Recruiting Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you Ontario van man , I try to stay out of the forums but with this one spreading like wild fire i thought maybe i need to !
Here is the bottom line we are not panther at .72 +fsc per mile we are a new company still growing I started 1 year ago the end of may ,I was a driver trust me if we made more per load we would pay it in a heartbeat but I don't have the deep pockets the big boys have ! Like camper said if it doesn't work for you its ok , its not for everyone !
Thank You For Listening
John

If and that is a big if, now at my age....your rate would have worked for me...I was a driving fool, but now not as eager or hungry for miles as I once was.....

I wish you success in your endeavour....:)

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
There is absolutely nothing wrong about setting a rate per mile that is bottomline for YOUR business....that is what sets us all apart.....the differences....:)

The part in bold....I don't really care about.... I am not out here to make your life or anyones elses better...nor to set a standard.....just to make MY business work....get it?

Absolutely. No concern for the wellbeing of the genre in which you are part of. What affects one will eventually affect others, including yourself.

I have noticed this business does work very well fot the narcissistic.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
With all the talk of Insurance. I'll post again. Transport Insurance out of Toledo. 2002 Ford E 350 ext. One million Liability, one hundred thousand Cargo. $42.50 a MONTH $10.63 a week. If $11.00 a week hurts. You shouldnt be out on the road.

Camper

Not a Member
Hello
This Is John Petrus Owner of LRT , I was going to stay clear of this thread but i find I must reply.
My rates as a new carrier are .88 for a cargo van .92 for a sprinter van and 1.50 for a straight truck , If these rates don't work for you that is wonderful that you are doing so well if anyone has any questions they are more than welcome to call me direct at my office or pm and i will give you my cell number !
thank you
John Petrus
LRT EXPEDITE

Thank you for coming on and providing some much needed insight into your rate structure. Hopefully, it clears up any/all confusion the newbies to the business seem to have.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Absolutely. No concern for the wellbeing of the genre in which you are part of. What affects one will eventually affect others, including yourself.

I have noticed this business does work very well fot the narcissistic.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

We are NOT a collective out here...we are not a team....we are independent business people...we compete against each other....thats why people thirve to make their van more sellable....bigger, longer, moving blankets, straps, Hazmat....

lrtexpedite

Active Expediter
Your Welcome Camper
Our number is out there for anyone that has questions ,it is easier to come to the source than it is to sit here and guess and to make up things ! I see there was another thread that was locked on this subject as well i hope this clears this up too !
If anyone still has questions pm me direct please I will give you my cell number and you can ask away !

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Are there companies out there that pay less?

:)) I think 88 cents including fuel is the lowest rate in expediting I see so far. Don"t forget you have to have your own cargo and liability . I don't have anything against to advertise this rate ,but from here to say that is a very good rate is a long way. The problem is not who offering this rate the problem is that is way more cargo vans than loads and after you spend 2-3 days at 90F in a truck stop you take it....It is sad. When I start this business the average rates was 85-90 cents plus FSC. And the gas was $1.3 per gallon .

lhannah

Active Expediter
Yes, I can name one.

Those were the lowest rates I had heard so I couldn't imagine how they were "very good." However, if companies are running vans cheaper then I guess those rates might be good for a certain crowd.

Let me say, I have absolutely no issue with LRT or their rate structure. I just wanted clarification on how those rates were "very good." That clarification needed to come from drivers not LRT and that is why I didn't PM anyone instead of posting my last comment.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
We are NOT a collective out here...we are not a team

Better not let John Elliot hear that, lol. :eek:

....we are independent business people...we compete against each other....

As far as loads go, absolutely. If the freight I'm offered would fit on your Sprinter, don't expect me to hand it over - this is business.
But we also ought to think outside ourselves, and do what we can to improve things for all of us, because everyone profits when people cooperate for 'the general' good. Example: maybe a lot of people pressuring a carrier for 'the dime' would have had an effect, whereas a few didn't. There IS strength in numbers, beyond what any one person can accomplish.
A certain amount of selfishness is healthy, but too much can be counterproductive: what happens when you need a hand? [That's the generic 'you' - I know you personally would help if you can.]

thats why people thirve to make their van more sellable....bigger, longer, moving blankets, straps, Hazmat....

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Ok. Name it . It is not a secret.

There is more than one I talked with a Panther driver that had an .85/mile load all in and driving for Bolt I have had them as well and I have had some lower. This is not every load but depending on the situation I am in I may run them like coming out of Laredo.

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
There is more than one I talked with a Panther driver that had an .85/mile load all in and driving for Bolt I have had them as well and I have had some lower. This is not every load but depending on the situation I am in I may run them like coming out of Laredo.

Ok ,but here we talking 88 cents all the runs....

lrtexpedite

Active Expediter
OK TSExpediter
I have to ask why are you just so hung up on what i pay ? Why call my office if you are so darn happy where you are? what does it matter to you? we pay what we pay end of story , but you no matter what will not let the rest and fwi there are companies that pay less than i do ! So no if you have an issue I suggest you call me instead of dragging 7 pages out on here !

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
OK TSExpediter
I have to ask why are you just so hung up on what i pay ? Why call my office if you are so darn happy where you are? what does it matter to you? we pay what we pay end of story , but you no matter what will not let the rest and fwi there are companies that pay less than i do ! So no if you have an issue I suggest you call me instead of dragging 7 pages out on here !

Sorry if I offend you in any way. We just had a chat here about low or high rates. I don't think that somebody said any bad thing about you or your company. It just happened to be your company. One more time the discussion was about the rates ,what is low what is high. From my part, I end this discussion.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are NOT a collective out here...we are not a team

Better not let John Elliot hear that, lol. :eek:

....we are independent business people...we compete against each other....

As far as loads go, absolutely. If the freight I'm offered would fit on your Sprinter, don't expect me to hand it over - this is business.
But we also ought to think outside ourselves, and do what we can to improve things for all of us, because everyone profits when people cooperate for 'the general' good. Example: maybe a lot of people pressuring a carrier for 'the dime' would have had an effect, whereas a few didn't. There IS strength in numbers, beyond what any one person can accomplish.
A certain amount of selfishness is healthy, but too much can be counterproductive: what happens when you need a hand? [That's the generic 'you' - I know you personally would help if you can.]

thats why people thirve to make their van more sellable....bigger, longer, moving blankets, straps, Hazmat....

Hey, hey, hey....LOL we are a team up to a point...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.