost our nieces Yorky - he's like my mothers 5th grandchild) I just do not believe the story above.