Recruiting Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryc

Active Expediter
I am the new Recruiting Manager for LRT in Painesville, Ohio. We are looking for qualified Independent Contractors to add to our fleet. We have no weekly deductions and are rates are very competitive. Please call me at 440-853-8550 or 815-668-5076 if you want to sign on with one of the best companies in the transportation industry!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
87 or 88 cents per mile, including fuel (for cargo vans) are not very competitive rates....:)

Sure they are - if the comparison is to even lower rates, right?
That's why the word is soooooo popular: it is vague enough to cover a lot of ground.

Disclaimer: whether the advertised and/or actual rate is reasonable, I have no opinion - it's just the buzzwords that I feel compelled to poke a stick at. ;)

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
With "NO WEEKLY DEDUCTIONS" $.88 a mile could go a lot farther then $.98 with a $100.00 or more coming out every week.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Jes look at how all these folks do math, and, think what their time is worth.

should be interesting..........

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With "NO WEEKLY DEDUCTIONS" $.88 a mile could go a lot farther then $.98 with a $100.00 or more coming out every week.:rolleyes:

Maybe I am wrong here but it seems like no deductions means you carry your own insurance and workmens comp. So what your saving is 30 bucks a week on qaulcom. Might be different on bigger trucks but I drive a sprinter so that is what I can compare to.

Camper

Not a Member

Very true, indeed...The problem is many of the naysayers have this union-like mentality with respect to their expectations. Listen, rates are the domain of market forces, not what one feels s/he is owed.

If the rates are too low for you, it probably means your expenses are too high..Simple solution: Live within your means..

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the rates are too low for you, it probably means your expenses are too high..Simple solution: Live within your means..

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Kinda generalizing things there aren't ya?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually them there are competitive rates by these days standards....unfortunately....there is less then a handful paying more and it is not that much more considering the deductions some charge...

lhannah

Active Expediter
If you have your own cargo and liability insurance you might as well get your own authority and forget about a babysitter.

Maybe there is someone out there who can run things without a "babysitter" but when are you going to sleep? Say you take a 600 mile load over night. Are you going to stay up the next day hunting your freight? Or are you going to sleep so you can actually run freight?

Also, I think .85 -.88 a mile is low. It has become the bid board price because of companies undercutting the market. The problem is that many drivers will run for that rate.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
IF and I say IF..you own the van and it is paid for...and you get average or better MPG....your CPM is tops .30 a mile...you make money...

Camper

Not a Member
Also, I think .85 -.88 a mile is low. It has become the bid board price because of companies undercutting the market. The problem is that many drivers will run for that rate.

It's not a low rate if many drivers will run for it. "Low" is a relative term. What's low to someone with high overhead costs isn't going to be low to someone with fewer overhead costs.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Maybe there is someone out there who can run things without a "babysitter" but when are you going to sleep? Say you take a 600 mile load over night. Are you going to stay up the next day hunting your freight? Or are you going to sleep so you can actually run freight?

I sleep when I get back home and I dont have to hunt for freight. I have a customer base within a 75 mile radius of my home that calls me when they have something that needs hauled. I pick up the load, deliver it, deadhead back home and wait for another call. Been doing it this way for 5 years now and it works real good.

lhannah

Active Expediter
It's not a low rate if many drivers will run for it. "Low" is a relative term. What's low to someone with high overhead costs isn't going to be low to someone with fewer overhead costs.

I agree "low" is a relative term. I guess my point is it doesn't make sense from a driver's standpoint. Why on earth would you take freight for .85 a mile when the same freight is being driven around by other drivers for +.95?

I mean every company should just recruit for .85 and take larger cuts from the loads. Then everyone here on EO would lose their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.