October location...

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We're in Carlisle, PA. Our week wasn't too bad with a little over 2,100 miles and there is still hope for a load today.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We're in Carlisle, PA. Our week wasn't too bad with a little over 2,100 miles and there is still hope for a load today.

In this supposed rotten economy? and considering the amount of trucks our carrier has put on lately....You are doing good!!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
6 loads this week since tuesday. indiana, ohio, ky, ct, ny and ohio again. 7th load to ct became a sprinter load. good. going to bed. g nite.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am completely amazed that I am the only Sprinter/Cargo Van in all of Laredo, Texas...Dear God, can you please send me some company down here!!!:D Hope that is a good sign for me to get outta here for a long trip tomorrow!!!

guido4475

Not a Member
350 loaded miles this week,285 last week.I'm getting whipped from all of this driving.Divorcing this co next week......Time to move on....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I just drove past there about the time you were posting and i was wondering the same thing...whats up with no vans and only one sprinter...i figured it was you sonce you said we would see each other...I am sitting across the street from you TJP, blocked by a train...i am tryin to get over there...and i have to ask, why do you have a picture of Tony Stewart as your avatar!?!? LOL...:D

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I went up to Olive Branch from Oxford, MS, grabbed a Starbucks and hung out for a little while surfing the 'net, then headed over to the Olive Branch Catfish Company for the "Craig Special" - 3 fillets - one Cajun, one with the OBCC special seasoning, and one just deep-fried ..... along with their own turnip greens and blackeyed peas ...... and of course the hushpuppies .....

Was just about finished eating and Dispatched called - picked up in Memphis for Fredrick, MD, with a second drop in Reading, PA ...... slept at the consignee in Reading after dropping and am now down at the J in North East, MD .....

Was hoping to get a call after I dropped with one for the weekend but alas it didn't happen ..... maybe something today or Sunday ... if not, no biggie .... it was a decent week

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
someplace new for me........caribou in heath ohio. tires rotated, oil changed ready for another 9000 miles.:)

nice endless cup of coffee.....mmmmmmmmmmm

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well hit Laredo at about 1:30 am and tried to unload, no luck...went back at 6 am, gurad said they called in and won't open till 9 am...went back to the J (real close just around the corner and across the hyway) went back to bed for 2.5 hrs...went back at 8:40 am...gurad set me to the ramp, said they should be there in about 10 minutes....when in a half hour no one showed and the building still locked, i went back to the guard shack, he said wait for a while, its sat....so at 11:30 am he came back to tell me that they weren't going to open this weekend, come back monday.....

So at least i'll get a nice "layover" pay, but id rather be empty and waiting for a load......

so its Logans for lunch and dinner and College football all day and evening....then Sunday back to Logans for lunch and dinner and nascar......there goes the layover pay....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm 83.4 miles northeast up I-95 of RLENT, enjoying the rain that be brought with him from Memphis. Thanks again for that. Made the hand unload to the rear of a really large Asian fish market all the more special. The fish helped me unload.

BTW, it's a large market with an Asian flair that sells fresh fish, not a market that sells really large Asian fish.

Although they did have some large fish there.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Dallas about killed me this week. A load to Louisiana got me out, and here I am in Dallas again. I figured my week was already wasted, so I took the return load. It probably would have been easier to just shoot myself in the foot. I'll probably just troll my way out on Monday. And to think I'll have to return next week for jury duty.

eb

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Caribou Coffee? My Favorite
Weening yourself off Panera?:rolleyes:

no panera near the j in millersport. lady walked into the goodyear where we were and gracie recognized the logo under the sleeve and asked where it was and here we are.