What would you do? Makes me sick just thinking about it.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am parked at the TA in Antioch, TN and last night around 1:00 AM I woke up to the sound of running water. Got up to see what happened and the van parked next to me, leased with a major expediting company, had the side door open and the guy was relieving himself right here in the parking lot.

Disgusted, I went back to bed, only to be awakened again around 5:00 AM by the same guy relieving himself again. This time I grabbed my phone and took a picture. Of course, it was still dark and you can't really see good what is happening, but the van number is clearly visible.

If this happened to you, what would you do? Would you call the company?

If you were the company, what would you do if you found out one of your drivers was taking a leak in the parking lot, without respect for others, or himself for that matter?

Disgusted...

piattteam

Active Expediter
I would, and HAVE, call the company.
I recently called a company, with truck number, etc., about a guy throwing his grocery trash out the window, at a Pilot t/s.
It is trashy, scumbag drivers like these that give us all a bad name.
by all means, CALL AND REPORT HIM!!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would definitely call and report it. There is no excuse at all for behaving like a filthy pig. Companies should know when they are being represented in such a manner.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have jumped out and went over by one of his tires and Acted like I was going to pee on one of his tires,,,,,,,then when he asked what I was doing , I would say I thought this was the Public urinal ...:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I would have jumped out and went over by one of his tires and Acted like I was going to pee on one of his tires,,,,,,,then when he asked what I was doing , I would say I thought this was the Public urinal ...:D
I agree. Confront the guy right then and there. Don't be a wussy wimp hiding in your truck while calling to tattle tail to a third party. For all you know he's got an enlarged prostate coupled with an acute onset of a urinary tract infection and simply couldn't make it inside to the restroom. I'd be far more concerned with the medical condition that causes someone to sleep so lightly that they could be awakened not once but twice by the sound of a badder being voided.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Incidents like these, sadly, are not uncommon. If you report that driver to his carrier, the carrier may or may not act on the report. If it does act, the actions may or may not be significant. But even if a carrier terminated the guy and told him why, it may or may not happen that he actually gets the message. He may very well go on to the next carrier and return to his favorite parking place and repeat the behavior without ever understanding that he is doing something wrong.

What would I do in the situation you describe? I know exactly because I have done it before. I would confront the man directly and dress him down harshly. The problem with that approach is that the feedback is rejected or great efforts are made or lies are told to defend the deed. The downside of direct confrontation is that the guy may react violently and start a fight.

Another approach might be to leave a note on the guy's van when he won't see you doing it. Explain that you saw him do what he did, explain that you have reported him to his carrier and truck stop management (and the police if you are so inclined, public urination is a crime), explain why it disgusts you.

There are people out their whose sense of responsibility do not extend beyond their urine stream and it is a sad fact that many of them are truckers. I know of no other occupational group in which it is common for one person to urinate in a public space that others in the industry will soon use.

I once saw a guy walk out of a TA restaurant, walk right past the bathrooms, stop at his truck, and take a leak there before driving off. There's no getting through to someone like that.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Confronting some people these days will get you shot. In the dark it is twice as not a good idea.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I agree. Confront the guy right then and there. Don't be a wussy wimp hiding in your truck while calling to tattle tail to a third party. For all you know he's got an enlarged prostate coupled with an acute onset of a urinary tract infection and simply couldn't make it inside to the restroom. I'd be far more concerned with the medical condition that causes someone to sleep so lightly that they could be awakened not once but twice by the sound of a badder being voided.

Nice, Ken.
A guy commits a crime and you take a stab at me.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

Most men, not all, carry a one gallon milk jug or a bucket for just sorts of happenings, dont they?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Just post the van number and the name , mercy sakes. we could really have fun with that .....................the big companies and small read our stuff, just saying.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nice, Ken.
A guy commits a crime and you take a stab at me.
While I did so with (apparently failed) humor, it's a legitimate shot nonetheless. You awoke to the sound of running water, opens the door for such a shot. I simply find it hard to believe that anyone with that level of super-human hearing so as to be stirred from sleep by the sound of a man peeing could get any sleep at all anywhere remotely near a truck stop. If you witnessed a crime, you should have reported it to the police. In Tennessee the punishment for public urination is up to a $500 fine or up to 30 days in jail or both.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tell the guy that any sporting goods store sells a pee bottle for just such problems. I bought one months ago to avoid having to run inside in the middle of the night. Hate having to put on my shoes just for that.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Just post the van number and the name , mercy sakes. we could really have fun with that .....................the big companies and small read our stuff, just saying.

No, I will not post even the company name, that would not accomplish anything.

I don't want the guy fired, I just wish he would stop doing what he is doing. If TA sees these things and one day decide to not let vans lay over in their parking lots, all of us will suffer.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Wow.....another pee thread.

Might be worth the effort to get a pack of depends and pass them out accordingly or provide one under their windshield wiper as a community service.:cool:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ken,
You are assuming lots of things. It happens that I just happened to get up, and use my jug, and then went back to sleep. I wasn't completely back asleep and this happened. Interestingly, the lot was pretty quiet and then I hear this next to my vehicle. Of course I peeked out the window to see what it was, wouldn't you? And I didn't open the door to take the picture.
And, I didn't call the cops since I don't want this guy to end up in jail.
See one of my previous posts.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Call his carrier. Confronting people these days is crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ken,
You are assuming lots of things.
You are correct. I am assuming that you have a sense of humor. Clearly, that's an incorrect assumption.

Please excuse me, but I really must go pee now. Wait! You hear that? There's a squirrel peeing right now in my back yard! OMG where's the camera?

You can get salmonella from turtle pee.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
You are correct. I am assuming that you have a sense of humor. Clearly, that's an incorrect assumption.

Please excuse me, but I really must go pee now. Wait! You hear that? There's a squirrel peeing right now in my back yard! OMG where's the camera?

You can get salmonella from turtle pee.

:p
It's all good.
:)