March 2010 Location

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Dayton - Studio 6 Motel - Going to sign off on the truck tomorrow and then start outfitting.

Weather is cold. 20's at night and low 30's during the day.

Only a slight chance of flurries on Wednesday; otherwise clear.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
At least for the next month, it would be great if y'all could add a note about the weather and road conditions, if they're wintry....
I'm in Greenville/Spartanburg, no winter here, lol. :)

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just sitting in Portland Oregon. Getting paid some pretty good coin by my brother to drive out to New York to pick up some expensive artifacts from an estate auction. Gonna swing by Detroit on the way back up to get my Van registered in Michigan, then bring the plates back to California, affix them to the van, and head off to Bolt Orientation. I am gonna have a very lively 7 days driving a rental over 8k miles from Los Angeles, to Portland, to Ithaca New York, back to Portland, and alas back to California. I hope them unlimited miles are truly unlimited. lol. Otherwise that Hindu guy is going to be ****ed!! Y'all stay safe out there.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm also in Reno, covertly spying on FECC trucks. Will follow to Cali in the morning.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
At home. Stepped off the expediting merry-go-round for 48 hours. My Febru-Worries never materialized. It was a record month.

eggd1ver

Seasoned Expediter
Me and the wife are sitting in durham n. c. del. sunday mor. stayed over night at the petro exit 157 on 85. We have spent the last week running between detroit and philly has been NO picnic out here weather has been s**y!!!!!!!! OH! On the other hand we are heading home thursday and that is jacksonville fl. been out about five weeks looking forward to having a little time off hope the weathers good while off.

Hope all have a profitable and safe march
Rich & Ida Parker Panther Drivers:D

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Been home for a week,now doing load to Pa to deliver on the 2nd. it's short but pays very well.looks like taking time off didn't stop the roll I'm on.

guido4475

Not a Member
I'm also in Reno, covertly spying on FECC trucks. Will follow to Cali in the morning.

You know, I was at the J in Pontoon Beach,Ill the other day and I witnessed from looked like a shakedown of a Fed driver by an co. inspector, from what I can tell.A gray-haired guy in a nice Sprinter with a rv-type awning on the roof pulls up to a Fed guy in another sprinter and performs, what I can tell, an inspection of the van, inside and out.It appeared to be a heated conversation outside with something to do about the driver having magnetics on the doors.He then moved on to another Fed vehicle in the truck lot.

The question is this: Was what I saw for real,a Fed employee inspector of some kind, on the road, or am I just mis-interpreting what I saw to begin with? Just curious, that's all.

guido4475

Not a Member
Just sitting in Portland Oregon. Getting paid some pretty good coin by my brother to drive out to New York to pick up some expensive artifacts from an estate auction. Gonna swing by Detroit on the way back up to get my Van registered in Michigan, then bring the plates back to California, affix them to the van, and head off to Bolt Orientation. I am gonna have a very lively 7 days driving a rental over 8k miles from Los Angeles, to Portland, to Ithaca New York, back to Portland, and alas back to California. I hope them unlimited miles are truly unlimited. lol. Otherwise that Hindu guy is going to be ****ed!! Y'all stay safe out there.

Why plate your vehicle in Mi if you live in Ohio? Just wondering.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm at the Atlanta Petro. Good-freakin'-bye February, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Had a fun Saturday at the Georgia Dome. The Supercross was excellent. Instead of a very expensive cab ride from the Petro, I took MARTA. What a cultural experience that was!

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Not sure I'd call it a shakedown,Guido, but that's our Field Safety Liaison, Terry O'Connell. He regularly performs inspections of vehicles in the FECC fleet. He did one on ours at that same location. Not sure if he's aware that Turtle's on the payroll, though.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why plate your vehicle in Mi if you live in Ohio? Just wondering.

My primary address is in California. My secondary address is in Michigan. I hang at both addresses from time to time. I don't live in Ohio anymore. I gotta get my plates in Michigan so I can drive the van back east. The current plates are expired and I am not paying Calibankruptfornia 800 dollars to register my truck when I can do it in michigan for under 200.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Sittin at the "J" in Peru Ill waitin for the phone to ring...Can't complain about Feb, had a pretty good month with both milrs and income....Oh the weather is cold, but no snow or ring..roads including I-80 are just fine...

guido4475

Not a Member
My primary address is in California. My secondary address is in Michigan. I hang at both addresses from time to time. I don't live in Ohio anymore. I gotta get my plates in Michigan so I can drive the van back east. The current plates are expired and I am not paying Calibankruptfornia 800 dollars to register my truck when I can do it in michigan for under 200.

CALIBANKRUPTFORNIA----now that's funny, I dont care who you are.Thanks for the early am laugh.I'd say what happened while I was laughing, but the Modsquad is watching..LOL.

guido4475

Not a Member
Not sure I'd call it a shakedown,Guido, but that's our Field Safety Liaison, Terry O'Connell. He regularly performs inspections of vehicles in the FECC fleet. He did one on ours at that same location. Not sure if he's aware that Turtle's on the payroll, though.

Wow.Imagine that. I can see where it would be a good thing, though. I have seen some trucks from some other cos that look like they wouldnt get into Mexico, they were so negleted.I have to admit, I have never seen a unkept Fed-Ex truck that I can remember.