January 2011 Location

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
West Memphis Petro for the night...took a shower, had 4 soft tacos from the Taco Bell acros the street (thank you Amonger) now its time for bed, then up in the morning and finish my run to Laredo....

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
ChrisGa wrote:

Got to love those weekend runs! Congrats!!

thank you. :) I was getting worried this week was gonna be a bust when this January I been doing good getting lucky and staying busy. I defiantly wasn't looking forward to sitting all weekend. I get depressed when I do it . Kinda like cabin fever I guess haha !!

But 375 miles down. Gonna take a nap and try to knock out 800+ miles tomorrow.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
At home in Florida again.
A great January. 10795 miles. Over 15K gross. And home for 2 - 3 day weekends.
Sure is nice to be out of the snow. High today will be 71.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Left the West Memphis TA this morning about 0800 and took off to run straight into Laredo, getting there I figured around 1900...got down to Prescott Ark and decided at the last minute to stop at the TA there and top off the gas tank... As I topped the exit ramp, I could see Gracie & Jack Berrys van sitting in the ft lot. As I drove past it I noticed it was all closed up for a good nights sleep. So as i filled the tank i was writing a little "sticky note" to stick on the drivers window when I seen jack get out and open the hood doin that "pre-trip"... so after I went inside to ga my purchase run on the 2nd chance swipe i went out and Gracie was out so i drove over to say HI...

We talked a bit and i told them i was headin to Laredo...well both Gracie and Jack are "foodies" as I am and they suggested "Willies Place" in Carls Corner for a great Salmon dinner...Now i have beem to Willies Place, but never too eat..(but the music and beverages are good then late at night) :D

So a quick chance to the GPS and its a early dinner at Willies!!

Thanks for the suggestion Mr & Mrs Berry!! It was good to see you both again...And Keep Breathing better Jack!! :)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We are in Independence, Missouri. We made the move to Load1 two weeks ago and have been running basically nonstop. We are very happy that we made the move.

Went to have the oil changed in our '09 Western Star C13 Truck. Found bearing in the oil pan. We are going to ask dispatch to get us toward home so we can get it in the repair shop by home. Don't have funds to stay in a hotel while the repairs are done.

Currently at the Petro on 70 Oak Grove, MO.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Roadking wrote:

We made the move to Load1 two weeks ago and have been running basically nonstop. We are very happy that we made the move.

Tracy & Laura, glad the move has been good for you 2...sorry to hear about the truck, lets hope it ain't down too long...and how is that new grand baby doin?? and the chef too, how is he??

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Chef Dennis,

The new grand baby is doing great! We got a text yesterday with a small video of her. That is the part I miss about being on the road is being there to watch the grand babies change day to day. Jade was born August 26th, Cameron was born Dec. 2nd both 2010. They both grown considerably when we made it home for Christmas. We did find out that Jade will be having a new sibling about the time of her first birthday.

Joseph, our chef, is doing well. He is taking 6 classes this semester. He impressed us with his grades last semester. This kid, I always had a hard time getting him to apply himself, until he got into his chef training class that is, his Junior Year. He is actually very intelligent, but couldn't understand why he had to take test to prove it. He had a low gpa because he just refused to do homework. He would say I know how to do it, that is enough. He always did well on his test, just didn't do the work.
Although since fifth grade he didn't pass an English course the first time around. He would always say "I speak English every day isn't that enough?" He would have to take English via a correspondence course, which are always much easier than a regular course. At any rate he passes Comp. 1 with a "C", awesome for him, and he got a 3.1 for the semester. So that is great since he never had over a 1.5 in high school. I wasn't sure about sending him to college, but he is loving it and doing a good job, so far.

He is the youngest of 8 and I didn't have the stregnth or energy to fight him. I just let him know he would live with his actions or lack of actions. He seems to understand the importance of the grades now. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for asking Dennis.

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Sitting at the Phillips 66 in Galesburg off 74...just enjoying the scenery.Nice day today...sunny and in high 30's.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Got a load tonight, so now we are on the road, picking up in Centralia, MO dropping in Rockville, Maryland and second drop in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. That is a 965 mile run.

Just before getting the run dispatch had just told me that we most likely wouldn't get out of Missouri until Monday. 20 minutes later he calls and says well guess I lied, got you going to Maryland.

Gotta love it. We have run all but 2 days since starting with Load1. Thank you, thank you!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went to have the oil changed in our '09 Western Star C13 Truck. Found bearing in the oil pan.

Do you really think you should be running the truck? I'd have it in the shop immediately if something like that was found. How was it found? Was it up against the drain hole and could be seen well enough to identify it?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
if a bearing was found in oil pan,you should be having an engine noise,and if you drive it can do severe damage,and loose the warantee

guido4475

Not a Member
Do u honestly think that i give a S*** about ur opinion? The only thing you seem to do any good at is get on here and belittle what I post.

But Falligator, it makes absolutely no business sense what you are doing!! Deadheading home after a load,to the office,etc,after each load, instead of letting dispatch do their job!!! But yet, you continually complain about the company, saying how bad they suck, when, in all honesty, you are the problem,with youre deadheading, that is the problem!!! Not the company!!

guido4475

Not a Member
The big difference between Load 1 and Bolt Express right now is that Load 1 has 2 vans on the way down there for Monday morning and none sitting there right now. Bolt Express has almost 10 vans headed down there in the next 3 days and quite a few already sitting there waiting for loads. The deck is less stacked for Load 1 right now. That in turn should make it easier for the Load 1 guys to get moving on Monday!

I got 2 more weeks of off and on dental procedures and i'm going to get my new insurance and be back to work full time with Demaris and some other companies. I'm gonna come and take all of the Load 1 guys freight by coming in at just over 90 cpm! The undercutter always gets the load chaps!

I hope y'all stay safe out there and we will be keeping a close eye on Chef to see if he can do better out of Laredo than Guido did. And if he does, I am going to gently bump my van up against his for some good luck paint pieces!

A prime example of why freight rates are in the toilet...

guido4475

Not a Member
Ya know, even after sitting in Laredo for 9 days, it came out to 3 weeks of work this month..and I still hit $7,000 !!!! not bad, at all...So who's to complain? Way to go,Load One!! Remember, this was January numbers, so I am happy!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was in Ft Wayne for a few hours yesterday, parked right next to some Load 1 guy. But when I awoke he was gone. I was looking forward to getting his opinion of my new quick-change Möet Mö-öut high pressure shower head. Oh, well, maybe next time. :D

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Just got into Laredo..drove by my delivery....there was a supervisor there and another guy...they unloaded me today instead of making me come back in the morning...:D

So ran to the TA to fill up the gas tank and get a shower...the line just to swipe the ultra card had 8 guys in , soo I'll shower later tonight ...headin to Logans for dinner in a little bit!

There has to be 25 CV's at the "J" and 20-30 ST's at the TA..:rolleyes:

Now for dispatch to work their magic and get me out...:D