March 2010 Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know, I was at the J in Pontoon Beach,Ill the other day and I witnessed from looked like a shakedown of a Fed driver by an co. inspector, from what I can tell.A gray-haired guy in a nice Sprinter with a rv-type awning on the roof pulls up to a Fed guy in another sprinter and performs, what I can tell, an inspection of the van, inside and out.It appeared to be a heated conversation outside with something to do about the driver having magnetics on the doors.He then moved on to another Fed vehicle in the truck lot.

The question is this: Was what I saw for real,a Fed employee inspector of some kind, on the road, or am I just mis-interpreting what I saw to begin with? Just curious, that's all.

Looks like you might have seen Terry our respected X moderator....
I don't happen to agree with the above comments...it is just another example of Fedex babysitting...I would not allow him near my truck unless it is spelled out in the contract...

Last edited:

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Moose, my wife is still upset that the new refrigerator she got last August won't hold a magnet; it's stainless steel, so, they won't stick.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Phone just rang, Galesburg Ill (yea i dropped their Fri night and left there for Peru, ain't it how goes) to Lincoln Neb...Yeap another BNSF Run.....seeya:D

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I'm still in Laredo:cool: soaking in the sun....while it lasts. I will be picking up my load in Laredo this evening at 1700 and taking it to Atkins, Va. for 1,435 miles. driving my van through the rain this evening. Should be fun!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm still in Laredo:cool: soaking in the sun....while it lasts. I will be picking up my load in Laredo this evening at 1700 and taking it to Atkins, Va. for 1,435 miles. driving my van through the rain this evening. Should be fun!
Why would driving in the rain be fun? Unless you have a convertible...;):p

Darn 1400 miles in 1 run..you'll be able to DH home now..*LOL*

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
Sittin in Charlotte, its nice right now but I hear there's a nasty lil storm comin at me. I think Falligator is stalking me.......I show up in Laredo he shows up, I go to Atkins,Va and he's headed there. Who do talk to about witness protection for expeditors???

guido4475

Not a Member
Looks like you might have seen Terry our respected X moderator....
I don't happen to agree with the above comments...it is just another example of Fedex babysitting...I would not allow him near my truck unless it is spelled out in the contract...

You dont agree with what I posted or what I witnessed?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moved down to the Ontario TA Friday hoping for a better shot at freight. Didn't work out so here I sit. Guess it's my turn in my 2previous trips to Cali.never been more than 2 days before I was loaded heading east.