It's Sad What Happened at FedEx CC

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I'm just a number. My customer keeps my number on the wall right in front of her desk on the calender I had printed for her. I like being her number and be on her wall. My number has been on her wall for a couple of years now and hope I remain her number one number on her number one wall.;)

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Maybe they just need to paint the wall, and they're gonna put them back? :D

I hope not. I send her and the rest of the girls 25 calenders a year but I better check on the paint. If it goes to that I will volunteer to paint it for them. They all have magnet calenders for the fridge and stickem's for the cars. Flowers at birthdays and party's at Christmas which is around the corner.:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I will go with Phil's thinking in that one doesn't have to be with a carrier to observe or understand certain events.
In the interest of eliminating hearsay, it would be beneficial for those concerned for you to describe the "different form" coming in the future.

What I am not understanding is why someone from Landstar and with Panther would care about FedEx Custom Critical's policy about longevity?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What I am not understanding is why someone from Landstar and with Panther would care about FedEx Custom Critical's policy about longevity?

Maybe because they are former contractors or know some that are still there? I am not understanding what you are being so defensive about? I don't personally have a dog in the fight unless they want a photo of me for the Fedex dartboard.:D
You stated they have a "new form".
May want to go up and address Phil's post so you eliminate the need for "hearsay" that you complained about earlier.
Unless of course the people outside the wall know more than the ones within? Which is what this thread looks like at the moment.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Defensive? I asked a simple question why the interest from former FedEx contractors and why they are still interested in this wall.

What does Panther and Landstar have for longevity?

The question on this wall will be unveiled by FedEx not by me to the contractors.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would read Phil's posts. I think he explained his reason. I could care less actually. My comments are directed at your post concerning your complaint of hearsay. If you can't explain it, yet you state you know what they are doing, well.......you are going to get hearsay. Nothing complicated.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

I explained it above in response to scotm4211's inquiry. Having had time to think about this more and talk it over with Diane, my answer remains the same.

Interest in a company does not cease when you leave it. I once served in the Army and then got out. My interest in and concerns about the Army did not cease when I left. So too with every job I have ever had.

I was once a proud FedEx Custom Critical contractor. Diane and I have dozens and dozens of great stories to tell and memories to cherish from our time there (along with some not so great). The years we spent there and the relationships built are part of who we are today, even though we now haul freight with another carrier. Stuff like that doesn't just get turned off like a switch when you leave a company, nore would I want it to be.

I ask again the questions posted here. They are legitimate questions, legitimately asked.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stopped in to get supplies.
Went to the mens room.
Not all names have been removed in Green.:D

ATeam

Retired Expediter

I do not know.

The question on this wall will be unveiled by FedEx not by me to the contractors.

Which then leaves the answer open to hearsay and speculation. That being the case, I will continue to believe that the longvity plaques on the wall outside the FedEx Custom Critical contractor training room have been taken down (a fact reported by others).

I will speculate that they will not be put back up and that they have allready been thrown in the trash.

Without additional information (facts), any alternative theories or opinions are no better than mine.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I haven't been to Green since August of 2008 so I don't know. I can understand what Phil is saying as the wall with owner and driver names was a good thing. It's very sad to see what was a great company as Roberts Express go down hill since FedEx corp took over the grand daddy company of the Expedite world. Fenway needs to buy Custom Critical before the company value goes down even more.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Is that why your old avatar was a picture of you wearing a paper bag over your head?
icon10.gif

Yes..Cant belive you remember that..
And another thing, they should stop faxing that picture to customers before delivery. It scares the hell out of them.

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Defensive? I asked a simple question why the interest from former FedEx contractors and why they are still interested in this wall.

Landstars wall (speaking from experience) is the Exit sign on the door. While parked at a truck stop in Indy a truck backed into me while I was inside eating. Long story short, They put the accident on my Dak report like it was my fault. That was 2004. Landstar cares about revenue period.:mad:

Monty

Expert Expediter

No clue about Panther .. but Landstar does have a reconigtion program.

I never expect to be a part of it .... but I'm more interested in the revenue. Since I am not an employee of Landstar, why should I expect them to pat me on the head and give me a gold star?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes..Cant belive you remember that..
And another thing, they should stop faxing that picture to customers before delivery. It scares the hell out of them.

I guess in this post 9/11 world the bag had to go. Maybe you could bring it out for Halloween.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Panther has a granite wall that stretches along Panther Parkway imbedded with precious metal plaques. Each plaque is laser engraved with the driver's name, portrait and years of service.*

A gold plaque represents 10 or more years of service. Silver is for 5-10 years service and bronze is for less than 5 years. In addition to each plaque the recipient receives such perks as; advancement to the head of the phone queue and first out dispatch over non-plaque drivers, a precious metal license plate frame with years of service laser engraved, a lifetime subscription to Panther Paws (company newspaper) and a laser engraved precious metal wheel chock key fob. A driver that dies while under load but still makes the delivery time will automatically be awarded platinum status and free QC for a year.

At Con-Way Now I got a jacket after 2 years and an extra 1½ percent of the linehaul charges after 5 years. In business, nothing shows appreciation better than money.

*A $5 weekly Plaque Owner's Association fee is charged to each plaque recipient. The P.O.A. fee is waived for all platinum recipients.

Disclaimer: I have never been to Panther HQ, but I did hear about this wall from another contractor who's sister dated the dude that mows the lawn at Panther.

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
....but do you own shares of Panther?

Further, is that dated sister-lawnmowin' dude included in the "all-in" rate for a fleet owner at the Cat?

Enquiring minds wanna know....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What I am not understanding is why someone from FedEx Custom Critical would care about why someone from Landstar and from Panther would care about FedEx Custom Critical's policy about longevity, much less why someone at Load 1 would care about why someone from FedEx Custom Critical would care about why someone from Landstar and from Panther would care about FedEx Custom Critical's policy about longevity. I Don't Know. Third base!