February, the short month !!!!!!!!!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Rome wasn't built overnight. As we continue to grow in size along with that comes "growing pains" Yes mistakes will be made but that's part of what makes us who we are and what keeps us separate from the competition.

When adding staff to handle new roles in the company, it's a known fact a few mistakes will be made until everyone adjusts from handling business as usual to the new procedures set in place. There is always a small transition period that needs to take place. No need to take these mistakes personal, they are there for the health of the entire fleet. We are only as strong as our weakest link.

The idea of having someone around to help those new to Load 1 for their first 90 days and beyond is priceless. It gives them some direction and helps them to be successful. Starting at a new carrier is overwhelming. People are overloaded with information during orientation and much of it is not retained. It's awesome to have someone to fallback on and direct those where they need to be directed.

I think back almost 4 years ago when I started at Load 1 to what it was then and what it is now and what it will be in the future. When you look at how far we have come together as a TEAM and how far we will go together as a TEAM, it's amazing and easy to see we are in the right spot. I for one am very proud to be partnered with Load 1.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The info is coming over and I guess it is showing in fleetvision but the processor is not grabbing the return date info and populating the dispatch screens properly. Hoping they find the problem tomorrow. We aren't looking to waste time bussing people who filled out the macro correctly. I am hoping we get this fixed and drivers who are getting calls will start filling out the macro and the calls will be the exception.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Rome wasn't built overnight. As we continue to grow in size along with that comes "growing pains" Yes mistakes will be made but that's part of what makes us who we are and what keeps us separate from the competition.

When adding staff to handle new roles in the company, it's a known fact a few mistakes will be made until everyone adjusts from handling business as usual to the new procedures set in place. There is always a small transition period that needs to take place. No need to take these mistakes personal, they are there for the health of the entire fleet. We are only as strong as our weakest link.

The idea of having someone around to help those new to Load 1 for their first 90 days and beyond is priceless. It gives them some direction and helps them to be successful. Starting at a new carrier is overwhelming. People are overloaded with information during orientation and much of it is not retained. It's awesome to have someone to fallback on and direct those where they need to be directed.

I think back almost 4 years ago when I started at Load 1 to what it was then and what it is now and what it will be in the future. When you look at how far we have come together as a TEAM and how far we will go together as a TEAM, it's amazing and easy to see we are in the right spot. I for one am very proud to be partnered with Load 1.

That is exactly why we created that spot. If you think back to orientation you are inundated with a ton of information in a very short time. It is so hard to retain it all and make sure you are doing everything right. Drivers forget things and often times get really frustrated. With someone calling and following up with them weekly it helps to clear so many of these things up and gives them a resource to help transition in.

Trucking is a difficult and frustrating job. But if you can remove some of the simpler frustrations for new hires it hopefully helps them, operations and administration and reduces turnover. We also have done other things to try and help. For instance new hires complete Qualcomm training in class like you all did. But now they actually run a fake load down the block and back. This way they walk thru dispatch, navigation, all the macros and scanning in a real world environment. Also helps to make sure Qualcomm system is all up and running properly.

We have to look for good ways to get better all the time! No different than I have always tried too!

Happy anniversary to Eddie!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok....did someone send me a load? I have been out of service like ...forever.:cool:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Got rained on too. But much better than the alternative. No "polar vortex" down here.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Yeah, that new coordinator called me last week while I was getting things wrapped up.. he seemed like a nice guy tho.. very familiar voice , like the kind of guy who would buy you lunch at Isis, hook you up with a good mechanic, etc.. if I could only place where I'd met him before ;)

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Is nobody else cracking up at Shadow's comment: "mistakes will be made, but that's part of what makes us who we are and what keeps us separate from the competition"
Because the competition doesn't make mistakes?

Sorry, I have the same off kilter sense of humor as Turtle, lol. :eek:
Ok, I'm going to sleep now. Truck wash & oil change and back at it tomorrow.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
That is exactly why we created that spot. If you think back to orientation you are inundated with a ton of information in a very short time. It is so hard to retain it all and make sure you are doing everything right. Drivers forget things and often times get really frustrated. With someone calling and following up with them weekly it helps to clear so many of these things up and gives them a resource to help transition in.

Trucking is a difficult and frustrating job. But if you can remove some of the simpler frustrations for new hires it hopefully helps them, operations and administration and reduces turnover. We also have done other things to try and help. For instance new hires complete Qualcomm training in class like you all did. But now they actually run a fake load down the block and back. This way they walk thru dispatch, navigation, all the macros and scanning in a real world environment. Also helps to make sure Qualcomm system is all up and running properly.

We have to look for good ways to get better all the time! No different than I have always tried too!

Happy anniversary to Eddie!

As Load 1 newbies, we thought that it was great to get those "how ya doin" calls from Steve. In between we would think of things and know he would be calling and give us straight answers. We all know that every carrier runs a little bit different, but I think only Load 1 thought enough about it to dedicate an experienced person to field those 'dumb' newbie questions. It's a great idea and is being handled by a really helpful person. Yet another thing that sets Load 1 ahead of the pack!

Oh, another thing is making more in 2 months (with 10 days of out-of-service time for repairs) than we did in the first four months of 2013. Yay!!! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And you need to be able to laugh at those mistakes when they're funny, 'cause they're funny. This was hilarious. :D

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ya he's a funny guy that one.

steve, experienced, thought only a few of us were allowed to make old jokes. Welcome to the " we love Steve pack ". LOL. !!!!!

All joking aside, it's great to have Steve as the
Driver Implementation Coordinator

" ACRONYM "

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ya he's a funny guy that one.

steve, experienced, thought only a few of us were allowed to make old jokes. Welcome to the " we love Steve pack ". LOL. !!!!!

All joking aside, it's great to have Steve as the
Driver Implementation Coordinator

" ACRONYM "

HAHAHA!!! I'd better keep my mouth shut. I'm going to be driving one of his trucks. ROFLMAO