January 2011 Location

guido4475

Not a Member
I was in Ft Wayne for a few hours yesterday, parked right next to some Load 1 guy. But when I awoke he was gone. I was looking forward to getting his opinion of my new quick-change Möet Mö-öut high pressure shower head. Oh, well, maybe next time. :D

You know it was me who you parked next to.I was waiting for you to come out of youre "shell,"but was informed you hibernate in youre van and dont come out much.."unsocialable" was a word heard...lol.. And I wont knock on anybody's van or truck unless I see them in the seat.

But then I was admiring youre bald front tires, and wondering how someone can give such correct advice to people,but yet run bald front tires in the winter.I went as far as to take a picture of them,but do not know how to post it on here, but figured I'd just let it be at this....lol..

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
Delivered in SC, now on our way home to NC for a few days.

Everyone take care out there with the coming storm.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
sitting in dallas tx waiting for that next big phone call it was a great weekend sunny 84 degs and not a single snow flake to be seem ye ha today ( monday ) well cloudy cooler but still ok for shorts to be worn ,
but saw on weather .com big storm coming into tx and surrounding states .be careful out there ok
wombat :)

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
good morning
im in Buffalo NY... at home.... picking up around 1300 and heading to Montreal.... weather permitting of course.
and speaking of the weather....... here is a FB page called..... Road Talk.. it has been very very good at keeping us updated on road stuffs going on.....

Road Talk | Facebook

hope everyone stays safe out there..... and always remember
NO FRIEGHT IS WORTH YOUR LIFE

btw....... erieDawg..... nice bike. :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You know it was me who you parked next to.
Yes, I know, but it's not really my place to run around publicly stating where other EO members are parked.

I was waiting for you to come out of youre "shell,"but was informed you hibernate in youre van and dont come out much.."unsocialable" was a word heard...lol.. And I wont knock on anybody's van or truck unless I see them in the seat.
I didn't see you up in the cab area when I pulled up, otherwise I'd have knocked. I cover my windows not to be unsociable, but either for privacy to sleep, like I did Saturday, or because I'm usually nekkid when I'm parked and there's no need to put entire truck stops through that. If you knock, whether I'm asleep or nekkid, I'll get up and put some clothes on and say hi.

But then I was admiring youre bald front tires, and wondering how someone can give such correct advice to people,but yet run bald front tires in the winter.I went as far as to take a picture of them,but do not know how to post it on here, but figured I'd just let it be at this....lol..
Thanks. I really appreciate the assumption that both front tires are bald, which they are not. The left front has 7/32 on it.

So does the right one, but the right one has (or rather had) a malfunctioning valve stem that resulted in me losing about 10 lbs per week (not that I should have to explain myself to your or anyone else). When I arrived in Ft Wayne I ran by a tire place to have them look at it, which they did, but said it would be a couple of hours before they could get to it. No problem, I'll go the truck stop and sleep for a while, since I've been driving all night, and I'll come back later Saturday afternoon, which I did. I had them put the very worn spare on there until they could fix the other tire. So I also really appreciate you making the assumption that I would run bald tires in the winter and that the right front tire(s) had been on there for more than a few hours.

But most of all, I appreciate you making uninformed and incorrect assumptions and then showing such a high level of class in posting those assumptions in public. What a Class Act. You're my hero.

In the meantime, I'm traveling from Detroit to Kansas City in this crap, something that would be quite impossible on bald tires. I've pulled over in LaSalle, IL for two reasons, neither of which has to do with my bald spare tire. I got tired of driving at night in whiteout conditions that looks like a bedsheet over my windshield, and because they closed I-80.

Benzoid

Seasoned Expediter
... but the right one has (or rather had) a malfunctioning valve stem that resulted in me losing about 10 lbs per week....

I wish I could loose 10lbs a week, but that's another subject.

Be safe out there. I'm in my somewhat warm office glad that I'm just a bit too far north for this storm to get me ;)

guido4475

Not a Member
Yes, I know, but it's not really my place to run around publicly stating where other EO members are parked.

I didn't see you up in the cab area when I pulled up, otherwise I'd have knocked. I cover my windows not to be unsociable, but either for privacy to sleep, like I did Saturday, or because I'm usually nekkid when I'm parked and there's no need to put entire truck stops through that. If you knock, whether I'm asleep or nekkid, I'll get up and put some clothes on and say hi.

Thanks. I really appreciate the assumption that both front tires are bald, which they are not. The left front has 7/32 on it.

So does the right one, but the right one has (or rather had) a malfunctioning valve stem that resulted in me losing about 10 lbs per week (not that I should have to explain myself to your or anyone else). When I arrived in Ft Wayne I ran by a tire place to have them look at it, which they did, but said it would be a couple of hours before they could get to it. No problem, I'll go the truck stop and sleep for a while, since I've been driving all night, and I'll come back later Saturday afternoon, which I did. I had them put the very worn spare on there until they could fix the other tire. So I also really appreciate you making the assumption that I would run bald tires in the winter and that the right front tire(s) had been on there for more than a few hours.

But most of all, I appreciate you making uninformed and incorrect assumptions and then showing such a high level of class in posting those assumptions in public. What a Class Act. You're my hero.

In the meantime, I'm traveling from Detroit to Kansas City in this crap, something that would be quite impossible on bald tires. I've pulled over in LaSalle, IL for two reasons, neither of which has to do with my bald spare tire. I got tired of driving at night in whiteout conditions that looks like a bedsheet over my windshield, and because they closed I-80.

This was part of a pm sent to me..quite humourous..

Problem is, I remember reading some of Turtle'sold posts a few months ago where Turtle repeatedly states he NEVER carries a spare tire in his Sprinter. He said on several ocassions that he tossed it out as a weight-saving measure in order to increase the cargo weight he could carry. Turtle went so far as to say he would call Road Service if he ever had a flat tire. He's so fullof BS he should carry toilet paper in bulk! Keep on busting his chops. The man doesn't seem to think anyone on EO has a memory.

Youre excuse about the shape of youre so-called spare is actually somewhat believeable, but judging from the condition of youre other 3 tires,I find the valve stem story a pretty good example of B.S.

Nice Try...lol

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This was part of a pm sent to me..quite humourous..
Quite humorous, indeed.

The man doesn't seem to think anyone on EO has a memory.
You don't have to have a memory here on EO, all you have to have is the intelligence to use the search function here on EO. Clearly, whoever sent you that PM, or rather, whoever wrote it might be the more accurate phrase, is astoundingly stupid.

If you do use the search function, you will not find a single post by me, much less "on several ocassions (sic)" saying that I tossed the spare as a weight saving measure. For one, it's simply not true, I never said such a thing. Two, to not have a spare in this business is stupid because in the event of a flat tire with no spare you could not only lose the load, but you could be held financially responsible for the cost to recover the freight. Three, Road Service would be less than useless because very few tire stores, much less road service companies, normally stock the correct size and brand tires for my Sprinter, as they have to order them which takes 2-3 days, so calling Road Service would not solve a flat tire problem if there is no spare to put on the vehicle. Four, I have AAA, which I have stated numerous times, and would never use the term "Road Service" to indicate who I would call for road service.

I DARE you to find any such post my me, even one of them, where I said I got rid of my spare tire for any reason, much less as a weight-saving measure. So your nifty partial PM from Mr. Holier Than Thou isn't just BS, it's a stone-cold load of crap. Which shouldn't be a shock, considering the source.

Youre excuse about the shape of youre so-called spare is actually somewhat believeable,
Do you think I really give a rаt's аss about whether or not you think it's believable? I don't. But you're blatant attempt at character assassination here (also known as libel) has real life consequences, and you should seriously consider them before you continue.

but judging from the condition of youre other 3 tires,I find the valve stem story a pretty good example of B.S.
Oh, so now you're bringing the rear tires into this fictional play? Fine. Post the pictures then. Of all four tires since you brought the other three into it. You won't, because you can't. You can't even post pictures of the front two tires.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Quite humorous, indeed.

You don't have to have a memory here on EO, all you have to have is the intelligence to use the search function here on EO. Clearly, whoever sent you that PM, or rather, whoever wrote it might be the more accurate phrase, is astoundingly stupid.

If you do use the search function, you will not find a single post by me, much less "on several ocassions (sic)" saying that I tossed the spare as a weight saving measure. For one, it's simply not true, I never said such a thing. Two, to not have a spare in this business is stupid. Three, Road Service would be less than useless because very few tire stores, much less road service companies, normally stock the correct size and brand tires for my Sprinter, as they have to order them which takes 2-3 days, so calling Road Service would not solve a flat tire problem if there is no spare to put on the vehicle. Four, I have AAA, which I have stated numerous times, and would never use the term "Road Service" to indicate who I would call for road service.

I DARE you to find any such post my me, even one of them, where I said I got rid of my spare tire for any reason, much less as a weight-saving measure. So you nifty partial PM from Mr. Holier Than Thou isn't just BS, it's a stone-cold load of crap. Which shouldn't be a shock, considering the source.

Do you think I really give a rаt's *** about whether or not you think it's believable? I don't. But you're blatant attempt at character assassination here (also known as libel) has real life consequences, and you should seriously consider them before you continue.

Oh, so now you're bringing the rear tires into this fictional play? Fine. Post the pictures then. Of all four tires since you brought the other three into it. You won't, because you can't. You can't even post pictures of the front two tires.

Are you threatening me? Ask yourself if this is a road you actually want to go down with me before you continue.And continue to hide behind the computer as well,naked in youre Shell..lol.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are you threatening me? Ask yourself if this is a road you actually want to go down with me before you continue.And continue to hide behind the computer as well,naked in youre Shell..lol.
No, I'm not threatening you. I'm stating simple facts: libel has serious real life consequences. I'm asking you to prove the the claims you are making, because the burden of proof is on the one who made up the claim. And considering you have your carrier's logo hanging off of your libelous posts, you're putting them at risk, as well. Apparently you think you can do and say whatever you like without having to deal with any consequences. You're wrong.

As for hiding behind the computer, that's laughably absurd, considering how easy I am to get a hold of, to find, and how the pictures I have posted of my van make it insanely easy to identify my van at a glance. True enough, I don't have my name printed below the window on my driver's side door as you do, but my front license plate is the exact same picture as my EO avatar, making it easy for even people like you to find me in a crowd.

So, once again, show me one post where I stated that I got rid of my spare tire for any reason, much less for the one stated above, and post the pictures you claim to have of my tires. The burden of proof is on you, and if you fail to produce both, then you are lying, which can have consequences.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ok guys. Chill a bit. I remember a post like that, but I believe it was Dave talkin about possibly doin it on one of his builds to make weight.

Deep breaths before typin!

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok guys. Chill a bit.
People lie these days as a matter of course. That's bad enough, but when they make up stuff and lie about me, we've got a problem, especially when it's a lie designed to damage a reputation.

I remember a post like that, but I believe it was Dave talkin about possibly doin it on one of his builds to make weight.
Piper, in this thread from October '09, stated that he got rid of everything he didn't need, including his spare. Someone asked Dave in another thread from May of '08 if he carried a spare, but he never addressed it one way or the other in any of his later replies. There was also a discussion of where to get a used tire for a spare and whether or not the DOT says you have to have one regarding an inspection. But other than in a weight loss dieting thread, no one else has mentioned losing a spare tire.

Other than the fact that I know I never said it, the search function really and truly works here on EO, which is why I know for an absolute certainty that Guido or his imaginary PMer will not be able to back up the whole, "I remember reading some of Turtle'sold posts a few months ago where Turtle repeatedly states he NEVER carries a spare tire in his Sprinter," nonsense. He won't be able to find where I said it even once, much less where I stated it repeatedly. I also know that he will be unable to produce pictures of more than just the one right front bald tire that was on the vehicle for a few hours, since having a picture of a left front bald tire on my van is an absolute impossibility. Nor does he have pictures showing bald tires on the rear of the van.

He made this crap up in an attempt solely to make me look bad, to damage my reputation. If that's not a personal attack, I don't know what is.

Guido should either produce the proof to back up his lies, or admit to them and his uninformed assumptions, and apologize here in public the same way he has tried to damage me here in public. I suspect he won't do either.

Funny thing is, there are several people on this forum who know me and know just how anal I am about my tire tread depth, and a few of them laugh at me and think I'm silly for getting new tires long before DOT minimums are approached. Ironically, I've mentioned my views on tread depth more than once here. My views haven't changed at all.

What ticks me off, though, is I'm having to defend myself based on one puerile individual's faulty assumptions and lies. Deep breaths, indeed.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
People lie these days as a matter of course. That's bad enough, but when they make up stuff and lie about me, we've got a problem, especially when it's a lie designed to damage a reputation.

Lie? Sorry, I just called it as I saw it.I was actually amazed you would run like that, bing as how knowledgeable you are about vans, etc.I was surprised.And yes, the other 3 were not far behind.I am sorry that I am not as knowedgeable as most on here as far as how to post the pictures, but if you want I can send them to youre phone, if that makes you feel better.Actually, I am getting bored and tired of this, and have better things to do, more constructive with my time, so I am looking at putting this to bed.Damage a reputation? Not really, that was not my intention at all.Just to point out a subject.And if all this were not true, then why are you getting so upset to begin with?

Piper, in this thread from October '09, stated that he got rid of everything he didn't need, including his spare. Someone asked Dave in another thread from May of '08 if he carried a spare, but he never addressed it one way or the other in any of his later replies. There was also a discussion of where to get a used tire for a spare and whether or not the DOT says you have to have one regarding an inspection. But other than in a weight loss dieting thread, no one else has mentioned losing a spare tire.

Other than the fact that I know I never said it, the search function really and truly works here on EO, which is why I know for an absolute certainty that Guido or his imaginary PMer will not be able to back up the whole, "I remember reading some of Turtle'sold posts a few months ago where Turtle repeatedly states he NEVER carries a spare tire in his Sprinter," nonsense. He won't be able to find where I said it even once, much less where I stated it repeatedly. I also know that he will be unable to produce pictures of more than just the one right front bald tire that was on the vehicle for a few hours, since having a picture of a left front bald tire on my van is an absolute impossibility. Nor does he have pictures showing bald tires on the rear of the van.

I never said the rear tires were bald.You just did.I cut and copied and pasted or whatever the pm I got from a freind on here of what he said, and will not reveal his name, to protect him form this argument.

He made this crap up in an attempt solely to make me look bad, to damage my reputation. If that's not a personal attack, I don't know what is.

This was not and is not a personal attack.This was about youre tires.A personal attack would be something about you, as a person, not youre tires.

Guido should either produce the proof to back up his lies, or admit to them and his uninformed assumptions, and apologize here in public the same way he has tried to damage me here in public. I suspect he won't do either.

Like I said, I tried to figure out how to post the pictures, and was unable to figure out how to, but what difference would it make? I dont care what anybody says about me, a s long as it is the truth,the same truth That I ahve posted on here about this.

Funny thing is, there are several people on this forum who know me and know just how anal I am about my tire tread depth, and a few of them laugh at me and think I'm silly for getting new tires long before DOT minimums are approached. Ironically, I've mentioned my views on tread depth more than once here. My views haven't changed at all.

If this is youre feelings towards tire tread depth, great! As to why I couldnt understand what I saw, spare or not.I replace my tires prematurely as well, to help avoid picking up small srews, etc, and re-sell the old ones for around 100 dollars for the 4.

What ticks me off, though, is I'm having to defend myself based on one puerile individual's faulty assumptions and lies. Deep breaths, indeed.

I will remain to be brutally honest, as I always have been, which I have been acused of being from others.And I know I am not liked on here by everyone, for being this way, which is fine, I guess.But I would rather be the real me than a fake person, trying to impress others, this not meaning you, Mr.Turtle.

And as far as you bringing my company that I am leased to into this,youre are digging quite deep.Really.Their logo at the bottom of my posts is purely to show my pride to being leased to them, nothing to do with what I post.But if it makes you happy, I will take it off, but why should I? You are the first one to the best of my knowledge to bring that up.If John wants me to,I will take it off of there as well.

I apologize to anyone else I may have offended on here concerning all of this.

This is the end of this.

guido4475

Not a Member
Okay, so that didnt work, trying to be fancy and all, commenting on each part of a post.My responses to each part are still in blue! I told you I was computer illiterate! Oh well..lol..