load 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
From what I've heard, Load 1 would be my first choice if I was looking at expediting:)
BTW I see a Load 1 straight sitting in a driveway on Washington Center Road in Fort Wayne nearly everytime I drive by, either they are off or not very busy

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That is 384, Fortwayne that posts on here! He runs pretty strong.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I try my best! Greg, 384, is actually one of the 5 company straight trucks. The sad part is I just finished golf league and I am sitting here at the club house bar eating and replying!

PS, I am so not a good golfer!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I try my best! Greg, 384, is actually one of the 5 company straight trucks. The sad part is I just finished golf league and I am sitting here at the club house bar eating and replying!

PS, I am so not a good golfer!

Practice makes perfect:)

fortwayne

Not a Member
Dakota - Just to let you know I stop in whenever I am in the area to check on my folks there on Washington Center and the truck is alot safer there than our seedy little truck stop in town.

I get back about every 2-3 weeks and stay for a few days, that's the nice thing about Load-1 they believe in getting the drivers home every couple of weeks if you want to and that works out for me.

So, when someone at Load-1 tells you that we run hard - I can tell you that the fact is, if you want to run hard - gosh darn it they can run you hard.

But, when you NEED to get home, when you NEED a break - they can meet your need there to and that is why it has been a pleasure working with this group.

So Dakota, when you decide to consider making a move, drop me a line - we can meet for some coffee.........

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Re: load 1 yes finally found a place i can HOME

Well i finally found a place to call home and yes i might have said that a long time ago about express 1 but LOAD 1 GOT it all together great folks here in dispatch as for names will not mention but they know who they are as for down stairs in admin WOW you walk in the door there is several smiling faces to greet you and as for the man himself well great guy john vince & brian and i owe these guys a big steak dinner if i ever get rolling again

out in the shop great bunch of guys as well and the drivers tractors straight and vans yes a good bunch of fellows yes I CAN FINALLY SAY I HAVE FOUND MY HOME TO SEE MY DAYS OUT that i can grow like this company is ..

ps As for wombat truck wow there is a santa claus in heaven or a fairy god trucker mother as for easy installment payment plan i will look around for a

pineapple with a bite or uuum a bang to it 2/4 reg B company australian army or recon usa marines
be great to get rolling again like the song ON THE ROAD AGAIN
WOMBAT

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I'm glad you guys found your way to Load One LLC. John Elliott is one of the nice people in the world. I wish you guys the best of luck with Load One LLC because you will be happy there. Vince, Ken, Chuck, Jeremey and Brian are some really great people at Load One and like to keep the trucks moving. Ask Wombat who started out in Expediting with me as my co driver many years ago.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
come on give him a break, he only tipped one truck over. it was a tired old thing and he just decided to lay it down for a rest but he dropped it on the way down. lol OVM i cant believe you left big red but i think you will be much happier, best of luck to you.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I just need to hire a translator to understand Wombat better! LOL.

Hey Wombat, thank for the lottery tickets, I won $2 so I have to roll that over for a million dollar winner. Reinvest time!

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
I spoke to a recruiter (Brian Welsh) at the Expo who seemed natural and honest, as did the one I spoke to from Tri-State. I recall him saying they rarely go past the Mississippi, they do go up in Canada quite a bit, but the thing that impressed me is that he said they pay a $50 layover per day even on weekends if they can't find you a load. I'm new to otr expediting, but hearing of people complaining about sitting for long periods of time, this sounded like a good benefit to me. I was thinking of trying to get on with them when I got my stuff together enough to be able to buy a van.

Btw, are there regional differences where individual carriers run? For instance, are there carriers that would run you around in the West more? I ask this because I'd like to see that area of the US at some point. I realize a lot of freight runs in the Midwest, and all carriers will run there as well.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well that will be changing very soon. We will be announcing a new formal policy within the next week. We are going to increase straight trucks to 75 per day. We are also going to pay a maximum of 2 days per incident. This will include weekends and holidays, unless the unit is within 200 miles of home domicile, and does not turn a load offer down.

We think this will give us one of the best programs out there. As well it helps to keep the operations team focused on turning wheels. This will be a direct expense for the company. So obviously we want to minimize this expense. The only way to do that is to work hard at keeping our available units moving.

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Well that will be changing very soon. We will be announcing a new formal policy within the next week. We are going to increase straight trucks to 75 per day. We are also going to pay a maximum of 2 days per incident. This will include weekends and holidays, unless the unit is within 200 miles of home domicile, and does not turn a load offer down.

We think this will give us one of the best programs out there. As well it helps to keep the operations team focused on turning wheels. This will be a direct expense for the company. So obviously we want to minimize this expense. The only way to do that is to work hard at keeping our available units moving.
Thinks for the update,Mr Elliott.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I just need to hire a translator to understand Wombat better! LOL.

John,
He's easy to understand, glad he's at a good company.

By the way, what's with all these load-1 trucks. I am picking up in Southbend and nothing but Load-1 passing me up. I get into Toledo and nothing but Load-1 exiting all over the place. I'm coming home and even ... never mind that's my neighbor.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
John,
He's easy to understand, glad he's at a good company.

By the way, what's with all these load-1 trucks. I am picking up in Southbend and nothing but Load-1 passing me up. I get into Toledo and nothing but Load-1 exiting all over the place. I'm coming home and even ... never mind that's my neighbor.

Wow, I guess I don't have to have the fleet follow you around anymore!

Hopefully you are just seeing them more as the fleet grows and we are keeping them rolling vs parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.