March 2010 Location

guido4475

Not a Member
Sitting in Lapeer Mi outside Flint waiting on load since yesterday. Thinking of heading south if I dont get a load today

I was up there at the J in Saginaw, came down to Romulus, slept a few hours, then they called and asked me to do 2 round trip loads From across the street from Tri-State to 6 miles away each way.An easy $150.00 for a total of 74 miles !! At the J now.TJP, you around here?

guido4475

Not a Member
At the Omaha J. Sitting...and sitting...aaaaand sitting. Ok I've only been here 18 hours, and I DID turn down a load to Eugene. And had two offers I didnt get.
I don't sit well. If I wanted to sit I would go back to a desk job.

I know what youre saying about the sitting thing-lol.

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
woot, gotta go, headed to Laredo. **** and I left my sun tan oil at home! And all my shorts are dirty and I only have sweats to wear.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
At the Omaha J. Sitting...and sitting...aaaaand sitting. Ok I've only been here 18 hours, and I DID turn down a load to Eugene. And had two offers I didnt get.
I don't sit well. If I wanted to sit I would go back to a desk job.

I'd take a load to Eugene, I grew up there and haven't been back for over 20 years, would be nice to visit!!!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sittin in Charlotte, its nice right now but I hear there's a nasty lil storm comin at me. I think Falligator is stalking me.......I show up in Laredo he shows up, I go to Atkins,Va and he's headed there. Who do talk to about witness protection for expeditors???
Ha....sittin at #1 on the Charlotte board wondering if they will send me to Hmmmm lets see......I never stay that long at the J at exit 72 near Rock Hill, SC. ((((There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.))) I've tried this before and it never worked....I'm gonna have to consult my magic 8 ball and see what it says.:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ha....sittin at #1 on the Charlotte board wondering if they will send me to Hmmmm lets see......I never stay that long at the J at exit 72 near Rock Hill, SC. ((((There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.))) I've tried this before and it never worked....I'm gonna have to consult my magic 8 ball and see what it says.:rolleyes:

I see Flint Mi in your future...sorry!:p

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I see Flint Mi in your future...sorry!:p
Wow....I consulted the 8 ball and a message popped up that read, "Don't ask me cause I'm not a dispatcher!".....LOL:) and to say that I thought they were supposed to be reading yes, no and maybe so....LOL I'm gonna have to fire it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered in Scranton, PA, now in Syracuse, NY. Pick up here in the morning, headed for Indy!! Then home for a few days to take care of my Dad's and mine DR visits, taxes, IRP, new steers and bugs. Whew, it will be nice to get back out so we can rest!!

dieselwrench

Seasoned Expediter
Very bad week. unloaded in Marion OH, a week ago this am. went to the petro just south of Toledo for breakfast and sleep, My wife Jill called to tell me my 89 year old Dad had a bad stroke and was being transported to a hospital in Lansing Mi.
I rewrote my log and headed for lansing.
Dads stroke was massive with no hope of recovery, later that evening we had the tubes removed. That was about 01:00 Thurs morning and he past away about 22:30 Sat.
We had 3 vistitations over Monday and Tue. with a huge standing room only funeral yesterday morning. Along with the Preacher we had a family friend give a little talk then our local Masonic lodge gave the masonic funeral rites. the prossession to the cemetary was led by the state police and 3 of our local fire trucks with the county police bringing up the rear. The national gaurd was at the cemetary to fold the flag with the V F W giving the rifel salute
He was a man loved by all who knew him and he knew everyone. He leaves a huge gap in my life that will take a long time to heal.
I hope this was not too long of a post but I needed to talk.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very bad week. unloaded in Marion OH, a week ago this am. went to the petro just south of Toledo for breakfast and sleep, My wife Jill called to tell me my 89 year old Dad had a bad stroke and was being transported to a hospital in Lansing Mi.
I rewrote my log and headed for lansing.
Dads stroke was massive with no hope of recovery, later that evening we had the tubes removed. That was about 01:00 Thurs morning and he past away about 22:30 Sat.
We had 3 vistitations over Monday and Tue. with a huge standing room only funeral yesterday morning. Along with the Preacher we had a family friend give a little talk then our local Masonic lodge gave the masonic funeral rites. the prossession to the cemetary was led by the state police and 3 of our local fire trucks with the county police bringing up the rear. The national gaurd was at the cemetary to fold the flag with the V F W giving the rifel salute
He was a man loved by all who knew him and he knew everyone. He leaves a huge gap in my life that will take a long time to heal.
I hope this was not too long of a post but I needed to talk.

Sorry yo hear about your lost.......hang in there.