Recruiting Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK so 85 cents plus 17 cents ---> 1.02 a mile. So how much do you pay in fees a week?

OH and what's with the little truck, --------my signature line -------- and the format change?

We moving towards a fisher price forum style?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ug....I dont know where the truck came from! LoL. I didnt realize it was on all. I dont know what changed.

Fees. $35 qualcomm, occ acc...varies by income..$10 or so, my van insurance is $55 a month, so $13.75 broke weekly. So roughly $59 a week. So at 15 cents diference per mile, (.87 vs 1.02)it takes me about 400 miles to pay for that. The rest of the miles that would be .15 more profit.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I don't recall what Bolt Express took for Qual Com. My Insurance through Transport Insurance Agency in Toledo $42.00 a month for one million liability and one hundred thousand cargo.
From what I've read here lately, if Panther is paying $.97 per mile it's a very recent raise.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I don't recall what Bolt Express took for Qual Com. My Insurance through Transport Insurance Agency in Toledo $42.00 a month for one million liability and one hundred thousand cargo.
From what I've read here lately, if Panther is paying $.97 per mile it's a very recent raise.

Bolt takes $35/week.

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Ug....I dont know where the truck came from! LoL. I didnt realize it was on all. I dont know what changed.

Fees. $35 qualcomm, occ acc...varies by income..$10 or so, my van insurance is $55 a month, so $13.75 broke weekly. So roughly $59 a week. So at 15 cents diference per mile, (.87 vs 1.02)it takes me about 400 miles to pay for that. The rest of the miles that would be .15 more profit.

Dale

At LRT you have to have your own cargo and liability witch is around $140 per month.Same as T&K or any small broker.

Monty

Expert Expediter
In the employee handbook

Sorry, I am not a employee .. so the book does not apply.

FSC? The amount Landstar is paying Sprinters would bring tears to the eyes of some. Suffice it to say it is more than adequate.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
My boyfriend, with his trusty cargo van, carried his own insurances and in the last nine months ran for carriers paying $1 - $1.08 per mile and with reasonable deadhead. The one carrier who paid the highest consistently also got him the most freight and somehow secured good paying loads out of notorious dead zones. We miss them already...

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Camper

Not a Member
My boyfriend, with his trusty cargo van, carried his own insurances and in the last nine months ran for carriers paying $1 - $1.08 per mile and with reasonable deadhead. The one carrier who paid the highest consistently also got him the most freight and somehow secured good paying loads out of notorious dead zones. We miss them already...

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

1.08/mile in a cargo van in this economic environment is a pipe dream.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
1.08/mile in a cargo van in this economic environment is a pipe dream.

No it isn't. When he contracted with them, their pay was stated as $1+ per mile. They always lived up to that, too. They get hot freight, true emergency freight. Things that had to be there yesterday, semi trailer overflow...cargo that is so urgent it is paid dearly for and it appears this carrier shares the wealth with the driver.

Let's face it...while this may be "expedite", many loads aren't the 'need it last week' type for OTR. Those are normally air shipped. Yes, this company does get loads to airports. They can do it cheaper than the "big guns" and still pay the driver over $1 to get the freight to the airport. BTDT...Paragould to Memphis, November 2010.

Last edited:

Camper

Not a Member
No it isn't. When he contracted with them, their pay was stated as $1+ per mile. They always lived up to that, too. They get hot freight, true emergency freight. Things that had to be there yesterday, semi trailer overflow...cargo that is so urgent it is paid dearly for and it appears this carrier shares the wealth with the driver.

Let's face it...while this may be "expedite", many loads aren't the 'need it last week' type for OTR. Those are normally air shipped. Yes, this company does get loads to airports. They can do it cheaper than the "big guns" and still pay the driver over $1 to get the freight to the airport. BTDT...Paragould to Memphis, November 2010.

With all due respect, you don't have a clue what you're talking about if you think $1.08/mile for a cargo van is anywhere near realistic, especially given the low volume and high capacity.

Camper

Not a Member
Whatever the market conditions dictate...

In this market, .90/mile should be considered a gift.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Is you $.90 an all miles rate?

I'm not in a van but FedEx pays $.85 + FSC (currently $.18) for loaded miles which is $1.03. They also pay FSC on all deadhead miles and I think $.10 on all deadhead miles after the first 50.

Camper

Not a Member
Is you $.90 an all miles rate?

I'm not in a van but FedEx pays $.85 + FSC (currently $.18) for loaded miles which is $1.03. They also pay FSC on all deadhead miles and I think $.10 on all deadhead miles after the first 50.

$.90 plus FSC for loaded miles.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
With all due respect, you don't have a clue what you're talking about if you think $1.08/mile for a cargo van is anywhere near realistic, especially given the low volume and high capacity.
I didn't mean to imply it was status quo. It isn't...but it sure is out there and on several of his confirmation faxes. If it was the norm, he wouldn't be taking a hiatus from the business.

He wouldn't run for under .93. Apparently that wasn't unreasonable because HE GOT IT. All one has to do when a load offer comes in low is bargain it up. Don't worry about your reputation. If you are within a reasonable distance of the pick up point, they will call.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
$.90 plus FSC for loaded miles.

90 cents plus FSC.... Now you talking. Before you said that 88 cents including fuel is not a low rate. When everybody told you that cargo vans running over a buck a mile and you still not understand ...no more comment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.