Is Obama scared? Racist?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That picture is pretty funny. Have you ever noticed that misinterpreted posts seem to climb with the fuel prices? Might be a reason for a government study.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
LDB's Post "Racist"???? C'mon people.....Sheeeez!!

Absolutely Ridiculous to even come up with that Opinion. But, considering who was the first to throw the "Assumption" that the post was "Racist", well, should say enough on why this "Racist" rant has gone on like it has.

Word of warning on using that "Exclamation Triangle" to Report a post that may offend you. A certain Moderator may Publish/Post your warning out here on the open board for all to see, and in Violation of TOS rules. You "Reporting" a post that offends you IS supposed to be a "PRIVATE" issue/manner that you wish to discuss with Admin and/or Mods, right??? Best bet is to just PM Admin and/or a Moderator that you Trust with your issue. (Dale is very FAIR!! He has Chewed me out/Warned/ Disciplined me in a PM, and Understood my Complaint in a PM)

witness23

Veteran Expediter
You know what's truly funny here? That a handful of members are allowed to post bigoted, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive comments and it is accepted behavior by the owners, admin, mods and those that are willing not to speak up about it.

Actually, it's pretty sad.

All you have to do is take a peek at recent threads that have been posted and the content of those threads to see that they would fit the above violations to a "T", including this thread. For everyone to be focused on the "Donkey" comment goes to show how entrenched this type of behavior is and how acceptable it has become.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
You know what's truly funny here? That a handful of members are allowed to post bigoted, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive comments and it is accepted behavior by the owners, admin, mods and those that are willing not to speak up about it.

Actually, it's pretty sad.

All you have to do is take a peek at recent threads that have been posted and the content of those threads to see that they would fit the above violations to a "T", including this thread. For everyone to be focused on the "Donkey" comment goes to show how entrenched this type of behavior is and how acceptable it has become.

I don't agree with everything people say here. Nice thing is i don't have to. This is the owners/admins sandbox. If I (or you) don't like it.. well.. It's not the only sand box on the internet.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well Dave, you are entitled to your opinion of course. There's a three letter word for one's butt that blanks out on the site. I used the six letter word for the animal that's also called the three letter word sometimes. If people don't like the suggestion that people put their butt/donkey/rear/tush etc in their car, a bus, a bicycle or their feet to get somewhere to get a valid ID so be it.

Leo,

I don't think the word Donkey was a good word to use for what you was trying to say. Other people was taking it as you was referring to Mexicans. We all know your a very strong Republican that speaks his mind on things. This why I try to stay out of the soap box and other peoples political views. I'm sorry for calling you a racist as I too misunderstood you're post. Please for give me as I was half awake and half asleep posting from my cell phone at the time of my post.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It wouldn't have mattered if he used some other word - some people just look for excuses to be offended.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I could care less about race. Good people come in every race. Trashy people come in every race. Who cares about race? I've never even heard of donkey equated with Mexican although I finally figured out that must be what the racists who were complaining were complaining about. I could care less and I won't be insulting anyone based on race. If and when I make a disparaging remark it will be directed toward the abject stupidity displayed by some, not anyone's race.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Voter fraud is a non-issue and just another "wedge" issue the Republicans are bringing to the forefront. Please, please, someone who claims that voter fraud is so rampant that additional laws have to be implemented to curb it, show us where their have been prosecutions of those that have committed voter fraud.

Maybe some are confusing voter fraud with election fraud. You know the old saying:

The power is not with the voters, but with those who count the votes.

Instead of focusing on immigrants, students and the elderly maybe the Reupublicans should turn their attention to those that count the votes. You do not have to look any further than the recent primaries to see the discrepencies after the votes have been cast.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Sorry, but not seeing most of these. "hateful" maybe, and "obscene" well, debatable.
As for voter fraud and election fraud, yes they are different but many people interchange them.
Both parties are just as bad as the other. Don't think for a minute it is only Republicans.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Voter fraud is a non-issue and just another "wedge" issue the Republicans are bringing to the forefront. Please, please, someone who claims that voter fraud is so rampant that additional laws have to be implemented to curb it, show us where their have been prosecutions of those that have committed voter fraud.

Maybe some are confusing voter fraud with election fraud. You know the old saying:
if it's a non-issue why are the democrats fighting it so hard?

As for convictions for voter fraud...

Minnesota Leads the Nation in Voter Fraud Convictions -- ST. PAUL, Minn., Oct. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Or..

Let me google that for you

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The truth hurts sometimes.

According to the article linked in ChefDennis' post, "voter fraud is an issue of concern to both sides of the political spectrum."
As it should be - any type of fraud causes damage to all of us, directly or indirectly.
Blaming it on those scumbag liberals, though, is evidence of a kneejerk ideology, rather than actual fact, and is convincing only to those who look no further for the truth.
Demonizing 'the other side' is largely responsible for the inability of Congress to get anything done the past few years - it needs to stop.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Definitely it's both sides but it's significantly more on the left. Sheila Jack&^% Lee's district is a prime example with 10 times the amount of questionable votes as the remaining left and right districts in the area. The truth hurts, especially if you are Sheila "Outraged" Lee, one of the least qualified of the 435.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
if it's a non-issue why are the democrats fighting it so hard?

As for convictions for voter fraud...

Minnesota Leads the Nation in Voter Fraud Convictions -- ST. PAUL, Minn., Oct. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

PoliGraph: Voter fraud claim inconclusive | Capitol View | Minnesota Public Radio

113 out of roughly 2.9 million voters, that's less than 1 percent. Furthermore:

Ramsey County Elections Manager Joe Mansky, who sits on the governor's special committee and is widely considered to be a state expert on voting, said that the vast majority of such cases involve people who have been convicted of a felony, are ineligible to vote, but do anyway.

"This is just individuals acting on their own, with imperfect information, no information," he said.

Even if the state implemented a picture I.D. policy, they still wouldn't have stopped felons from voting.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
PoliGraph: Voter fraud claim inconclusive | Capitol View | Minnesota Public Radio

113 out of roughly 2.9 million voters, that's less than 1 percent. Furthermore:

Don't forget.. our senate race was decided by a few hundred votes.. And those are just the ones that where caught.

dare I say..

With out photo ID people are unable to function normally in their lifes. they are unable to get a job, rent a home, cash a check, open a bank account, apply for welfare...

Again.. why is it a bad thing to require people to provide ID?

Last edited:

witness23

Veteran Expediter
No.. Democrats are fighting the laws tooth and nail. If it is a non-issue why fight it?

*sigh* Because there is no need for a voter ID law. Ask yourself this question, "If you are more likely to get struck by lightning than find an instance of voter fraud, why the need for it then?"

Did you read the paper in my other post?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
*sigh* Because there is no need for a voter ID law. Ask yourself this question, "If you are more likely to get struck by lightning than find an instance of voter fraud, why the need for it then?"

Did you read the paper in my other post?

No, voter fraud MUST be fought 100% of the time, by BOTH, parties. Why? The integrity of our elections is paramount to the survival of this Republic. Any person or political party that seeks to derail any reasonable means to further insure that integrity are suspect themselves and therefore cannot be trusted.

The voter registration roles should be vetted on a regular basis. All those wishing to participate in elections should have proper STATE ID. There really is no valid reason for anyone not to have it. It is easy to get and costs little if anything.

There is NO cost to the Federal Government for the States to takes these steps to help insure the integrity of the system. It is, in realty, none of their business. The States have the RIGHT to control elections, withing the confines of the Constitution, and the Federal Government has no legal standing to interfere in State issues. The fact that they are is further proof that this Administration has no regard for the Constitution OR States rights.