What would you do? Makes me sick just thinking about it.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I stopped using the off-ramps as a toilet years ago. But there is no excuse for what this guy did. If you have to use a bottle because you can't make it to the restroom in time then by all means do so. Just use the bottle and dispose of it in a proper manner in the morning. Also I do agree with confronting the driver because if someone calls my dispatch line to say that one of my drivers went to the bathroom in public I'll laugh and tell that person that I'm their employer not their mommy. I don't tell my drivers what to do on their free time. Nonetheless that is not a very good image to portray as an expediter.

Blizzard,
Thanks for responding to my second question.
I suspect that your vans don't have any signs on them. Would it make any difference if you were a big company and your company's name was all over your vans?

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I know at my last carrier said they would terminate contract if you were caught with a jug in the truck do I suspect if you do it in a parking lot the same thing could happen.

You would think if you don't have the common sense/desire to visit a urinal then what else are not doing right at work.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
<In a nasally voice.> "Hello, Panther? I caught one of your drivers going pee pee outside of his van. It woke me up. I took pictures. Wanna see? Hehe *snort* hehe *snort*."

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stopped using the off-ramps as a toilet years ago. But there is no excuse for what this guy did. If you have to use a bottle because you can't make it to the restroom in time then by all means do so. Just use the bottle and dispose of it in a proper manner in the morning. Also I do agree with confronting the driver because if someone calls my dispatch line to say that one of my drivers went to the bathroom in public I'll laugh and tell that person that I'm their employer not their mommy. I don't tell my drivers what to do on their free time. Nonetheless that is not a very good image to portray as an expediter.

So when i saw a driver relieving himself atva customers dock you would not want to know that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will also admit that I have "Beared" in the woods too a few miles down the road from disgusting Truck Stops.

Yes.....we are "Animals" too....and if a Bear can Bear in the woods......Why can't we..... :)

What about when a Cattle Truck is passing you running 80mph at the same time a Cow in the Trailer lets loose his morning business................

Reverse this.....IMO.....it's the quality of service the truck stop has to offer that sets the tone as to how people interact with that truck stop. I mean....if they don't care about providing clean restroom facilities, and general services over all....why should we care?

Did you look in the "Urban Dictionary"?

I better stop there......last time I referred to the Urban Dictionary here.....I got in trouble......:)

Its the same mentality that allows one to go on the parking lot and disrespect the truck stop restroom.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So when i saw a driver relieving himself atva customers dock you would not want to know that?

That is a different story. If a driver is at a shipping or receiving dock he in on my time and must behave in a professional manner. But if he chooses to take a wizz off the side of his truck and gets a ticket that is all on him. I also do not have a problem with drivers using jugs as long as they are descrete about it and dispose of the contents in a responsible manner.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think this all boils down too...

If its wrong to do when someone is watching then its probably wrong to do when no one is watching.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I think this all boils down too...

If its wrong to do when someone is watching then its probably wrong to do when no one is watching.

I agree with xiggi. And also you (Blizzard and Brisco) would think its wrong when "you" get out and step in it.

Missie600

Active Expediter
Yes, I have peed in the shower. However, you will never catch me squatting by my truck in the parking lot!

We have witnessed guys ****ing between the tractor and trailer in the FUEL ISLAND!

The stench of urine in the parking lot is just disgusting.

Truck drivers have such a bad reputation. We need to change that.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Yes, I have peed in the shower. However, you will never catch me squatting by my truck in the parking lot!

We have witnessed guys ****ing between the tractor and trailer in the FUEL ISLAND!

The stench of urine in the parking lot is just disgusting.

Truck drivers have such a bad reputation. We need to change that.

Yes I saw that just the other day. Nasty.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Exposing oneself in public is against the law, and just from personal observation, most of the guys who do it are UGLY, as well as self centered, lazy, and rude.
The excuse about disgusting bathrooms is just pathetic, really.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Maybe someone needs to design a men's truck urinal that has a tank like a RV that doesn't cost a arm and a leg to buy. DEF Fuel is made from urine maybe fuel companies could buy it back from drivers? :)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats way I ve decided to properly dispose of my bottles in Bison ,SD

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Fake outrage is all the rage these days.

As well as ANTOGONIZING Outrage too............

Sheeeeez........some people just sit around waiting to get Offended.

BTW.......Even handsome gentleman peeee out in nature sometimes too...............:p

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Thats way I ve decided to properly dispose of my bottles in Bison ,SD

When I get back on the road.....I'll do the proper thing and get me a "Bottle".....OK People.....:rolleyes:

Not going to dispose of mine in Bison SD though........

Thinking more like disposing them in Strongsville Ohio......or somewhere like that. :)