It's Cold This Weekend! Where Are You?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Just wondering where you find yourself this icy cold weekend?
The high here in Metro Cincinnati is 19 degrees :(
Are you laying over in the truck? What's the tempature?
Are you at home with the heater cranked?

Reactions: 1 person

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm in Canada, again. "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

Spent last weekend 150 miles north of Toronto, on Georgian Bay, waiting to pick up a pre-dispatched load on Monday. That was fun. Was in South Carolina just long enough to get some sleep, then right back up outside Montreal. Had a nice little night time trip across the half-plowed mountain roads through the White Mountain National Forest then dropped south of Portsmouth and Kittery, then got a load to London, ON, delivered this morning. It's about 15 degrees here.

It's about 75 in the van, though. Espar heater.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We aren't too far from you. We are in Dayton, OH and the wind chill is 10 degrees! Burrrrrrr! Nice and warm in the truck but the generator is running constantly to keep us warm.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I came home to Akron from Indy last night .... was the closest I've been for the last two weeks and I needed to do some truck maintenance. Now I just gotta get off the couch and do it. :D

The temp is 20 and it feels like 4 with the wind. :eek:

prescat

Expert Expediter
I am here in frosty Central Oregon. It feels like about 40. (Not too bad for the area). Luckily we made it back across "The Pass" with decent weather.. ("Chains....we don't need no stinkin chains...") We've been running a lot of West Coast lately...not making a ton of money...but staying warm...and when we were freezing our *%$#s off in Salt Lake City and Denver, I could have kissed the Onan generator inventor!

Prescat/Fed Ex CC

Insert witty little saying here......

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
-30 ... yes, minus 30 fahrenheit.

Heading to Radisson (James Bay) sometime this week. Receiver will take the load whenever we arrive so will try to pick warm day... ha! -25 may be considered warm.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
From reading other posts I gues it's balmy 37* in Brick, NJ tomorrow we'll be in the teens.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
-30 ... yes, minus 30 fahrenheit.Heading to Radisson (James Bay) sometime this week. Receiver will take the load whenever we arrive so will try to pick warm day... ha! -25 may be considered warm.
Did he say 30 below Fahrenheit? Okay – you win! Stay warm.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I just transfered a load in Buffalo,that was going to Canada,was 20 degrees in Grand Island this morning,now I'm home,not much warmeer here,but much less snow.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm at home sitting in my tax deductible office. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the temperature is about 70 degrees. Outside, pretty much the same story except the temperature is -3 degrees. That's probably the high for the day. Not bad considering it was -19 degrees when I got up this morning.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
wife came down to visit at the j on 65 south of indy. 11 and minus 5. at home it is 1 and minus 28. still not minus 35f though. the apu is working great(knock knock). put the windshield drape up and had ice this morning. went to the back lot to keep the wind off the side of the rockin' box.

had a good blue cheese buger at cheese burger in paradise at the 103. hard to find and of course no big truck parking. very nice to have the quiet tdi again.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Been sitting south of Atlanta since yesterday morning. Yesterday...60 degrees and snowy/raining 35 degrees today. Nice and warm in the truck though. :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well I hate to say this but we are sitting in Gilroy CA with the windows down! No wind a really nice day but would rather be making money then sitting!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Well I hate to say this but we are sitting in Gilroy CA with the windows down! No wind a really nice day but would rather be making money then sitting!

Linda I want to be where you are! You're only 40 miles from my 5 yr old granddaughter

lisalewis

Seasoned Expediter
We are in Richmond, VA, sitting at a Pilot watching the snow falling. Its very pretty when you don't have to drive in it! Its probably 30 degrees or so outside.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
home in newport news va it is snowing here and might get 3'' to 6'' of snow
so if you are coming to hampton roads becareful
as they don't know how to drive in snow here
it's 32 here and have 1'' of snow on the ground street in front of the house snow is not sticking right now
so becareful and watch the over pass here