load 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Dakota - Just to let you know I stop in whenever I am in the area to check on my folks there on Washington Center and the truck is alot safer there than our seedy little truck stop in town.

I get back about every 2-3 weeks and stay for a few days, that's the nice thing about Load-1 they believe in getting the drivers home every couple of weeks if you want to and that works out for me.

So, when someone at Load-1 tells you that we run hard - I can tell you that the fact is, if you want to run hard - gosh darn it they can run you hard.

But, when you NEED to get home, when you NEED a break - they can meet your need there to and that is why it has been a pleasure working with this group.

So Dakota, when you decide to consider making a move, drop me a line - we can meet for some coffee.........

I agree on the seedy little truck stop LOL, I spent my first night in Fort Wayne at the Motel 6 across the road, what a dump.
I've seen your truck parked there on Washington center a handful of times and think to myself, that's a hell of a street to back up into a driveway. The traffic there is always heavy.
I am happy with my local work, but if the need to get into "true" expediting ever comes I know where to look
Thanks

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I hear Express 1 is looking for drivers, since all the good drivers are leaving:rolleyes:

Saw a Load 1, tractor trailer today in Fort Wayne/US30

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I was in line at the bridge to go into Canada there was a Load 1 t/t a few lanes over from mine. I've seen their trucks a few times but no vans yet. John's truck looks really good in Load 1 colors.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What a refreshing thread. A lot of folks happy with their carrier.
"who woulda thunk"
Nice to see something genuine without alot of fluff and cheerleading bs.
I think some carriers (they know who they are) could take a page or two out of John's play book to improve their relations with drivers.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
wow $2.00 at the moment even two dollars is a fortune let me know if you win the big one ok john bloody beauty mate 2 bucks can buy half a prawn down under by the way that a bloody tiny one one ok ,

but the BIG NEW IS WOMBAT WILL BE HITTING THE HIGHWAY AGAIN ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON WELL SURE HOPE SO

I KNOW the good folks upstairs will see to that well pizzahut supreme pizza will see to that lol or is this month the donuts month
but this is my last post as i will be to busy after tonight ( wednesday ) to post anymore i am that sure fingers x

wombat

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Seems like a great company so I put my application in. Hope all bodes well.:D I think it's time for a change!:rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Hmmm… had a look at Load 1 Summary of Safety Evaluation Areas (SEAs) . Looks like an intervention coming.
http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/CarrierOverview.asp?ais=&dot=1112473&WhichForm=safer

Lugnut,

Intervention are based on CSA numbers which are entirely different and not visible.

The most common trigger item for a currentInspection results for the last 24 months:

SAFER Web - Company Snapshot LOAD ONE LLC ONE LLC

As you can see we are far below the national average in every category.

As well, on the link you posted not that both our drivers and our equipment numbers are far below the threshold lines. As well we have a satisfactory review within the last two years. We did have two bad audits prior to that. Those are the biggest factors that contribute to the safety management number. These slowly diminish over a 7 year period. If you look at the more detailed quarterly numbers you will see that. You can also dig in there and review what I think is the truest indicator of safety, the accident ration per million miles. Our numbers are extremely low.

Thanks for your concern. CSA is going to be a game changer. I am a little worried as they keeping changing the rules and regrouping carriers. The only area of real concern right now to me is unsafe driving. This is the area for drivers speeding tickets, improper lane change and seat belt use. This is an area that will hit alot of carriers. Under the new system a driver getting a ticket for no seat belt or improper lane change is more points than a speeding ticket. What used to be a "better" ticket may have less points on an mvr, but will be more points for the driver and the carrier on CSA.

guido4475

Not a Member
I am extremely impressed by the fact of seeing Mr Elliot interacting so much with us on here, this is a great thing, him being on our level, instead of putting himself so high above us, he cant relate to us.Like Dave KC said, it is nice to hear so many nice comments about a company, from so many, for a change.I have considered coming over there, if they would have me, but at the same time,I realize that ASE has not given me any reason to leave them.So far, I am happy here.But if things change, then I hope to be able to come over to Mr.Elliot's empire..lol.It is such a refreshing thing to see an owner of a company take time out of his busy schedule to chat with us, and keep on top of things.I have met both Vince personally, and John through pm's, and I can say they are top-notch guys as well as the whole company.A true success story.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd like to thank a certain dispatcher..John can hunt her down and give her that employee of the month award in my opinion...she called me from home no less, the customer finallt got back to her and she arranged some extra time in the run out of concern for safety....never in my career have I had a dispatcher take the job home with them like this.....KUDOS!!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Guido, Thank you for the compliments. We would always love to have you onboard, but I will say that Spencer and Sherri at ASE are both really good people.

OvM, I am guessing you are talking about Caryn? If so send me a pm or post a message and I will personally relay the compliments.

Everyone else....Thank You. This is a great site with a lot of good people. I have enjoyed posting on here and getting to know a lot of you. I have learned a number of things and I hope that getting the corporate side from people like myself has helped to give all of you additional insight.

Best of all, I won Panther golf balls at a customer golf outing today, lol! The way I go through golf balls these are always needed.

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
It's not so bad being an alarmist> However I feel one should UNDERSTAND everything they know about a subject before crying woof. It is you'll find, tuff to pick crap with those of us that DO understand.

You make innuendo that I do not understand scores from Safety Evaluation Areas issued by the FMCSA.
I consider the SEA scores for Load One … high.
In a SEA score carrier comparative environment their score is not average. Not opinion, just fact.
Lastly, while you may not feel I have the rectitude to comment, your post says little about your credentials to criticize me.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guido, Thank you for the compliments. We would always love to have you onboard, but I will say that Spencer and Sherri at ASE are both really good people.

OvM, I am guessing you are talking about Caryn? If so send me a pm or post a message and I will personally relay the compliments.

Everyone else....Thank You. This is a great site with a lot of good people. I have enjoyed posting on here and getting to know a lot of you. I have learned a number of things and I hope that getting the corporate side from people like myself has helped to give all of you additional insight.

Best of all, I won Panther golf balls at a customer golf outing today, lol! The way I go through golf balls these are always needed.

John, You might need to check your bag. I lost my Balls while I was at Panther !!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Pretty soon everyone on here will be with Load 1. We will have to rename it Load 1 online ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.