Flying J Files Bankruptcy

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm wondering how it will affect the TAB, which wasn't mentioned in the article.
And how many 'bailouts' the taxpayers will be expected to support.....:mad:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Wonder what happen to all that profit from the high prices and fuel heating issues they were doing?
They should absolutely be entitled to some bailout money.:rolleyes:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Moot :

Could be the start of yet another bailout!

Well not the "J", they filed BK as the GM, and Chysler should have bben made to but, I personally think you will see Private electric producing companies ask for the next big bailout. A hawaian held electric company that services several of the islands has filed for BK protection, and more then a few are very close to closing up. with all of the "nationalization" or "socialization" going on , they government might as well own the electric producers also, that way when obama puts all of his new regulations on them, he will just be screwing us another way!!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Kinda opened my eyes when they stopped paying the big buks for TAB account deposits.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Did they put a limit on them? We may be paying some of our drivers via the comdata or a direct check.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Dunno. I'ts a new deal. i jes been putting nuff to get by in for a while. Jes takes a couple minutes anyway.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well not the "J", they filed BK as the GM,

My reply was not specific to Flying J although the thread was J specific. My bailout reference was to the American oil industry in general and to some degree was in jest. At least I hope so!

You mention BK. I can see them and McDonald's, Wendy's, Arbys etc. also getting in line for bailout money. Hey when the lawsuits involving poor diets get some traction these guys will be hurting also.

Wake me up when money for ignorant, white, middle age bald guys becomes available. I want my cut!

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Not to worry, Bama's gonna spread the wealth around!! I figure within a year me and D. Trump will be sitting together at Mickey D's talking about Golfing together at this place he used to own.
Won't it be nice? No uppity ups, No better than thou's, Just a bunch of good ole' boys sitting around drinking and singing "thank-you OBAMA"! I might even write a song now so we'll have something to sing.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Flying J in Chapter 11? Wow! I didn't see that one coming. From the article it sounds more like a short-term cash crisis than a long-term, terminal debt burden. I don't expect to see the Flying J truck stops closing their doors. I think fuel, showers and that yummy food will still be available.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flying J in Chapter 11? Wow! I didn't see that one coming. From the article it sounds more like a short-term cash crisis than a long-term, terminal debt burden. I don't expect to see the Flying J truck stops closing their doors. I think fuel, showers and that yummy food will still be available.

Phil..I think we will see a few more of these surprise Chapter 11's before the dust settles...

I read a story XM radio only has enough cash till mid year...and thier only one good customer GM pulls the plug on thier sales promotion of free XM for 4 months.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yummy food? Flying J? Phil, either that was a really bad joke or you have been driving truck way tooooooo long! LOL!! I could NEVER use the term "yummy" for most truck stop food offerings with a straight face!! There are a few exceptions but they are few and far between. The "J" is not one of them. May you all have a Blessed Christmas and a profitable New Year. Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Had a friend call us that was going through Florida and stopped at three different J's and all had the fuel islands blocked off.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On their website a few stations are listed as "Supply Low" or "Supply Critical". Have not heard of any big refining outages (dunno if theirs is running).

I did notice the J in London ON has had the pumps out front re-branded as Shell (much like Ashtabula OH or like the Conoco branding).

Last edited: