Recruiting Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Camper! Wake up! 87 cents including fuel IT IS A LOW RATE ! Panther aprox $1 per mile ,TriState 1, Whirlwind over 1, All State 96 cents, Express one 1, Ceva over 1, Landstar same.... Should I continue? C'mon man...Be serious . 87 cents is 87 cents.

Ummm About E-1...last time I looked they still pay 70 on a CV load plus whatever the FSC is this week...maybe .18...that to me is .88 cents.....they do give out some .80 cent loads....sometimes

Camper

Not a Member
90 cents plus FSC.... Now you talking. Before you said that 88 cents including fuel is not a low rate. When everybody told you that cargo vans running over a buck a mile and you still not understand ...no more comment. :)

88 cents isn't a low rate if that's free and clear of deductions as LRT is offering.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
88 cents isn't a low rate if that's free and clear of deductions as LRT is offering.

But they are not free and clear really....maybe on thier end because they've shifted the insurance part unto the operator...it is an illusion.....ya still have to be insured....whether they pay it thru deductions or you pay direct....it is still an outflow.....know what I mean?

Camper

Not a Member
I didn't mean to imply it was status quo. It isn't...but it sure is out there and on several of his confirmation faxes. If it was the norm, he wouldn't be taking a hiatus from the business.

He wouldn't run for under .93. Apparently that wasn't unreasonable because HE GOT IT. All one has to do when a load offer comes in low is bargain it up. Don't worry about your reputation. If you are within a reasonable distance of the pick up point, they will call.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Just because your boyfriend wont run for less than .93 per mile doesn't mean you should demean carriers for offering rates you don't agree with. Quite frankly, your post(posting#4) was sophomoric and demonstrated this union mentality that somehow contractors are entitled to a minimum rate. The original poster is offering an opportunity others with less lofty expectations would gladly accept.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just because your boyfriend wont run for less than .93 per mile doesn't mean you should demean carriers for offering rates you don't agree with. Quite frankly, your post(posting#4) was sophomoric and demonstrated this union mentality that somehow contractors are entitled to a minimum rate. The original poster is offering an opportunity others with less lofty expectations would gladly accept.

.88 cents is doable....for the right person...right conditions...some can't, some might, some won't......work smart!

Camper

Not a Member
So $.90 + FSC would be about $1.08 for loaded miles.

Yes, if the fuel surcharge Is .18...The confusion stems in part by whether the FSC is included or in addition to the base.

The bottom line premise of this whole discussion is whether LRT not paying the FSC is offset by the lack of fees/deductions.

Camper

Not a Member
.88 cents is doable....for the right person...right conditions...some can't, some might, some won't......work smart!

Exactly...What doesn't work for one might and often does work for another. It's all about keeping overhead low and maintaining financial flexibility.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter

Forgive him for having a standard. He won't be party to driving rates below poverty level and being taken advantage of, and thus contributing to creating a more difficult way of life for expediting.

Union mentality? You say that like it is a bad thing. You bet I do. Granddaughter, daughter, surviving spouse of GM employees. The UAW, even in its present state, has served me well. Without union influence amongst shippers and receivers, freight would be getting expedited for .15 per mile.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, if the fuel surcharge Is .18...The confusion stems in part by whether the FSC is included or in addition to the base.

The bottom line premise of this whole discussion is whether LRT not paying the FSC is offset by the lack of fees/deductions.

FSC is also an illusion...it only messes with peoples minds...the ONLY thing that matters bottomline...RATE per mile.....whether it is 70 plus .18= .88 or a straight .88....it doesn't matter....have to stop thinking FSC and think RATE...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Forgive him for having a standard. He won't be party to driving rates below poverty level and being taken advantage of, and thus contributing to creating a more difficult way of life for expediting.

Union mentality? You say that like it is a bad thing. You bet I do. Granddaughter, daughter, surviving spouse of GM employees.

There is absolutely nothing wrong about setting a rate per mile that is bottomline for YOUR business....that is what sets us all apart.....the differences....:)

The part in bold....I don't really care about.... I am not out here to make your life or anyones elses better...nor to set a standard.....just to make MY business work....get it?

Camper

Not a Member
But they are not free and clear really....maybe on thier end because they've shifted the insurance part unto the operator...it is an illusion.....ya still have to be insured....whether they pay it thru deductions or you pay direct....it is still an outflow.....know what I mean?

Insurance is a different animal in that it isn't a one size fits all cost. For those of us who fit in the low risk/low rate category, the insurance isn't going to be as much a factor as a high risk/high rate contractor. Hence, depending on your situation, you could still come out ahead in the aforementioned rate structure.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
FSC is also an illusion...it only messes with peoples minds...the ONLY thing that matters bottomline...RATE per mile.....whether it is 70 plus .18= .88 or a straight .88....it doesn't matter....have to stop thinking FSC and think RATE...

THANK YOU!!!! That is what it all boils down to...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Insurance is a different animal in that it isn't a one size fits all cost. For those of us who fit in the low risk/low rate category, the insurance isn't going to be as much a factor as a high risk/high rate contractor. Hence, depending on your situation, you could still come out ahead in the aforementioned rate structure.

Yes, absolutely....everyones rates are going to be a bit different.....and then there is the OCC issue.....whether you pay thru the carrier or out of your own pocket it is still an expense.....luckily SD doesn't force me to buy OCC....a right to work state...;)

lrtexpedite

Active Expediter
Hello
This Is John Petrus Owner of LRT , I was going to stay clear of this thread but i find I must reply.
My rates as a new carrier are .88 for a cargo van .92 for a sprinter van and 1.50 for a straight truck , If these rates don't work for you that is wonderful that you are doing so well if anyone has any questions they are more than welcome to call me direct at my office or pm and i will give you my cell number !
thank you
John Petrus
LRT EXPEDITE

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello
This Is John Petrus Owner of LRT , I was going to stay clear of this thread but i find I must reply.
My rates as a new carrier are .88 for a cargo van .92 for a sprinter van and 1.50 for a straight truck , If these rates don't work for you that is wonderful that you are doing so well if anyone has any questions they are more than welcome to call me direct at my office or pm and i will give you my cell number !
thank you
John Petrus
LRT EXPEDITE

In my OFFICIAL capacity....Welcome John.....don't be a stranger....comments always welcome...:)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

I agree, but it needs to be an all miles rate. My deadhead last month was 18%.

Camper

Not a Member

Union mentality? You say that like it is a bad thing. You bet I do. Granddaughter, daughter, surviving spouse of GM employees.

Again, if you don't like the rate, you don't have to run it..However, it is not your place to hurl pot shots at carriers who are out here, offering an opportunities for fellow members...I guarantee you, there are plenty of others who will gladly run for those "poverty" level rates.

Last edited:

lrtexpedite

Active Expediter
Thank you Ontario van man , I try to stay out of the forums but with this one spreading like wild fire i thought maybe i need to !
Here is the bottom line we are not panther at .72 +fsc per mile we are a new company still growing I started 1 year ago the end of may ,I was a driver trust me if we made more per load we would pay it in a heartbeat but I don't have the deep pockets the big boys have ! Like camper said if it doesn't work for you its ok , its not for everyone !
Thank You For Listening
John

Status
Not open for further replies.