The Thread You Can Use When You Need To

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Does Long Island to Oklahoma City count as a great load? Probably not, when I want to be in Fla for the holiday.....but the miles are nice, at least. :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Broom is as happy as a squirrel in a Pumpkin and he is now in the “Big Truck League” and really seems to have found his niche.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Boy Pelicn am I glad to see what you wrote. I had about decided I had turned into the worlds largest whimp! Usually the winter cold does not bother me to bad but this year I have been freezing!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Linder it was 19 degrees when we woke up yesterday morning! That's BUTT COLD!

It's a whoppin 31 now...heat wave...lets bring out the swimsuits

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Y'all are making Oklahoma City look better & better, lol - it's in the high 50's here. :p
PS Highway Star called last night to tell me that he & Broompilot were going out to enjoy some adult beverages in honor of my birthday - do I have some GREAT friends, or what?! :D

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm happy to report the celebration went well. Thanks for giving us an excuse to break out the barley, hops and malt!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I did that last weekend, man did I pay for it the next day. No more will I be doing mixed drinks, beer, pizza and ribs.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Broom is as happy as a squirrel in a Pumpkin and he is now in the “Big Truck League” and really seems to have found his niche.

A while ago, Broompilot ripped me pretty good for saying Schneider drivers get paid reasonably well. Now he is there. Odd, is it not? How many happy niches does this make for him now? He changes carriers more often than I change tires. Each time it is a step up. Each time he is happy. And each time the happiness has been short lived. Let's hope this time he will find what he is looking for.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not sure of the value of your post Phil? Are you trying to convince yourself of something, or Broom?
His comments a while back were in relation to company drivers, which is NOT what he is currently doing.
Outside of that, he can speak for himself.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I'm going to be sleeping in a nice warm bed in my nice warm house tonight. Of course I have to get up around 4:00 to head down to Louisville and deliver the load I brought out of New York Friday night, but a couple nights in your own bed will work wonders.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Charlie said:

but a couple nights in your own bed will work wonders.

So can a few nights in someone else's' bed. :cool:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
A while ago, Broompilot ripped me pretty good for saying Schneider drivers get paid reasonably well. Now he is there. Odd, is it not? How many happy niches does this make for him now? He changes carriers more often than I change tires. Each time it is a step up. Each time he is happy. And each time the happiness has been short lived. Let's hope this time he will find what he is looking for.

Seems like he is our classic "hunter" of mobettah tings. Hey, there are a lot of trucking companys out there. I spose ya could float around for the better part of a lifetime, if, ya didn't burn too many bridges. Maybe schnider folks got a raise.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The Parrot

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.
Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.
Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly open the door to the freezer, the parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."
John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!